Alarm clocks

Hi, there is a liquid in the shower which claims to be a shampoo/conditioner kind of deal. I always take my own, though.

Also, no alarm clock but the time is displayed on the phone. If you need a wake-up call you can set that up very easily yourself. However, the electric current fluctuates in the cabin so a plug-in digital alarm clock would not be accurate; we tried this on one cruise and it was off by a longshot. Couldn't risk missing an excursion so we gave up. Now we use our iPhone alarm display - much better.

• 2 years later...

Trying to find a low cost, battery operated clock that has a digital readout easy to see in the dark....not an easy task! I don't really care about the alarm, just like to see what time it is when I wake up in the night without clapping my hands or "demanding" a backlight. Pleeeeeeeeease just tell me what time it is!

Not really visible unless you LOOK hard at it....but, you should have a watch, so you don't really need a clock! You don't want to use a cell phone ashore to tell time, as it may reflect local times, rather than ship's time. Ship's time is what's important.

A wake-up call is your best option.

Trying to find a low cost, battery operated clock that has a digital readout easy to see in the dark....not an easy task! I don't really care about the alarm, just like to see what time it is when I wake up in the night without clapping my hands or "demanding" a backlight. Pleeeeeeeeease just tell me what time it is!

Cell phone in airplane mode works for us.

I wonder if a plug-in clock with a battery backup would be any more accurate than one without battery backup? And, is there an outlet near the bed?

There are outlets near the beds on Oasis and Allure, but not on other ships.

Also, plug in clocks have been known to be very innacurate on ships due to the frequency produced by the ship's generators.

I bought one on eBay for about $15. It takes 4 AAA batteries and also plugs in to a usb port in a pinch. It shows time and temperature (if you want it -- handy on Princess cruises to see how hot the cabin is :cool::eek::rolleyes:). Two settings -- show time constantly or to save batteries you clap and it turns on.

Just remember to take out the batteries in between cruises!

Guest maddycat

I bought a travel alarm clock at Radio Shack before our last cruise. It's easy to see in the dark cabin and easy to set the alarm. It shows the temperature. It uses only one AAA battery. Between cruises I use it in our guest bedroom.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12934421

Edited by maddycat

Can someone tell me if there are alarm clocks, shampoo and soap in the Oasis cabins? Don't want to pack more than I need too. :)

Just ask your cabin steward for shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and body wash and they will be happy to provide them free of charge (On oasis and allure)