True? FLL all car rental agencies share shuttle to port everglades?

travelpeon

Read on tripadvisor that all FLL car rental agencies share a shuttle bus to Port Everglades. Is this accurate? I remember reading only certain agencies had a free shuttle...

I tried calling the FLL Hertz office to get an answer but no one picked up. I can try again but thought I'd ask here in case I misread a previous thread.

No, most of the companies have dropped out of it. Only National and Alamo participate in the Port Everglades shuttle from FLL now. The sign on the bus now actually alternates between "Port Everglades" and "National/Alamo".

That being said, most of the other major rental companies also have locations near the port with inexpensive cab/shuttle rides to the port.

Dollar and Thrifty used to share a location right outside the port area and drop off and pick from the ships. We have used Dollar previously and plan to next January. The location is listed as Miami Road. If anyone knows if this location has closed I would be grateful for the info. Thanks

The time we had planned on using the shuttle we found a lot of confusion, even when we inquired about the shuttle process and reserved our car no one mentioned that the shuttle didn't start until 11am and we returned our car really early (not sure if that has changed) but it was too late for us. We dropped our luggage at the port and returned the car to the airport and grabbed a cab. We are going to do the same thing this Oct, so much easier than moving all the luggage around. Have a great cruise :)

Dollar and Thrifty used to share a location right outside the port area and drop off and pick from the ships. We have used Dollar previously and plan to next January. The location is listed as Miami Road. If anyone knows if this location has closed I would be grateful for the info. Thanks

They were there this past January when we drove by. Also, Hertz is across the road in the Crowne Plaza.

The last time I looked, the official FLL airport website also still had this old info on it as well, which doesn't help with the confusion.

What do you mean it doesn't help with the confusion? It is creating confusion. How much more help with confusion can you get?

Archived