Booked our longest cruise

Shogun

Did they have formal nights? :-)

I don't know about Gertz's experience but those tin trays weren't very formal. The closest we got was after weeks at sea the day before port they served surf & turf with ice cream. That may only be on a carrier but don't know what they did to lobster tails which always created stomach problems. I avoided lobster for years before discovering on a cruise that doesn't have to be the case at sea. :p

Shogun...Congratulations on your "longest cruise ever!"

We are working on booking one at 19+ days to get to our "longest cruise ever" so we have awhile to go to reach the 1 month mark that you have reached!

Love that you have "new puppy Shogun" now! Bet that pup is a beauty and a constant joy.:)

The longest we've done is 35 days, Rome to Santiago Chile. We had a wonderful time, didn't feel rushed to do things, had fun with the crossing the equator ceremony ( I was sent to the barber (those who have done this will know what I mean)) and met a lot of wonderful people, some of whom we still visit and cruise with. Believe it or not though, as we neared the end of the cruise, as good as the food on the ship was, we were getting tired of it. I know, hard to believe but I was starting to get a craving for a good (or not so much) hunk o' chicken from KFC! Yikes!

I'm sure you'll have a very nice cruise.

Good choice on ships. My longest just a tad longer thanks to the US Navy.

Mine too but it was jsut not the same for some reason. Went to a lot of different ports with different "excursions" back then. Enjoyed them too (much)

Congrats Shogun....you will LOVE it!!! We did a 107 day World Cruise in 2009 (got an EXCELLENT deal - couldn't pass it up and I had just retired) ....we were worried we would get bored; not have enough to do; miss home tooooo much.....not a chance. We did miss our kids VERY much, but with email, inter. phone and Skype (yes, it worked for awhile) we were able to keep in touch.

We LOVED the sea days.....settled in like being at home. Read lots of books, relaxed, didn't eat a huge meal or dessert every day, worked out and walked the deck, took advantage of the free Elite laundry.....it was wonderful. The first 2 weeks went kind of slow and then it whizzed by.

We had a calendar up on the mirror with our ports and events listed and we checked them daily. Had a great CC group, and met some wonderful people we still see, and the ship did lots of fun and new things (guest speakers, yard sales with souvenirs people bought in ports and changed their minds, celebrities, etc.). We all became a big family. When 'the segmenters' came on - we had new entertainment watching them....they were all new and didn't have the routine down like we did!!

Enjoy - but you definitely won't do less than 2 weeks after this one. We don't!!!! Now if we could just hit the lotto.

I don't know about Gertz's experience but those tin trays weren't very formal. The closest we got was after weeks at sea the day before port they served surf & turf with ice cream. That may only be on a carrier but don't know what they did to lobster tails which always created stomach problems. I avoided lobster for years before discovering on a cruise that doesn't have to be the case at sea. :p

Never ever had lobster, or even real milk but we did have chicken or was that seagull?

Guess we could get into sea stories, and they would probably only interest 3 posters if I counted right.

Hi Woobstr112G

Would never put puppy Shogun in a kennel, we use family and a doggy farm, where they take only a few dogs into their house, they have their own sitting room with sofa and tv yes for dogs, the farm has a large fenced field for the dogs.

yours Shogun

You're a rock star Shogun! The longest we can do (because of work schedules) in 14 days total / 12 day cruise. We keep our kitty home and our very nice neighbor comes over twice a day to give him the necessaries - food, water, and love. :D

ENJOY!

Sounds fabulous. We did the Grand's Inaugural TA but just into NYC. Sounds fabulous to continue a TA with the Southern and Eastern Caribbean!

We are 3 months away from our longest cruise....28 days LA to Hawaii, Samoa, Tahiti and back to LA. No planes!!!!

Have fun,

Denise

We're on there with you, which so far is our longest.

Oh I wish we were planning a loooog cruise , our longest has be a 15 days , have done that a couple times and the 14 days a few times, just never ready to get off the ship, always wishing we could stay on longer. Our next is 14 days again, was hoping for the 28 days LA- Hawaii- So Pacific- LA, but just couldn't take the time away. Alas , keep hoping.

Cori

Archived