Zuiderdam Alaska July 9-16 "suite life"

osagegal

I just wanted to give my two cents on our experience on the Zuiderdam. Reading some of the recent comments about her makes me wonder if we were all on the same ship:) This was our first cruise, so maybe I have nothing to compare the Zuiderdam with, but we felt she was in good shape considering the amount of people that pass through her halls. Or maybe we didn't notice the ship's problems because we were busy being awed by Alaska's beauty.

We had SA 7068 and it was awesome! I was concerned about the room because it is located right next to the glass elevators. Privacy was never an issue, I spent a lot of time on the balcony and only saw a few people on the elevator the whole entire week. Most people seemed to stay towards the front of the elevator, so you couldn't see them. The location of our suite was great because it was so close to the elevator it was convenient to get anywhere on the ship. The Neptune Lounge was just down the hall and we used it often. I loved the perk of having our laundry and dry cleaning done, it was the first vacay that I didn't come home to a huge stack of laundry. That perk alone sold me on the suites. We loved the ship and our cabin and wouldn't hesitate to book the same ship and suite again. We also had great service the entire week. Every HAL employee that we came into contact with was extremely nice and they all bent over backwards to help you.

So, I say all of this for you extremely lucky people who have a future cruise booked on the Zuiderdam! You should have a great time!!!

Glad to hear you enjoyed your suite by the center glass elevators. We like those cabins on the Vista class ships and have never had a problem with people "watching us" fromt he elevators. The elevators go by so fast, who has time to look. Those center cabins are so convenient.

It's great you had a wonderful cruise and enjoyed the Zuiderdam. After reading some recent comments, I wondered what had happened to this great ship and crew since February of this year.

We were three cabins away in 7062 and our stewards and Neptune Lounge staff was the best of our HAL cruises. We will be back on her in May 2012..

Archived