????? any news on the new ship 2013

dreamlooker

I'm excited about these new builds. I can't wait to book but I would imagine it will be difficult for the first couple of months. I still think the cruise vacation is one of the most cost effective vacations out there.

I'm planning a land vacation with a friend for next fall between my two booked cruises and it's amazing to see how fast the money adds up!

I saw pictures of waht the new Royal Princess will look like on princess.com and read descriptions of her. They are saying she will have a glass-floored, glass-walled Skywalk 128 feet above the water on the starboard side. IMO it would be awesome to look down and see nothing but water under me. Of course, there is a warning for acrophobics, although you can't fall out of it.

Also new on the Royal: An adults-only pool area with 7 private cabanas for lounging; a larger MUTS screen; a light/water show every night; and a port side snack bar opposite the Skywalk. I am excited about the new ships!

I saw pictures of waht the new Royal Princess will look like on princess.com and read descriptions of her. They are saying she will have a glass-floored, glass-walled Skywalk 128 feet above the water on the starboard side. IMO it would be awesome to look down and see nothing but water under me. Of course, there is a warning for acrophobics, although you can't fall out of it.

Also new on the Royal: An adults-only pool area with 7 private cabanas for lounging; a larger MUTS screen; a light/water show every night; and a port side snack bar opposite the Skywalk. I am excited about the new ships!

aaahhh, man - I wish She was debuting next year. But it is something to look forward to.

I actually like the bigger ships and don't typically have a problem finding quiet areas when I want to. The buffet area is usually the only place that is really congested that I go and I just relax and don't worry about it. Someday, I will have to try one of Princess' smaller ships just to get the experience.

Don't know where I've been, but 2 new ships ?

From where I am, it doesn't look like the economy has improved all that much, but a couple of lines are bringing new ships.

http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na1150

http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/rp/index.html

http://www.princess.com/video/dvd/royalprincess.html

If you wait until the economy recovers to order a new ship, by the time it is built the economy may be bad again.

From where I am, it doesn't look like the economy has improved all that much, but a couple of lines are bringing new ships.
The economy hasn't improved but the Euro exchange rate did, plus the European shipyards are literally dying for new business which meant good deals for Princess. There are a couple of shipyards in danger of closing or hanging on by their teeth, so the deals benefit both the shipyard and Princess.

It'll be interesting to see people's reactions to a glass floor in Skywalkers. I've seen people go green just stepping into the room and feeling the ship's motion, which is much greater up there. Hope they've got lots of paper towels and gag bags handy. It wouldn't bother me as long as people can keep their lunch down.

The economy hasn't improved but the Euro exchange rate did, plus the European shipyards are literally dying for new business which meant good deals for Princess. There are a couple of shipyards in danger of closing or hanging on by their teeth, so the deals benefit both the shipyard and Princess.

It'll be interesting to see people's reactions to a glass floor in Skywalkers. I've seen people go green just stepping into the room and feeling the ship's motion, which is much greater up there. Hope they've got lots of paper towels and gag bags handy. It wouldn't bother me as long as people can keep their lunch down.

Interesting as to where you get your facts?

Ficanteri Shipyards in Trieste currently has a 3 year backlog for new builds!:rolleyes:

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that due to the "all outside staterooms" being balconies, did you notice that there is NO OUTSIDE DECK on Promenade on the new Royal? You will also see the lifeboats below the lowest balcony deck (since no deck diagrams yet one cannot be sure WHAT deck that is the lifeboats are on)

Secondly, it really makes me wonder what ports/itineraries this ship (and it's sister in 2014) are going to be on when they come out. My guess is the Caribbean and Alaska. Why? again, it gets back to the lifeboats and the lower open balconies. This is NOT a design condusive to Transatlantic crossings. Seems way too low for large waves to be deflected IMO. Then again, i'm no ship design engineer, but it's fun to speculate! :rolleyes:

I am most interested in knowing what the itineraries will be on this new ship in the first year. Wish Princess would release info, so I can plan. Like to go on a new ship 6-12 months after it enters service. Waiting..... to book.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that due to the "all outside staterooms" being balconies, did you notice that there is NO OUTSIDE DECK on Promenade on the new Royal? You will also see the lifeboats below the lowest balcony deck (since no deck diagrams yet one cannot be sure WHAT deck that is the lifeboats are on)

Secondly, it really makes me wonder what ports/itineraries this ship (and it's sister in 2014) are going to be on when they come out. My guess is the Caribbean and Alaska. Why? again, it gets back to the lifeboats and the lower open balconies. This is NOT a design condusive to Transatlantic crossings. Seems way too low for large waves to be deflected IMO. Then again, i'm no ship design engineer, but it's fun to speculate! :rolleyes:

Actually, if you look at Princess' renderings (they're posted on Flickr... click the link under the photo below), you'll see that while there appears to be no wraparound Promenade, there are Promenade-like areas forward, mid and aft of the lifeboats. Also, I would think that you will NOT see the Royal Princess in Alaska...ever...too big.

5527247325_e8283b800c_b.jpg

Royal Princess Profile by Princess Cruises, on Flickr

I just watched this video. It made me curious about whether or not you're going to have to scramble and pay to get a seat in the Sanctuary in order to use the adults only pool, assuming there is just that one adults only pool on board.:confused:

No, it appears that the Sanctuary is actually forward of the adults only pool. Watch the video carefully and you'll see entrances into the Sanctuary.

5527230721_8202773152_b.jpg

I just watched this video. It made me curious about whether or not you're going to have to scramble and pay to get a seat in the Sanctuary in order to use the adults only pool, assuming there is just that one adults only pool on board.:confused:

You can have our spots. We never go to any pool. ;)

I am most interested in knowing what the itineraries will be on this new ship in the first year. Wish Princess would release info, so I can plan. Like to go on a new ship 6-12 months after it enters service. Waiting..... to book.

My uneducated guess would be caribbean only.

You think they're going to shlep that big girl to Europe? OK with me. I would just like to see a ship in the caribbean during the May to October months.

Well, I think she'll have her inaugural season in the Med... after that, who knows?! ;)

Actually, if you look at Princess' rendering, you'll see that while there appears to be no wraparound Promenade, there are Promenade-like areas forward, mid and aft of the lifeboats.

5527247325_e8283b800c_b.jpg

The areas by the lifeboats are relatively small and, although an outside area that might have some deck chairs, are not a Promenade deck.

I suspect that the aft portion which is a wrap around area is a crew only area.

Nice to see a whole new design and not just a larger Grand class ship.

I agree! I do hope that the outside areas they show on Promenade have chairs or loungers. I'm assuming there will be a running/walking track on one of the top decks.

I like it it looks like a princess ship with a few more whistles and bells. Looking forward to seeing what if anything has change bellow decks.

Dont Care where it goes i want a go lol.

Stu K

Archived