Just Back from the Oosterdam

intandemNV

We had an absolutely fabulous week in Alaska. Food, service and weather were really great, just very sad to lose a passenger. I am working on a review and am happy to answer questions. We had an aft wrap around deck, 7151, and ate in all 3 restaraunts. We used our deck a lot due to the amazing sunny weather! I'll be driving home the next few days but will check in...

I'll be on the Oo. in October, so I will be anxious to read your review.

I've been in Stern V's (once in Alaska) and yes the view is spectacular.

Some day I hope a wrap around is in my future.

Hi, what dates are you on the Oo in October?

Hi, what dates are you on the Oo in October?

I believe it is 15th thru 22nd, one week charter to Mexico.

A few days after this on Oct. 29 I take the Westerdam from SAN, trans-canal back home to FLL

r.

I believe it is 15th thru 22nd, one week charter to Mexico.

A few days after this on Oct. 29 I take the Westerdam from SAN, trans-canal back home to FLL

r.

Thanks, we board on the 22nd for a RT to Hawaii. I understand it will be in dry dock just before you board.

Thanks, we board on the 22nd for a RT to Hawaii. I understand it will be in dry dock just before you board.

You are the 2nd person to mention a drydock, but the ship's schedule does NOT show any vacant time.

Years ago on CC I found a drydock schedule for all HAL ships, but never have been able to find it again.

My guess is that some people have seen a 1 week hole in the schedule and "assume" it is a drydock.

But no, that hole is my 1 week private charter. No HAL sales available.

Would love to know if you have any other information.

Thanks,

r.

You are the 2nd person to mention a drydock, but the ship's schedule does NOT show any vacant time.

Years ago on CC I found a drydock schedule for all HAL ships, but never have been able to find it again.

My guess is that some people have seen a 1 week hole in the schedule and "assume" it is a drydock.

Thanks,

r.

I hope this works: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1438585&highlight=drydock

If the link doesn't work, just search for "drydock" and there's a thread called "Drydock for Oosterdam." :)

Thanks,

r.

I have the following info on my site, http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Dry-Dock-Schedule.txt I need to update the schedule, from another CC member who requested the info directly from HAL:

Following information provided by: trvlcrzy on 2 January 2011 Oosterdam – September 25, 2011 through October 3, 2011 (in Victoria, BC) before changing to Mexican Riviera itineraries

Joanie

We had an absolutely fabulous week in Alaska. Food, service and weather were really great, just very sad to lose a passenger. I am working on a review and am happy to answer questions. We had an aft wrap around deck, 7151, and ate in all 3 restaraunts. We used our deck a lot due to the amazing sunny weather! I'll be driving home the next few days but will check in...

I will look forward to your review.

intandemNV, am so interested in your review of the "O" as we will be on her the end of August. Please tell about your menu's in the specialty restaurants and MDR as well. We have booked SS 8084 and are SO curious about it and the spaciness/balcony/furnishings. This is our first cruise so we're VERY green about it all but absolutely excited to go! Thanks for any info that may help us and other "newbies".:)

I hope this works: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1438585&highlight=drydock

If the link doesn't work, just search for "drydock" and there's a thread called "Drydock for Oosterdam." :)

I have the following info on my site, http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Dry-Dock-Schedule.txt I need to update the schedule, from another CC member who requested the info directly from HAL:

Following information provided by: trvlcrzy on 2 January 2011 Oosterdam – September 25, 2011 through October 3, 2011 (in Victoria, BC) before changing to Mexican Riviera itineraries

Joanie

Joanie & Dobiemom:

Thank you both for the info & links.

I will look forward to a "sparkling" Big O :cool:

r.

We had an absolutely fabulous week in Alaska. Food, service and weather were really great, just very sad to lose a passenger. I am working on a review and am happy to answer questions. We had an aft wrap around deck, 7151, and ate in all 3 restaurants. We used our deck a lot due to the amazing sunny weather! I'll be driving home the next few days but will check in...

I'm waiting patiently!

Archived