Can We Make It????

kaleighsgram

Delta just notified us that our flight from Orlando Airport to Hartford, Ct. has been changed. Originally, it was scheduled for 12:30, which we felt would have been enough time to get off the Dream and to the airport in time. The flight is now scheduled for 11:10 a.m. We've never done this, so are questioning whether that would be enough time. Thoughts?????

Has the toll road been fixed?? do you need to check in 2 hours early, or is 1 hour enough? For that port I would say iffy. Can you change to the afternoon since they changed the time, not you?

I would be too worried. You will probably make it just fine, assuming you have a shuttle waiting to drive to the Orlando airport.

CAN you make it? Good chance. Better than 75% chance

However, since it's less than a 90 minute change, they most likely will not change you to a different flight for free.

The 12:30 was a good choice though :D

Delta just notified us that our flight from Orlando Airport to Hartford, Ct. has been changed. Originally, it was scheduled for 12:30, which we felt would have been enough time to get off the Dream and to the airport in time. The flight is now scheduled for 11:10 a.m. We've never done this, so are questioning whether that would be enough time. Thoughts?????

I'm in the same boat (pardon the pun!). My flight was scheduled to depart MIA at 2:30...now it leaves at 11:00 am!

From what I have read, we can ask for early debarkation at guest services, so I'm hoping everything will be fine.

Happy cruising!

you can do self debark or go to guest services and tell you have an early flight and need a a low zone number. Also, while onboard complete the online checkin for your airline. If you do online checkin, then all you gotta do is just get pass airline security

I have flown in and out of mco several time recently they appear to be pretty hard core about 2 hour arrival time pre flight

yes- they will not accept your luggage if your flight is less then 60 minutes away

Isnt flying fun.

Stories like this make me continue to drive 900 miles to cruises rather than fly.

Considering you have over a 1 hour drive to Orlando airport would call and change to later flight. Not worth the aggravation.

Delta recently changed my flight too and let me switch flights free of charge. As long as the original time you were scheduled for and the new itinterary is more than an hour difference. I would call deltas customer service number and tell them the situation. It was really easy for me and I had a new confirmation email within minutes!!

Per Delta Website-

If a Delta schedule or routing change has delayed your departure or arrival by more than one hour, you may be eligible to select an alternate flight at no additional charge. Note that the below conditions may apply:

•Your origin, destination and travel date must remain the same

•Alternate flights must be available, and you can only modify once as subsequent changes may result in additional fees

•Voluntary changes to other flights not impacted by a Delta schedule change may result in additional fees

If you travel light, carry your luggage off the ship, you should be off by 8, 8:30 at the latest (we are platinum and that helps). An hour to the air terminal, then carry on only should work, if there are no hangups. I'd chance it, good luck!

I'm in the same boat (pardon the pun!). My flight was scheduled to depart MIA at 2:30...now it leaves at 11:00 am!

From what I have read, we can ask for early debarkation at guest services, so I'm hoping everything will be fine.

Happy cruising!

:eek:Yikes:eek: I would not chance this at all. Even with early debarkation, it could be 8:30 or 9 before you can get off the boat.

You do realize the airport is a good drive from the port, right? This airport is not 15 min down the road like many of them are. It's a good hour if not a little more and that's on a good day. What if you get stuck in traffic? If you're taking ship transportation, you will have to wait until the bus fills up, which could take even longer.

I would highly recommend changing this, but if you decide not to, good luck.:)

Just a comment.

The last two cruises from PC (the Glory and Dream) they had people off the boat starting at 6:30.

Now onto would I not want a flight that early. No I would not. To close for comfort.

:eek:Yikes:eek: I would not chance this at all. Even with early debarkation, it could be 8:30 or 9 before you can get off the boat.

You do realize the airport is a good drive from the port, right? This airport is not 15 min down the road like many of them are. It's a good hour if not a little more and that's on a good day. What if you get stuck in traffic? If you're taking ship transportation, you will have to wait until the bus fills up, which could take even longer.

I would highly recommend changing this, but if you decide not to, good luck.:)

Thanks for your concern....having left from MIA airport for both my other cruises, I don't remember the drive being 1 hour or more. Last November, our flight was leaving at 2:30, and we were sitting at the airport by 9:30...and used the Carnival shuttle.

At this point, I don't think I can change my flight - not without penalties. We will self-debark and grab a taxi at POM.

You have PLENTY of time - depending on what your port/airport transportation plans are.

I just got off the Dream July 9th. We are Platinum so we have the opportunity to get off the ship earlier than most; but in this case, we waited until the very last ones off just because we could. We exited the ship by 8:30 (get luggage, wait on transport, yada, yada, yada)and we had private transportation to MCO (Orlando Airport). We arrived there at 9:45ish am and had to wait 3 1/2 hours for our flight. I so wished I had booked the 11:00 AM departure instead of the 1:30 departure.

The Dream Staff and Port Canaveral really have the disembarkation process down pat! I'd say GO FOR IT!

chance it. We once had a 11:30am flight ....we were off ship early but for some reason traffic was bad..........we got to airport at 11:15....they would not board us.....we were then put on stand-by ....we did not get out of Maimi's airport until a 7:15PM flight....that pure heck!!!!!:(

chance it. We once had a 11:30am flight ....we were off ship early but for some reason traffic was bad..........we got to airport at 11:15....they would not board us.....we were then put on stand-by ....we did not get out of Maimi's airport until a 7:15PM flight....that pure heck!!!!!:(

OK, now I'm nervous...will contact Air Canada to see what can be done - but looking at the available flights - not too much!

This is why I never book Delta if I can at all avoid it. They have changed way too many of my flights. I travel for work and don't need the hassle! Good luck-it will be a tight one! I personally would try to change it.

Pat

Delta has ALWAYS been very good with us when they change the times like that. Just give them a call and tell them the change doesn't work with your plans. They'll move you around.

I second this. If you're nice about it I really don't think you should have a problem. If they do say no, then try being a bit more forceful. I think that an 11 AM ish is a stretch when you have to go from Port Can. to MCO...if there is an accident on that toll road you're basically screwed :-/ (I used to live down there and can tell horror stories of the Bee (I think it's Beach) Line being shut down for hours at a time because of accidents.

Archived