LIVE FROM Eclipse with video and photographs

Jo and Rob

I've realised that all my food pictures are from the Moonlight Sonata restaurant (Main Dining Restaurant) or the speciality restaurant so here are some pictures of the buffet.

The layout on mini islands was superb as queuing was never a problem.

Eclipse-57-L.jpg

The salad layout was colourful and had a good selection.

Eclipse-55-L.jpg

There were several mini desserts so you could easily have a taster of more than one!

Eclipse-53-L.jpg

There were always pizzas at lunch (we didn't go in the evening but they may have been there too)

Eclipse-50-L.jpg

Rob's favourite section for lunch was the bread section where he selected his bread variety and his ingredients and the chef then made him a freshly filled roll which tasted delicious.

Eclipse-54-L.jpg

The bread and pastries on Eclipse were the best we have ever had on any cruise ship. The French flour that they buy in certainly makes all the difference. :) There were loads of cooked food stations such as roast meat, grilled meat, traditional British and American food, Indian food, Chinese, Thai, the fact was we spoilt for choice!

Edited by Jo and Rob

This was the best review I've ever read. The videos were unbelievable and extremely enjoyable to view. I'm so sad that it is over but look forward to your next adventure. You could sail the world, with you're photographic family (and talented husband) and make travel videos. Your family is absolutely precious! I've cruised over forty times and I don't know why I've never chosen celebrity. Your review has certainly changed my mind and will be looking for a cruise soon!!! Happy travels!!!

Hi Jo and Rob, thank you again for the detail posts, pictures and videos, love love love them very much, love the kids, they are great on camera.

Would you post the date of your next cruise as I would like to follow you again.

Thanks so much

Suz

Just a quick question. I started to read Rob's "How to" post on the video page of CC but have noticed that no further lessons have popped up... I am very eager to learn how you did the google earth portions of the cruise and where and how you used the animation of the ship. Has this moved elsewhere?

thanks,

Just a quick question. I started to read Rob's "How to" post on the video page of CC but have noticed that no further lessons have popped up... I am very eager to learn how you did the google earth portions of the cruise and where and how you used the animation of the ship. Has this moved elsewhere?

thanks,

Go to you tube and search cleancruising. There are a lot of virtual videos of cruises to choose from on that site. Just found it by mistake!

Edited by travellink

I reviewed the videos once again and they were wonderful to watch and listen once again. I want to be cruising now, have to wait till February, darn!!

Thanks again Jo, Rob, Emily, and Oliver!

Edited by dblane

• 11 months later...

Well, this thread has been dormant for a while, but I want to thank Jo and Rob and your wonderful children for taking the time and effort to make this wonderful thread!!! We sail on Eclipse in two months and the information provided was VERY helpful!! Best thread I've ever seen on CC!!!! Bravo!!!! :D

Well, this thread has been dormant for a while, but I want to thank Jo and Rob and your wonderful children for taking the time and effort to make this wonderful thread!!! We sail on Eclipse in two months and the information provided was VERY helpful!! Best thread I've ever seen on CC!!!! Bravo!!!! :D

I agree!! Loved this thread!!

Hi Jo, Rob, Emily & Oliver, Thank you for a great review. I have just finished reading every single word and viewed every picture you posted and I have nothing but praise for all of you. I wish my DH and I could cruise with you. We will be on Eclipse next February and I just can't wait to experience that beautiful ship. Thanks again.

Sheila

Thank you for your kind comments. Eclipse is such a beautiful ship and we can't wait to sail on her again. We have just booked Eclipse for the Baltics and Russia next summer which will be a real treat!

Wow! Just wanted to add yet another thank you for your amazing video review with pictures and for sharing your cruise with all of us. Your kids are just priceless and Rob's video skills are beyond compare! We will be on the Eclipse this Dec/Jan and are seriously considering a Baltic cruise so we will be eagerly looking for your Baltic video review and others you post!

May all your days be as enjoyable as your Celebrity Eclipse cruise!

Edited by Swann5

• 1 year later...

Hello, Jo -- another Jo here! I'm late to the party but you just posted the link to this live report and I really enjoyed it. I feel we are old friends now, especially as I previously saw your video from your Baltic cruise. Oliver and Emily are adorable -- let's hope their enthusiasm for starring in the videos continues into their preteen and teen years. I love your enthusiasm, and that Rob -- obviously a romantic soul with his eye through the camera and the perfect music.

JoAnn