Can you buy dry cleaning bags?

pampaul

I've heard that using dry cleaning bags to pack your clothes in (when going on vacation) prevents wrinkles.

Is there a way to buy these bags or do you have to get them from having your clothes pressed at the dry cleaners?

And if you can buy them, do you know how much they might be?

Thanks!!!

If you can't get some from your local dry cleaner then use large cheap trash bags.

This is what I use. I buy the cheapest (not Hefty - they are too thick) tall kitchen bags out there. You can sometimes luck out and find rolls of clear bags instead of the white too.

You might also just pop into the dry cleaners you use and see if they will sell you some. I know whenever I pick up DHs suit, I just ask for a couple of extras and they cut me off a couple for no extra charge.

agree with the tissue paper. I still remember when my mom packed my suitcase for my first trip over seas. 30 days later I will still pulling out tissue paper ... but nothing was wrinkled. :D

I just go in to the dry cleaner and ask for the bags. They charge 15 cents for short bags, 25 cents for longer bags.

I put the bags around dresses and suits, the same way they come from a dry cleaner.

I place a bag over each layer of tops and shirts in my suitcase. It works very well.

I usually get about 10 bags and that has been more than enough.

I just go in to the dry cleaner and ask for the bags. They charge 15 cents for short bags, 25 cents for longer bags.

I put the bags around dresses and suits, the same way they come from a dry cleaner.

I place a bag over each layer of tops and shirts in my suitcase. It works very well.

I usually get about 10 bags and that has been more than enough.

When you say that you put a bag over "each layer" of tops/shirts, do you still fold the tops as you normally would and then place the bag on top of it? Or do you lay each shirt/outfit in the suitcase and then place the bag on top. I was thinking that I would have to place a bag over each shirt/outfit that I had and then lay them down in the suitcase.

Archived