Just returned Crown Princess British Isles Cruise

RhondaPerr

Thanks for your review. 10 euros for a Coke?? Did it come with real cocaine?? Just one more reason I drink wine instead of soda . . . !

Interesting about your assignment to a table for 2. The exact same thing happened to me on the Crown last December -- and I was traveling solo, so being assigned alone to a table for 2 really struck me as exceptionally odd. The Crown obviously has a maitre d' who's very bad at the table-assignment part of his job.

Glad you had a good time; I look forward to doing this itinerary myself one day.

In 2005, our family of 4 spent $56 on Diet Cokes at dinner. Obviously, prices have gone up since then.

So, for those of you that know the UK well, is it better to go there in May or August? I haven't been there in either of those months and am trying to decide which is better as far as weather and crowds.

In 2005, our family of 4 spent $56 on Diet Cokes at dinner. Obviously, prices have gone up since then.

So, for those of you that know the UK well, is it better to go there in May or August? I haven't been there in either of those months and am trying to decide which is better as far as weather and crowds.

I asked this questions of some Brits on a prior cruise with us, and they said May/June. Of course if you want to go to the Tattoo, then it's August.

Angelika

I asked about best time to go from some Brits and they said least amount of rain was in August. We went last August and the only rain we had was on our bus travel to the port. We did have several cloudy days though, but dry. I don't recall having large crowds either, except Edinbourgh.

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry to post this in multiple threads, but as much help as this board was to us in planning, I felt like I should spread it around. We were on the August 4 sailing and I've posted what is probably an entirely too long review of the trip. Hope it helps.

Deandome,

enjoyed your review. I couldn't get your blog site to come up, could you post link on here?

thanks

Sorry to post this in multiple threads, but as much help as this board was to us in planning, I felt like I should spread it around. We were on the August 4 sailing and I've posted what is probably an entirely too long review of the trip. Hope it helps.

Just had a chance to read your review. Very thorough. Thanks for posting.....:):):)

Bob

Archived