LGBT Liberty of the Seas 10-29-2011 Transatlantic Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale (Pt2)

CC Help Jenn

I'm old enough that I do remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when I learned that Pres. Kennedy was assassinated. But 10 years ago is as fresh in my mind as if it were yesterday--just like everyone else. I was home from work that day, and my DD and her family were temporarily staying with us. But my panic was caused by our other DD, who along with her then-fiance were both working near the Pentagon, and it was hours before she was able to reach us on her cell.

My heart continues to go out to everyone affected by that devastating day.

PETER, Thanks for the suggestion re. 12th October. I would love to meet up, providing my DIL doesn't want me to be looking after Beth that day. I'll be in touch nearer the time.

GEORGE, I was thinking about your lovely seaside apartment when I saw the forecast of the weather heading for Scotland. I hope all is well.

MARILYN and GEORGE, have a great cruise.

10 years ago I was working in my dental surgery in Weybridge. I did not have access to a computer but was listening to Radio 2 all afternoon. The Steve Wright programme got increasingly sombre as time went on and the seriousness of the event became apparent. I had an American patient booked who popped in to say she couldn't stay for treatment. Her daughter was at the American School and they all had a call to collect their children and take them home in case they became a target.

It wasn't till I got home hours later and saw the pictures that it fully hit home just what a terrible tragedy it was. I was then amazed that most of the other patients did keep their appointments.

Corinne

Hi everyone, back on the boards on such a somber day, thanks for the beautiful pic Peter! I was working in a very tall building in Chicago that day and I will never forget the sobbing message my mother left me begging me to leave the city. Unfortunately I was hosting phyiscians from around the country including the chief of Anesthesiology at Mount Siania (hospital in Manhattan). I took hours to secure hotel rooms for my guests. Then my anesthesiologist and his two colleagues in desperation and unable to find a rental car shared a bench seat u-haul truck to get home to his job and family in NYC.

Ironically just read the note about her majesty reclaiming the USA, have no problem with her pitching out congress but leave our "petrol and current president" alone, lol.

Heard from Cleveland Clinic, kind of scary when your disorder is so rare that even they are unsue of what to do with me. In the end, I jsut need to make a choice to get busy living and try not to worry too much about what the future holds. So sorry to hear of Irene's husband passing. In my ICU experience those bleeds are devestating and even if folks survive them they are never the same so I beleive he is at peace and hope his family feels the same. Supposed to have the Chicago gathering of LOST folks next Sunday at 7PM at Ballydoyles in Downers Grove, hope it works out ok since I have been so absent. Sent away for luggage tags yesterday, weee, starting to feel real now.

Just dropping in...have been posting on the other boards. I do have an acquaintance who is celebrating her brother's existence as he works for the Port Authority and came down to the 44th floor to buy coffee for his fellow employees 10 years ago today, got off the elevator and the plane hit the building. It took him a long way to find his way out of the building but lived to tell how he cheated death for the 2nd time at the World Trade Center. He was also in the building when they bombed it in 1993. I also have a very close friend who was hungry before lunch in 1993 and left the building at 11:30 instead of 12:00 and missed the bombing.

Darlene

Just checking in.... had to turn the TV off... it was so depressing hearing those stories so very tragic.... Still cannot believe it was 10 years ago, where did those years go...hopefully nothing like that will ever happen again.

Cooking dinner tonight, quite a rarity lately.[ LOL].. doing my roast beef, yorkshire pudding, roast potatoes, and cauliflower. not forgetting the bisto gravy.......oven is on smells good... didn't mind putting the oven on today as we finally went below 100...yea !!!!

Good Sunday evening to all on this day of rememberance. Irember where I was at the time the news of the attacks made it's way out west, just getting ready for work while listening to the radio.

Safe travel wishes to those heading out.

Off to BBQ a pork loin and uncork a nice zin.

Good morning everyone.

What a miserable morning heavy rain on way to work this morning, winds haven't started yet. First day I've had to start wearing my vest and a jumper - winter's fast approaching.

Had a busy day yesterday, Booked our extra luggage (now to decide what shoes to take), booked our day room at Miami International Airport and booked myself a bottle of plonk and some fruit for Tam for our stateroom.

Hope everyone has a good week.

Mhairi

Good morning everyone.

What a miserable morning heavy rain on way to work this morning, winds haven't started yet. First day I've had to start wearing my vest and a jumper - winter's fast approaching.

Had a busy day yesterday, Booked our extra luggage (now to decide what shoes to take), booked our day room at Miami International Airport and booked myself a bottle of plonk and some fruit for Tam for our stateroom.

Hope everyone has a good week.

Mhairi

Stay safe up there in Scotland, just very angry skies down here in Manchester at the moment, but you can hear that the wind is getting stronger.

Marilyn & George, same to you too, stay safe today.

Very wild and windy here and it's not even 9am the Storm is supposed to peak at around 4pm the police have advised us to move our cars before 1pm high tide, I moved mine last night in preparation.

All packed and ready to head for Turkey.

Peter recorded Shameless last week and watched it last night :D now there is a business opening A SHAMELESS TOUR in Manchester :) I would go on it.

Very wild and windy here and it's not even 9am the Storm is supposed to peak at around 4pm the police have advised us to move our cars before 1pm high tide, I moved mine last night in preparation.

All packed and ready to head for Turkey.

Peter recorded Shameless last week and watched it last night :D now there is a business opening A SHAMELESS TOUR in Manchester :) I would go on it.

Hi George, hope it doesn't get too bad, winds picking up here even more than before.

Not sure I'd do a Shameless tour but you never know, depends where it is.

Let me know your plans for Weds.

Sherry

Shameless is a very funny tv show about a fictional Manchester Council Estate http://www.channel4.com/programmes/shameless :D

We are still in the middle of this storm, high tide was at 1pm but we were lucky that it was a 2.1 metre high tide as against the sometimes 3.8 metre tide which would have caused flooding

Pics from my window

2765251300069717818S600x600Q85.jpg

2709515150069717818S600x600Q85.jpg

2571678860069717818S600x600Q85.jpg

Edited by scotsman

Sherry

Shameless is a very funny tv show about a fictional Manchester Council Estate http://www.channel4.com/programmes/shameless :D

We are still in the middle of this storm, high tide was at 1pm but we were lucky that it was a 2.1 metre high tide as against the sometimes 3.8 metre tide which would have caused flooding

Pics from my window

2765251300069717818S600x600Q85.jpg

2709515150069717818S600x600Q85.jpg

2571678860069717818S600x600Q85.jpg

Thanks for the pics George, was wondering how it was with you. Just very windy here at the moment.

Just checked with RCCL and our group's docs are going to be ready by the end of this week. Of course, if I called again, I would probably get another answer....Really don't need them just to get the luggage tags.

GEORGE I will have to look on the site I download my English shows to see if that is available. Pretty stormy photos, best to stay home....

GEORGE I just found it and I am downloading is as we speak... there are 2 episodes up according to my website this series just started. I have episodes 14 and 15

Edited by sebritish

Pretty wild, wet and windy here today. As I did not have to go out I stayed home and planned what to pack......

Really lookng forward to the Vision at the end of the week - this time next week I shall be with my grandchildren in Israel :):)

George.....those are very impressive pictures. Just stay safe. You too, Marilyn!

It looks like a lot of us are now doing the doc dance....:D And Sandy and Jill, not to worry, we will all be dancing together on the Liberty SOON!!!:D

Edited by KeywestK

George, very nasty looking seas there. I hope thats as bad as it gets. With no update on the new glazing hopefully that means its in good shape.

No doc dance for us either. Called and was told it would be there 45 days out which should be tomorrow. The website is super slow for me today. Again what I want is the link to get luggage tags.

Marilyn, have a wonder time with the g'kids.

Donna

Another cute email - I really like this one.......

HEMA is a Dutch department store. The first store opened on November

4, 1926, in Amsterdam . Now there are 150 stores all over the

Netherlands

Take a look at HEMA's product page - just wait a couple of seconds and

watch what happens...

DON'T click on any of the items in the picture or move your mouse, just wait...

This company has a sense of humor and a great computer programmer, who

has too much time on his hands...

http://producten.hema.nl/ <http://producten.hema.nl/>

You need sound to get the full effect.

And, no, it’s not another scary-monster-jump-out-of-your-screen Halloween prank.

Be patient and let it load.