LGBT Liberty of the Seas 10-29-2011 Transatlantic Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale (Pt2)

CC Help Jenn

How's Geoffrey doing Marilyn?

He seems to be doing a bit better today, Peter - long may it continue as we only have another week before we leave for Barcelona and it would be great if he were off his crutches before then........

I was actually thinking of having to wear one of the " Accidently Borrowed Towel " from a previous cruise...No better way to return it to RCCL then just dropping it as soon as you set Barefoot on the ship! Ha ha ha :)

Mike

I must get back to work...I'm on the clock you know!

He seems to be doing a bit better today, Peter - long may it continue as we only have another week before we leave for Barcelona and it would be great if he were off his crutches before then........
So good to hear Marilyn that Geoffrey is making progress, very good news.

Well, very seriously Marilyn, if you need a hand with anything please let us know. I know we're not in the same hotel pre-cruise but as you know 'many hands make light work' and we can work something out on the 29th.

Edited by peteukmcr

For UK folk.

Just watching Paul Merton on Allure. Hilarious!

I agree it was funny, and obviously RCI took the opportunity to use it as a good advert for Allure. Does make me determined to be onboard as planned in 2012 (note to self, must get a job).

So good to hear Marilyn that Geoffrey is making progress, very good news.

Well, very seriously Marilyn, if you need a hand with anything please let us know. I know we're not in the same hotel pre-cruise but as you know 'many hands make light work' and we can work something out on the 29th.

Thanks, Peter :) Larry & Suzy are in our hotel and said they would give us a hand if we needed it...... Hopefully we should be able to manage.

Just had my fun for the day, giving Geoffrey his nightly injection!

Marilyn, good to hear Geoffrey is making progress. Lets hope those crutches are but a memory next week.

Just had my fun for the day, giving Geoffrey his nightly injection!

We'll just call you 'nurse.' Is the injection in the knee?

Hi we made it to Philly and fly out to London in about another hour. Hopefully will be able to sleep as we have a full day tomorrow

Glad to hear you are taking such good care of Geoffrey ...a good wife Marilyn

Must go they are calling us to board....see younexf week

George, I have never seen a Pinnacle Pin yet. We were last on a cruise in Feb and the one pinnacle person on the ship didn't have her pin yet.

I think the NC corner is getting very crowded. Since I train the workersw who sits next to me, I now call it the naughty chair. They returned a worker to me who was there for 6 months, put her some place else, but she got "lost" and brought her back to me a year later. You guys are really rubbing off on me.

Can't wait to see everyone again.

Darlene

NC for everyone:D:D

Marilyn, glad to hear Geoffrey is doing better.

Karen, it sounds like you and David are having a great time.

Have a great evening/morning everyone, hard to believe it is right around the corner after planning for so long. Only 16 more working hours!!:D:D

Hi everyone! Glad to see that the NC is getting full. Safe travels to all. 7 days and 12 hours till our plane takes off.

Edited a little theme music for us all, Let's get the party started :D. download here: https://public.me.com/pnorcross

On another note, at work we were kicked off on a couple of huge projects that the bosses wanted me to work on. Due in 3 weeks. They were asking if I could postpone my vacation :confused:. OH NO :eek:.

Oh boy, getting closer. Worked some more on packing tonight, cleaned house as in-laws are coming to help with our daughter and pets and stuff.

8 interviews down, two more Friday morning. Two more working days, then I'm outta there. Julie has one more work day tomorrow (she works 4 10's).

To all who are heading out today and tomorrow, be safe and we'll see you on board.

Sandy, news report showed the awful wind in Chicago. How are you guys doing?

Edited by tahoemc

Well our group is thinning out as ,ore and more are leaving. Took 2 excedrin pm's tonight and promptly fell ssle at 10 :30. Now I m awake. Took another one just now. Need sleep. Have appointment for license renewal in am at the AAA office then therapy in afternoon.

I updated my ITunes, saw that it included the cloud. When I connected my IPad it said sync would take over one hour. 3 minutes later it was done. I do not think I have os5 on my iPad! I do not see snything different or anything about the cloud. I am lost!

Joyceu

For UK folk.

Just watching Paul Merton on Allure. Hilarious!

Still think it will be way tooooo big but 3 weeks on Sunday I will be onboard :D and so looking forward to it.

My old Great Aunt called me after the programme aired, in her words

Butlins on the Water :eek: but she is an old snob, she said the belly flop confirmed this and do they sell Kiss me Quick hats :D

Will make final packing day Monday,heading to Forfar/Broughty Ferry on Sat (give you a wave Mhairi) then Sunday home via Glasgow going to the BBC Food Show https://www.theticketfactory.com/gfss/online/ in the morning then in the afternoon http://www.cruisingshow.com/ all in all a busy weekend.

Sherry should be here in the UK now :) hope your warm enough :eek:

Marilyn, good to hear Geoffrey is making progress. Lets hope those crutches are but a memory next week.

We'll just call you 'nurse.' Is the injection in the knee?

The injection is actually in the stomach - and it doesn't hurt me one bit!! It is because he can't tolerate aspirin, so needs injections for 6 weeks to avoid a DVT. It will be fun carrying the injections through airport security!

Hi we made it to Philly and fly out to London in about another hour. Hopefully will be able to sleep as we have a full day tomorrow

Glad to hear you are taking such good care of Geoffrey ...a good wife Marilyn

Must go they are calling us to board....see younexf week

Welcome to the UK Sherry & Ivor! Just a little bit colder than you are used to at home? It will be 43 degrees F when you land - but it will be sunny.......:D

Have a great time!

Edited by Mazzza

The injection is actually in the stomach - and it doesn't hurt me one bit!! It is because he can't tolerate aspirin, so needs injections for 6 weeks to avoid a DVT. It will be fun carrying the injections through airport security!

Marilyn

Put injections in a ziplock bag and carry it seperate when going through the scanners, I do this with my needle's and epipen.

Marilyn

Put injections in a ziplock bag and carry it seperate when going through the scanners, I do this with my needle's and epipen.

Thanks for that, George :)

Just watched Paul Merton on the Allure - and that has definitely reinforced the idea that I do not want to try the Oasis or the Allure..........

Good Morning All: The excitement is building, plan to pack this weekend...

Very, very windy yesterday and this morning...

Joyce, sorry that you are not sleeping well, hope the pain subsides a bit...

Marilyn: Happy to hear Geoffrey is doing well...Can't wait to meet you both...

Sherry: Glad to hear you had a good trip to Philly & by now are enjoying England...

Karen: So nice of you to stop by, continue to enjoy the family...

George: We must have a chat when onboard...

I believe the Pinnacle Pin is like the name tag pin the crew wears, except it has your name and Pinnacle Member on bottom...Super Mario will be on our cruise and I am sure he will be wearing his as will Marianne & Herb (cruisingfool & moonman)...

Looking forward to meeting everyone from this board, as it has been one of the nicest roll calls & I have enjoyed every post...

Everyone have a great day, be back later...