LGBT Liberty of the Seas 10-29-2011 Transatlantic Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale (Pt2)

CC Help Jenn

It finally happened

~~~~

e doc dance!!!!

and we were able to order our luggage tags. And everyone was right, it does feel more real now. I think tomorrow Im going to really begin to pull things to take. Has anyone been following the Barcelona temperatures? We did see Samantha Brown a few days ago from Barcelona. Her one comment that struck home was if in Barcelona in October to be prepared for rain. Rained on her as she looked at Sagrada Familia.

Donna

It finally happened

~~~~

e doc dance!!!!

and we were able to order our luggage tags. And everyone was right, it does feel more real now. I think tomorrow Im going to really begin to pull things to take. Has anyone been following the Barcelona temperatures? We did see Samantha Brown a few days ago from Barcelona. Her one comment that struck home was if in Barcelona in October to be prepared for rain. Rained on her as she looked at Sagrada Familia.

Donna

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe, congrats!

It finally happened

~~~~

e doc dance!!!!

Donna

Whooooo Hoooooo.....and we're DANCIN' with ya!:D:D

Mhairi that will be me! NOT on my knees will be about it (and not just on the Flowrider;)) ok of to the NC :D also don't forget Andy wants video evidence but I'm sure he will settle for photographic LOL

Matthew.....You've got mail....;):)

Joyce, glad you are on the mend. Marylin so sorry about his knee surgery, good news is, I am betting he will be up and mobile pretty quickly. I have not booked shows yet. I usually just see the Ice Show but you all make the others seem quite tempting.

Congrats to those who finally go E docs and it is definitely going to be strange to watch the roll call grind to a halt as folks leave....

I am going to try the flowrider so perhaps a group can go up there and laugh hartily (not to mention take a picture for me). I don't plan on doing the standing, I figure you can only fall so far and hard if laying on the board versus standing, don't want to break the other shoulder.

Held off on getting my euros today as the rate was 1.37 :confused:

Thought with all the stuff with Greece it would be more palatable, going to keep a close watch.

Have a great Thursday all!

Good evening/morning everyone,

We are also doing the e-doc dance, also finally received luggage tags yesterday.:D:D

Gay & Karen, Made our entertainment reservations, if I remember correctly we have the same as yours.

On Friday we found a gourmet walking tour, it is about 2 hours. I think it starts at the Plaza on Las Ramblas and ends at the market. Should be interesting & fun.

I am going to try the flowrider so perhaps a group can go up there and laugh hartily (not to mention take a picture for me). I don't plan on doing the standing, I figure you can only fall so far and hard if laying on the board versus standing, don't want to break the other shoulder.

Held off on getting my euros today as the rate was 1.37 :confused:

Thought with all the stuff with Greece it would be more palatable, going to keep a close watch.

Have a great Thursday all!

Hi Hillary, I'm sure we can get a group session at the flowrider, just have to pick the right time. I did look at the flowrider lessons that you can pre-book online but to be honest I think it's a little expensive and the times are not convenient and they change from day to day.

We are also doing the e-doc dance, also finally received luggage tags yesterday.:D:D

Congrats on doing the e-doc dance and the luggage tags. Now you're all set!

Off to the airport very soon to pick up a friend from Boston who is arriving in from Atlanta :confused: He is air crew so always ends up getting strange routings from the US to Manchester!

Mhairi that will be me! NOT on my knees will be about it (and not just on the Flowrider;)) ok of to the NC :D also don't forget Andy wants video evidence but I'm sure he will settle for photographic LOL

Don't worry about me being there to video you - it's bound to be worth £250 on 'You've been framed'.

My hat off to anyone who tries it, more guts than I've got - I'd be more like the guy in your video, Peter.

I wish I could report that Geoffrey's knee injury was caused by a try out for a Premier League football team or trying to execute a particularly intricate position in the Kama Sutra, but actually all he did was stand up from a very low couch!

Yes George don't rub it in!:D I know you'll enjoy being corralled into the pen in the middle of the theatre whilst we mere mortals shuffle on by to the seats across the aisle!:D

Peter I am not rubbing anything in but merely letting guys who have never been on the bigger ships know that there are some benefits not available on the smaller ships, would hate you to think me being a pompous ass

I wish I could report that Geoffrey's knee injury was caused by a try out for a Premier League football team or trying to execute a particularly intricate position in the Kama Sutra, but actually all he did was stand up from a very low couch!
Hope all goes well for Geoffrey tomorrow. It's surprising how things seem to go 'ping' so easily when we get older isn't it?

Peter I am not rubbing anything in but merely letting guys who have never been on the bigger ships know that there are some benefits not available on the smaller ships, would hate you to think me being a pompous ass
Hi George, that's the problem with electronic communications, intonation cannot be easily expressed, and so sometime things come over differently than intended and people get the wrong impression. :D I appreciate what your intention was with the information.

And such a petite one at that :D

OK a NC story

An elderly man is on his death bed and although he can feel the end is near, he smells a lovely aroma and realises his loving wife of 60 years is baking his favourite cakes. He finds the strength to drag his knackered body to the kitchen, and as his frail withered hand reaches up to the table, he suddenly feels the whack of a wooden spoon as his wife shouts..... F*** OFF THEY'RE FOR THE FUNERAL!!!

:D

The market in Barcelona.

Now I do have to find a place to get paella.

Awesome pics!! I'm such a foodie, and love looking at the pics as much as eating all the goodies! BTW, I can't wait to eat the paella in Spain either!!! On the top of my list in fact....:D

Gay & Karen, Made our entertainment reservations, if I remember correctly we have the same as yours.

On Friday we found a gourmet walking tour, it is about 2 hours. I think it starts at the Plaza on Las Ramblas and ends at the market. Should be interesting & fun.

Whoo Hooooo!! And dancin' with you!!!

Hi Hillary, I'm sure we can get a group session at the flowrider, just have to pick the right time. I did look at the flowrider lessons that you can pre-book online but to be honest I think it's a little expensive and the times are not convenient and they change from day to day.

Congrats on doing the e-doc dance and the luggage tags. Now you're all set!

Off to the airport very soon to pick up a friend from Boston who is arriving in from Atlanta :confused: He is air crew so always ends up getting strange routings from the US to Manchester!

There is no way I could get this klutzy body on a flowrider, but I'll be happy to watch all of you! I don't think the ship's doctor has enough plaster on board to cover all the broken bones I would incur!:(

Morning/Afternoon to my fellow cruisers.

BARB - DONNA congratulations on getting your E.DOCS. it makes it that much more real when you get the luggage tags especially.

I think they put the flowrider on the ships just to keep the Doctors busy :D I love to watch but at my age it would be suicide to attempt it LOL :eek:

PETE hope your friend arrived safe, what plans do you have for him while his is with you. Is it just a short trip ?

GEORGE no one on this RC is a Pompous Ass not possible with this group :) Loved the joke, keep them coming it's great to start my day with a laugh.

MARILYN hope Geoffrey will be okay it must be a worry and so close to the cruise too....wish him well from us

Edited by sebritish

PETE hope your friend arrived safe, what plans do you have for him while his is with you. Is it just a short trip ?

He arrrived fine this morning Sherry thanks for asking. Although Manchester airport is a zoo early morning as most long haul flights arrive very close to each other, those from Singapore, Thailand, Dubai, and then the several destinations in the US arriving all within possibly 1 hour! You have to pay to pick up passengers now, you cannot stop by the curb and it costs $3.50 for 30 minutes! The machine even kept some of my money because it didn't have sufficient change in the machine!

I dropped him at his Aunt's place where he is staying and that's the reason he's over to celebrate her 80th birthday. Anyway, we'll try and catch up on Sunday as he's taking the opportunity to visit as many people as possible in the 4 days he's here.

Karen, Im finding that Barcelona is more known for fideau rather than paella, though you can find paella. Fideau is made the same way with most of the same ingredients but uses vermicilli noodles instead of rice. Im still looking for a place. Ive never tried or heard of it before. There is a restaurant on the block with our apartment that serves both dishes but it gets mixed reviews. Sometimes though close is good at the end of a busy day.

Did some 'finding of things' today for the trip. Funny how hose gets buried in drawers when what I wear mostly now that Im retired is socks.

Donna