Best non-greasy sunblock?

I exercise outdoors and use sunblock almost every day of my life but I am so over the greasy, hard to remove sunblocks. A fews years back, I remember using a friend's sunblock and it went on dry and felt much better on my skin. I don't remember the brand.

Any suggestions for a SPF35 or above non-greasy sunblock? I'd also like it to be environmentally friendly though I have that kind of sunblock for use in special circumstances such as in the water, etc.

Thanks!

^ Yes, I agree. The Neutrogena Ultra Sheer is lovely; I find it to be a little expensive but if you can get it on sale, so much the better. :)

I also like Coppertone Oil Free SPF 50. It does the job and doesn't smell like so many sunscreens do. It's labelled "fragrance free" but we all know there is always some sort of faint scent. We have used it the past few cruises and it was great.

My problem is that most sunscreens that don't feel greasy going on - are not sweat or water resistant. I like the neutrogena and Aveeno but if I'm out working in my garden (or on a cruise by the pool....) they're not going to last long. So we typically use banana boat sport - sweat resistant - for vacations and yard work. I keep the neutrogena & aveeno for daily use - commuting to work normally doesn't make me sweat as much:p

You really don't need anything about 45 SPF...you just need to re-apply every 2 hours, even if it says "waterproof"....Above 45 SPF is a waste of money...the protection factor isn't great with higher SPF's to make any difference. Also, try to find something that protects from both UVA AND UVB rays!

I exercise outdoors and use sunblock almost every day of my life but I am so over the greasy, hard to remove sunblocks. A fews years back, I remember using a friend's sunblock and it went on dry and felt much better on my skin. I don't remember the brand.

Any suggestions for a SPF35 or above non-greasy sunblock? I'd also like it to be environmentally friendly though I have that kind of sunblock for use in special circumstances such as in the water, etc.

Thanks!

Coppertone Sport: http://www.coppertone.com/coppertone/products/SPORT/CoppertoneSPORTLotionSPF30Sunscreen.jspa

Been using it for years. Love the stuff.

Guest maddycat
It really just depends on the person, obviously, but I really like Neutrogena's Ultra Sheer Sunblocks. They work well for me, go on smooth, but feel dry/non-greasy.

http://www.neutrogena.com/category/sun/lotion.do?nType=2

I also use the Neutrogena sunblocks. I use the Pure & Free Liquid Daily Sunblock SPF 50 for my face and the Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 70 for the rest of my body. They're both non greasy and work really well.

I also have used Coppertone Sport for the family. It's the only thing that doesn't seem to sting our eyes if we happen to wipe our eyes by mistake. Even though it's waterproof, reapply often.

Personally, for the environmentally friendly question for use around reefs when snorkeling, we use Mexitan products. In fact, I used both the SPF 30 and 15 on our cruise and never burned at all. Got a really nice tan. My son, who has vitiligo, used the SPF 30 (I think they make higher, too) and his white spots never turned red for once.

I haven't used them yet, but I was considering buying them for the convenience. SunX sunscreen towelettes (will probably have to order online from Amazon). The reviews and info I have read said they were originally made/marketed to people with outdoor jobs like linemen etc. I love the towelette idea for applying to a squirmy little one too.

Archived