Coffee!!

Holey

Just discovered the collapsible filter cone at LL Bean --yeah!!! Anyone had any experience with using the room service hot water with a filter cone? Is it delivered in an insulated carafe.

The hot water is in a stainless steel carafe and not hot enough for me. That's why I travel with my own coffeemaker.

If you have one close by, I found some of these recently in Tuesday Morning at a significant discount. They are great for hotel rooms.:)

Yes, I have seen them at Tuesday Morning as well.....

Has anyone tried it?

I just wonder if all it would take is to use one of those little immersion heaters in the carafe to warm it a little more. Trying to avoid lugging a water heater with me....

Immersion heaters are a big no no. Please read Princess rules about appliances that have no automatic shutoffs.

I am one of those who regularly buys a cup of coffee in the morning. On my last cruise I found that buying a coffee card was a great investment -- allowed me to get brewed coffee whenever and to indulge in espresso drinks when I had the urge. I used about half the card's punches so I'll enjoy it on the next cruise.

Does a Princess coffee travel mug still come with the coffee card? I read that there is a coupon for a mug.

I agree....Princess coffee is awful. It leaves a horrible after taste for the rest of the day. I am going to invest in the coffee card.

I also read on another thread that the leftover punches will not be honored on your next cruise.

I brought a small mug style coffee to go maker on a cruise and it was a disaster. The ship was tilted a bit and the water went all over the desk table. Bringing a machine is just too much of a hassle.

HI, I am new to this board and planning an Alaskan cruise tour next summer. My TA told me that there are coffee pots in the rooms..can anyone verify this?

Seriously time to get a new TA. Really. :eek:

Can you take your own thermal mug to get brewed coffee there or do you have to use their coffee cups?

Do bring your thermal mug, but for sanitation reasons they MIGHT only fill their own cups. Take coffee, smile, walk away, and then pour it into your cup. ;)

I also read on another thread that the leftover punches will not be honored on your next cruise.

If that is true that is news to me. The card I got is like a playing card and it says "Jack of Java" with a corny picture on it and punch dots to punch and does not specify what cruise you're on so I'm not sure how they would know not to honor it. If it's no longer valid I won't lose any sleep over it. :)

Does a Princess coffee travel mug still come with the coffee card? I read that there is a coupon for a mug.

Hi, just off the Sapphire Princess on Sunday.

I bought the coffee card on embarkation day as I headed into Horizon, and they sent me back to my room for the coupon for the nice travel mug. I used it the morning of Tracy Arms cruising (carried it on the catamaran tour) and it kept the coffee hot for hours. Yum! When they sold me the card, they also confirmed that I could carry the card to my next Princess cruise if it was not used up. Also at dinner the first night, our waiter asked if anyone had purchased the coffee card, and needed the travel mug. I used the card most of the time at the coffee bar on deck 5. Never a wait, always good brewed coffee delivered with a smile.

So good news for all of us java lovers....Enjoy.....

Hi, just off the Sapphire Princess on Sunday.

they also confirmed that I could carry the card to my next Princess cruise if it was not used up.

Thank you for confirming that the other poster was misinformed, as I suspected.

Seriously time to get a new TA. Really. :eek:

Do bring your thermal mug, but for sanitation reasons they MIGHT only fill their own cups. Take coffee, smile, walk away, and then pour it into your cup. ;)

LOL

Good idea!

Hi,

everyone who has travelled with Princess says the coffee is lousy.. We are travelling from London England to Florida. Can anyone tell me if we can bring a sealed pack of coffee over and do we have to declare it?

I would declare it on my list but there won't be a problem bringing into the country since it is not meat or poultry. If traveling internationally you learn to declare everything. Once I had a bag of foreign candies and was scolded by the custom officer for not listing them. "It's food," he said.

Actually, I was also advised via email from Princess within the past week that coffee cards are only good for the cruise on which purchased... however, for the cost of the card, I'll take my chances!

Absolutely impossible at the present time without any ship name or date on it. Unless they are starting to issue different cards, there is no way to differentiate when/where they were bought.

Absolutely impossible at the present time without any ship name or date on it. Unless they are starting to issue different cards, there is no way to differentiate when/where they were bought.

This is true,,,, we have used cards on many different cruises. NEVER had any issues.

Actually, I was also advised via email from Princess within the past week that coffee cards are only good for the cruise on which purchased... however, for the cost of the card, I'll take my chances!

Can you please forward that email to us, as this is different from my recent experience aboard the Sapphire, where I was told when I purchased the card that it was good on later cruises and the card does not indicate in any way which cruise it applies to. Thanks.

Archived