Self leveling pool tables -Serenade of the Seas

There is no fee. The equipment will either be by the tables or stored at the Schooner Bar. It can definitely be busy and sometimes the self-leveling tables are broken.

I see by your signature you have never sailed the Serenade so how can you say the tables may be broken, I sailed on her 3 times and the tables were always operable.

A couple of years ago on Serenade, you had to give you SeaPass card to the bartender to get the billiard balls. On Radiance last December, the billiard balls were always available next to the pool tables.

I can't speak to the reliability of the tables on Serenade, but on Radiance we had to have a technician come up and fix one of the tables that was stuck at an angle.

These tables are one case where you may want to wish for rough seas (for a short time!). Just to watch them. Even though they stay level it "looks" like they are wobbling all over the place. Despite confirmation from the inner ear the eyes want to believe that you (and the walls) not the ones tilting.

These tables are one case where you may want to wish for rough seas (for a short time!). Just to watch them. Even though they stay level it "looks" like they are wobbling all over the place. Despite confirmation from the inner ear the eyes want to believe that you (and the walls) not the ones tilting.

I saw a photo someone posted where the photographer had set his camera on the table with the cue ball in focus (on a day when the ship was moving a bit) and he left the lens open for a couple of seconds so the ball was in focus and the background was blurry because of the movement of the table.

There is no fee. The equipment will either be by the tables or stored at the Schooner Bar. It can definitely be busy and sometimes the self-leveling tables are broken.

That has not been my experience with them on Serenade.

I have seen them "broke" until the jewelry seminars were done.

Then the were amazingly unbroke, only problem was after the jewelry seminar I was broke.:eek:

Good thing there was no charge for using the pool tables.:)

That has not been my experience with them on Serenade.

We haven't sailed on Serenade as yet, but they always have worked when we have sailed on Brilliance, Radiance and Jewel, so I would be very surprised if there was a problem on Serenade on any kind of regular basis. :)

If the pool tables are no longer leveling themselves, you can easily reset them. Follow the instructions on the screen on the short side of the pool table. If it asks you to press a "reset" button, all that means is you just hold both buttons down for a few seconds. We did this on the pool tables on the Radiance and it worked perfectly.

Often the reason they stop working is that there's a miniscule "stop" button on the side, and you might bump it while you're trying to make a corner shot across the table. Other than that, they're usually very reliable.

We just got off the Serenade yesterday and for the past 7 days, they were never broken when I was walking to the Safari club or just to relax by the piano or for trivia at the piano. If they were broken, I never saw them. They were always being used.

• 2 years later...