Crowne Plaza and How far is Holiday inn 57th Street from cruise terminal

Broch

Not sure if this is the correct forum but I will be arriving a couple of nights before our cruise sailing from New York and not having visited New York before I was wondering how far these hotels were from the port and if anybody had any comments to make about these hotels or any other hotels in the port Manhattan area that could be recommended. Thanks for any help as I am taking our 5 Grandchildren & their parents with us and require a balance between cost and Quality i.e. Value for money

The port is in Bayonne, New Jersey and not in Manhattan.

To get from one to the other requires crossing the Hudson and then driving down the ten or fifteen miles to the port through a heavily congested area.

My best advice would be, if you're planning a pre-cruise city vacation, to plan them as two separate things. Plan the city vacation and then plan a stay in a hotel near the port.

The port is in Bayonne, New Jersey and not in Manhattan.

To get from one to the other requires crossing the Hudson and then driving down the ten or fifteen miles to the port through a heavily congested area.

My best advice would be, if you're planning a pre-cruise city vacation, to plan them as two separate things. Plan the city vacation and then plan a stay in a hotel near the port.

are you sailing from new york or bayonne? if ny either hotel is fine. they are fairly close to the port but I would not reccommend walking, you would need a taxi or car service. if you are leaving from bayonne, i suggest staying in NJ. the hotels will be much cheaper.

are you sailing from new york or bayonne? if ny either hotel is fine. they are fairly close to the port but I would not reccommend walking, you would need a taxi or car service. if you are leaving from bayonne, i suggest staying in NJ. the hotels will be much cheaper.

Definitely Manhattan we are leaving from. Itinerary says embark from New York NY. Thanks

Definitely Manhattan we are leaving from. Itinerary says embark from New York NY. Thanks

I think with everyone noticing almost all your prior cruises were on Royal Caribbean, with one on Princess, without your having named your upcoming cruise ship there's concern about where it berths, because there are three separate cruise ports in the NY area...and neither Royal Caribbean (Bayonne) nor Princess (Brooklyn) leave from Manhattan. Somehow I can envision any of the three being listed as New York, New York on an itinerary. For example, as I'm sure you know, ships that list Florence, Italy on their itineraries actually dock at Livorno.

Just to be on the safe side, it would probably be best to identify your ship.

I think with everyone noticing almost all your prior cruises were on Royal Caribbean, with one on Princess, without your having named your upcoming cruise ship there's concern about where it berths, because there are three separate cruise ports in the NY area...and neither Royal Caribbean (Bayonne) nor Princess (Brooklyn) leave from Manhattan. Somehow I can envision any of the three being listed as New York, New York on an itinerary. For example, as I'm sure you know, ships that list Florence, Italy on their itineraries actually dock at Livorno.

Just to be on the safe side, it would probably be best to identify your ship.

Sorry for the confusion. I have made duplicated posts in error trying to edit a previous post and just made a mess of things. It is Disney cruise line on the magic we are going on, this is the first time I think that they have sailed from New York We have had many discussions on the RCI boards and been happy with the response that I posted on this board as well as Dusney board because I was not getting much response there

The Holiday Inn 57th Street is very close to the Manhattan pier. Many of the Cruiselines use them for their transfer hotels. People have posted that they were happy with it. But if you want to sight see with the grandkids maybe you want to stay closer to Times Square, it is easier to walk everywhere from that area.

Sorry for the confusion. I have made duplicated posts in error trying to edit a previous post and just made a mess of things. It is Disney cruise line on the magic we are going on, this is the first time I think that they have sailed from New York We have had many discussions on the RCI boards and been happy with the response that I posted on this board as well as Dusney board because I was not getting much response there

Yes, Disney will be using the Manhattan cruise terminal.

The Holiday Inn 57th Street is very close to the Manhattan pier. Many of the Cruiselines use them for their transfer hotels. People have posted that they were happy with it. But if you want to sight see with the grandkids maybe you want to stay closer to Times Square, it is easier to walk everywhere from that area.

How far is the Holiday Inn 57th Street from the pier that the Carnival Glory docks at? We are sailing on her next fall and will need a hotel to stay at the night prior. No sight seeing this time as we have been there, done that with New York...lol

How far is the Holiday Inn 57th Street from the pier that the Carnival Glory docks at? We are sailing on her next fall and will need a hotel to stay at the night prior. No sight seeing this time as we have been there, done that with New York...lol

the glory docks at the same pier as the norwegian gem and disney magic. that said it is pretty close.

The Holiday Inn 57th Street is very close to the Manhattan pier. Many of the Cruiselines use them for their transfer hotels. People have posted that they were happy with it. But if you want to sight see with the grandkids maybe you want to stay closer to Times Square, it is easier to walk everywhere from that area.[/quote]

The title of the question should have read "How far is the Crowne Plaza and the Holiday Inn from Manhattan cruise terminal" but I made a mess of the typing as you can see. When trying to edit it, I found that I couldn't so I tried to resend the message. However that said I thought that by the hotel location description it looked as though the Holiday Inn was near Times Square. Can anyone suggest other hotels in the Times square area that would suit us. Is the Crowne Plaza in a more central area not far from the cruise terminal as i don't want to go far on the morning of the cruise departure.

Is the Crowne Plaza in a more central area not far from the cruise terminal as i don't want to go far on the morning of the cruise departure.

Manhattan is a very narrow island (2 1/2 miles at it's widest point on 14th Street). The Crowne Plaza is only about 5 (though long) blocks from the Manhattan piers, and a very short cab ride. And while there's nothing really wrong with the Holiday Inn on 57th, the Crowne Plaza is a much nicer place.

There are so many nice hotels in Times Square area. I don't know your budget, but two that several have had favorable reviews are The Doubletree Suites, and the Marriott Marquis. Both are in the heart of Times Square, and all of the action is right at your door. The Holiday Inn, you can still walk to Times Square but it is maybe 1/2 a mile.

The Holiday Inn 57th Street is very close to the Manhattan pier. Many of the Cruiselines use them for their transfer hotels. People have posted that they were happy with it. But if you want to sight see with the grandkids maybe you want to stay closer to Times Square, it is easier to walk everywhere from that area.[/quote]

The title of the question should have read "How far is the Crowne Plaza and the Holiday Inn from Manhattan cruise terminal" but I made a mess of the typing as you can see. When trying to edit it, I found that I couldn't so I tried to resend the message. However that said I thought that by the hotel location description it looked as though the Holiday Inn was near Times Square. Can anyone suggest other hotels in the Times square area that would suit us. Is the Crowne Plaza in a more central area not far from the cruise terminal as i don't want to go far on the morning of the cruise departure.

Five minutes by cab, you probably could walk it if you wanted to.

There have been major bedbug infestations there .

Prior to booking any Manhattan hotel its imperative that you check the National Bedbug Registry .

CC cruisers on our cruise 2 weeks ago stayed at a hotel on 6th.Ave (Ave.Of The Americas) and W.51 St.They were very happy with their choice .

There have been major bedbug infestations there .

Prior to booking any Manhattan hotel its imperative that you check the National Bedbug Registry .

CC cruisers on our cruise 2 weeks ago stayed at a hotel on 6th.Ave (Ave.Of The Americas) and W.51 St.They were very happy with their choice .

Not something you want to hear. I take it you are serious as I have not read of this before. Can you tell me the name of the hotel on 6th.Ave (Ave.Of The Americas) and W.51 St. Thanks. I am turning my attention to the Intercontinentals on fifth ave and Times square and the Marriott on times square as well as the Crown plaza. Reviews on Trip advisor are quite good re Inter hotels with the exception of the small bathrooms

Archived