Bed bugs

mrchirpy

With the outbreak of bed bugs in many hotels, have there been any reports of them on the Carribbean Princess?

i don't think there have been many reports of bed bugs on any line. At least not ones that could be documented. Occassionally you will see someone mention them, but it could have been sand fleas or a number of things. The outbreak in hotels have been happening for the last 2 or 3 years. Let's hope this doesn't spread to ships.

Nita

I've never experienced bed bugs nor do I know of anyone who has while on a ship. Sometimes people report having bed bugs but at least some of the time, they were at a beach somewhere and were bitten by sand fleas or whatever. Just because someone "reports" it doesn't mean it's fact.

I have never experienced bed bugs on a Princess ship. Many passengers go to the beach and get sand flea bites and just assume it is bed bugs, but find out later it was the beach and the sand that caused a few bites on their feet and ankles. ;)

I have read "reports" of bed bugs in hotel rooms. I know of one instance when the complaint was checked out, no bed bugs were found. But the trip report lives on... I think it has become fashionable to complain of this in order to a. get a refund and/or b. make trouble.

The cruise lines don't report incidents though I am sure they happen. The metallic structure of the ship, high humidity and other factors will help to keep any outbreaks in check.

Loonbeam, Hi: Hopefully our ship is "bed bug free"! Any additional folks on this roll call?:confused: Are you still planning on going forward with the few we have? I thought there was a minimum of 25 people needed to have a "real M&G.

Thanks...

The cruise lines don't report incidents though I am sure they happen. The metallic structure of the ship, high humidity and other factors will help to keep any outbreaks in check.

of course the cruise lines are not going to report them, but the cruisers, normally waste no time letting everyone know. If there was an outbreak we would all know about it.

Nita

Archived