MDR Questions

geh001

Hello,

My large extended family (30) will be cruising soon with carnival and I was wondering how the seating will be arranged in the main dining room.

My TA booked us as a group so our tables should be close togather. Do they prefer that we sit at the same table for all nights or can we just switch up and decided each night who we want to sit with? If we have to keep our same table/seats can I submit a seating chart to carinval and if so how? Thanks

It doesn't matter where you sit because there is no bill at the end of the meal; the wait team is not keeping track of where you sit becasue it isn't necessary. If you or someone in your party wants a bar beverage, you will pay with your card and it simply doens't matter who sits where, as long as your "extras" are paid for.

Have fun. :)

Hello,

My large extended family (30) will be cruising soon with carnival and I was wondering how the seating will be arranged in the main dining room.

My TA booked us as a group so our tables should be close togather. Do they prefer that we sit at the same table for all nights or can we just switch up and decided each night who we want to sit with? If we have to keep our same table/seats can I submit a seating chart to carinval and if so how? Thanks

We had a large group, two ten top tables.

We switched it up, you can sit anywhere without problem.

Switching will not be a problem but getting the tables together may be. Make sure your TA has it on your file and cross referenced if there is more than one booking involved. Then once on board asap go to the maitre d'it and see what they have for you and determine if OK or you need a change.

For our group of 24, we had 2 tables for 12 right next to each other. The TA set it all up. We just told her who wanted to be seated together.

Another time we had 23 people and had 3 smaller tables all next to each other...again she asked us who wanted to sit with who.

Talk with your TA and it should be all set up for you.

"Ditto" to the other posts. In May we had maybe 4 tables for a wedding party. All of the tables were near each other and most tables were for 8, 1 might have been 10. I didn't know most of the people but it appeared that everything was set up how the brides wanted it. They were with their families and it seemed like some of the tables had people who already knew each other. I suspect the TA set it up. However I remember one night only a handful of us went to dinner and we all combined together to make 1 table. Nobody cared.

It doesn't matter where you sit because there is no bill at the end of the meal; the wait team is not keeping track of where you sit becasue it isn't necessary. If you or someone in your party wants a bar beverage, you will pay with your card and it simply doens't matter who sits where, as long as your "extras" are paid for.

Have fun. :)

The only negative I can see, IMHO, is that by keeping the same seats every night, your wait staff will get to know you and your preferences. This is not a biggee and I understand the need to switch seats.

John

The only negative I can see, IMHO, is that by keeping the same seats every night, your wait staff will get to know you and your preferences. This is not a biggee and I understand the need to switch seats.

John

Same here..I love that the waiter knows my preferences each night. It's a small thing but I think I would notice it :(. We had a group of 27 and the tables were 3 that were next to each other. Our TA set the whole thing up but I would never want to do a seating chart :eek:. We just went to the table we were assigned and chose a seat.

Archived