How to get from London City to Heathrow?

Please to assit, I can use my ff mile on British Air, if I can get from London City to Heathrow. Question? train, underground or the like? Amount of time and apx. cost? Also they have a flight to the other airport near Dover? Again, time, cost? Thank you this info will be most helpful. I have a lot of ff, in need to use them.

Train click link BAA Heathrow: Getting to and from Heathrow | Transport and directions to Heathrow Airport, London (LHR)

I stayed at airport hotel for a weekend and it was so simple - wheel trolley from baggage carousel into hotel room and then use train to London..........

and Train also for Gatwick

Gatwick Airport Car Parking and Transport

Please to assit, I can use my ff mile on British Air, if I can get from London City to Heathrow. Question? train, underground or the like? Amount of time and apx. cost? Also they have a flight to the other airport near Dover? Again, time, cost? Thank you this info will be most helpful. I have a lot of ff, in need to use them.

LCY/London City is east of central London, LHR is west of central London. It's a long haul, probably 2hrs by almost any means; an annoying transfer

Where are you starting, where are you trying to get to; and we could provide more suggestions

After looking at the infomation from the sites posted, I will not be using my ff British Air miles. The only flights that they would give me would be from one of the other airports. Not really that user friendly. Thanks to everyone for the help.

Using the Transport for London website ( www.tfl.gov.uk ) I put in that you can't use stairs or escalators (to make luggage handling easier). Refer to a tube map http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/standard-tube-map.pdf . London City Airport is way over to the right on the DLR (Docklands Light Railway). Take the DLR to Canning Town. Transfer to Jubilee Line to Green Park. Transfer to Piccadilly line to Heathrow (all terminals have a station). You have to use lifts at all changes and as long as they are working (!), you should have no problems. Its shown as being a 1hr 44min trip, but might be a bit quicker. Basic fare (with no concessions) is £5.

Simon

• 4 weeks later...
Take the DLR to Canning Town. Transfer to Jubilee Line to Green Park. Transfer to Piccadilly line to Heathrow (all terminals have a station). You have to use lifts at all changes and as long as they are working (!), you should have no problems. Its shown as being a 1hr 44min trip, but might be a bit quicker.
An alternative is to get off the Jubilee Line at Westminster and change to the District Line (this can be done using lifts). Change again to the Piccadilly Line at Barons Court (an easy cross-platform change).

This avoids the very irritating change at Green Park.

In either case, 1¾ hrs sounds about right.

Archived