M & G Name Badges

rikatine

you might need a photo editing program like Photoshop

Sure, that would work, but way overkill.

Any editing program from text edit, to word to even excel will work just fine. Powerpoint if you have it. You must have some type of program on your MAC already that would work.

Using MS Word software, use the Labels function (Tools / Evelopes and Labels). Create a "new" document using this function and manually copy and paste the desired image into each cell of the table. If you use name tag label paper, the package will have a number that can be input into the Labels function to set up the correct layout.

AFter the image is inserted, you can type in the variable text that you want. It is easiest to start the text below the image on the label...it is possible to get the text to align even and to the right of the image, but that is an advance technique beyond the scope of this post.

Here is an image file that you might want to use.

CruiseCritic.jpg.1c95ec5873e5de17d9cead315f4e6357.jpg

I could save the attached file in whatever file MS Word 2010 for PCs can save in that would be compatible on your mac and CC allows since I couldn't upload the original docx file and had to convert it to a pdf. (Talk about a run-on sentence!)

CCnameTags.pdf

Edited by peg013

Those are cute Peg!

Thank You!

thank you peg

im gonna print them up if my cruise ever gets here :)

Your welcome! I used to print these out and then re-print to put the names onto them, but too many get wasted that way and as long as you bring along some sharpies, each person can print their CC and real name on them when they arrive at the M&G.

Thank You!

Your welcome! I used to print these out and then re-print to put the names onto them, but too many get wasted that way and as long as you bring along some sharpies, each person can print their CC and real name on them when they arrive at the M&G.

Very cute, Peg, and that's a good idea - not everyone wants to give their real names ahead of time so I like the idea of having them write it on themselves. Can you email me a Word version, please? :)

Very cute, Peg, and that's a good idea - not everyone wants to give their real names ahead of time so I like the idea of having them write it on themselves. Can you email me a Word version, please? :)

Will do! Which version? .docx or what? I have Word 2010

Edited by peg013

MAC spoken here!(taught Mac repair in the NYC public schools(14 of 26 yrs teaching) + 6.5 yrs wking for the Mothership part time and 2 more for TEKserve(ny's little mac shop!)

I can see if I can Import that file into "Print Explosion" and then save it back out to whatever you needed, but a simpler way would be to make it a Tiff file(Low Resc) in GRAPHIC Converter and then save it back to whatever txt editor you prefer.

Bill(DrFootball) (I should also be "Dr. Macintosh-But Bob LeVitus already has that Title! 7 dead old macs in Storage closet!, Running 2008 20" 2.66Ghz Quad Core iMac w LION, 2007 Black Macbook W/Henge Dock & 20" Viewsonic flat(Snow Lep.), 2006 12" iBook G4 1.33Ghz(Tiger), Apple TV 2011, and a whole other bunch of stuff that should be worth 10 Xtra Shares of APPL stock on top of what i already own:--)

("you can Have my MAC when you pry it from my cold dead hands")

Bill's Brainiac Random Quote Generator V0.94 final beta for Mac

Great Topic! :D

I've seen just about everything used at a M & G...from a "Hello, My Name is _____" sticker and a Sharpie to a fully laminated nametag that also served as a cruise souvenier.

I really liked the nametags we had for the M & G onboard the Epic last year. This is the front of the nametag:

EpicFront.jpg

and this was the back of the nametag:

EpicBack.jpg

That nametag was probably one of my favorites....

I've seen just about everything used at a M & G...from a "Hello, My Name is _____" sticker and a Sharpie to a fully laminated nametag that also served as a cruise souvenier.

I really liked the nametags we had for the M & G onboard the Epic last year.

That is an awesome keepsake! :)

Edited by peg013

I really liked the nametags we had for the M & G onboard the Epic last year. This is the front of the nametag:

EpicFront.jpg

and this was the back of the nametag:

EpicBack.jpg

So did you make these? What was used to display them? Were they on a Lanyard? How big were they? Do you have a pic of it? I would like to do something like this in the future but need more details... :) Kudos to whoever did them did a great job.

Edited by cruiseat50

Very nice!!!! Did everyone's have their own avatar? I can see where that would be helpful in identifying people as well as a nice way to personalize.

Edited by Mooder

Thanks everyone for the help. I have been experimenting with Word, boy is it time consuming. Kudos to those who volunteer to bring name tags to the M&G. Especially for a large number of people.

My goal now is to print out stick on name tags with the Cruise Critic name and a place for people to write their screen name and real name, when they arrive. I have to get to the store to buy the labels, and I know when I get there I will be in the store forever trying to decide which ones to buy. Ugh!

Love the tags that were posted here. After playing around on the computer, I appreciate how much work those must have been. So nice. My roll call has a good turn out, but it is on the quiet side, so since I have organized the M&G, I don't want to have to ask someone else to volunteer for this job.

Thanks again for the help! Wish we could have a sticky for name tags on the NCL board with a logo, and a cute saying llike Cruise Critic loves NCL.

Edited by rikatine

You really don't need to spend too much time on this. Despite your best efforts, most people won't care about a fancy nametag. At all of our Meet and Greets, NCL has provided blank name tags for folks to make their own. It's one less thing to worry about.

Thanks everyone for the help. I have been experimenting with Word, boy is it time consuming. Kudos to those who volunteer to bring name tags to the M&G. Especially for a large number of people.

My goal now is to print out stick on name tags with the Cruise Critic name and a place for people to write their screen name and real name, when they arrive. I have to get to the store to buy the labels, and I know when I get there I will be in the store forever trying to decide which ones to buy. Ugh!

Love the tags that were posted here. After playing around on the computer, I appreciate how much work those must have been. So nice. My roll call has a good turn out, but it is on the quiet side, so since I have organized the M&G, I don't want to have to ask someone else to volunteer for this job.

Thanks again for the help! Wish we could have a sticky for name tags on the NCL board with a logo, and a cute saying llike Cruise Critic loves NCL.

Could you open the ones I attached to post #5? :confused: I could email you them in a word file if you tell me if word for mac and word for PC's use the same file extensions...or what extensions mac can open.

Could you open the ones I attached to post #5? :confused: I could email you them in a word file if you tell me if word for mac and word for PC's use the same file extensions...or what extensions mac can open.

Yes, thank you, I am able to open them. Hoping the labels I buy will line up with them. Did you use stick on labels?

You really don't need to spend too much time on this. Despite your best efforts, most people won't care about a fancy nametag. At all of our Meet and Greets, NCL has provided blank name tags for folks to make their own. It's one less thing to worry about.

I brought along post-it notes and a pen. No need to obsess over these things is my motto. It worked fine. I prescribe to the KISS method of doing things. (Keep It Simple Stupid:D;))

Thanks, will keep it simple.