Azamara Quest on the Travel Channel

uktog

For those in the UK (not sure if others can pick up the UK Travel Channel) excellent one hour documentary by Cheryl Baker on Azamara in the South China Sea - really captured what its like on board and the flavour of the ports of call. Any sceptics, the food that was served to Cheryl, the quieter decks, the bars etc are all exactly as we remember it, nothing looked staged for TV

It looks like it is being repeated quite a bit so if you are wondering whether to book Azamara or the South China see cruise try and get a chance to look at this

Boo hoo, I can't get the Travel Channel even after spending three hours last night on the roof moving the aerial around. Oh well:(

Phil

Phil - have you tried two tin cans and some wet string :)

Sounds as good as my Orange phone (not)

Sure wish we could get that show here in the US

Hi Celebritydave !

I've emailed Travel Channel, asking them if they plan to air the program in the US. If I hear anything, I will post it here.

I really enjoyed the program...great seeing crew members we knew being interviewed....particularly the lovely Sarah-Lou from the Entertainment staff.

Quest looked wonderful too....I am even more determined to book an Asia cruise for next year now. So it's a good marketing strategy for Azamara....as well as an interesting TV program. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Andy: Wondering if you received any info from the Travel Channel if the Azamara episode will be shown in the states?

Hi Shoesonfire,

I emailed them 3 times, and they never responded. Very disappointing, but I'm not expecting an answer from Travel Channel at this point.

It is still on my "to-do" list, and I'm trying to approach it another way. If I hear anything, I will post it here.

Hi Shoesonfire,

I emailed them 3 times, and they never responded. Very disappointing, but I'm not expecting an answer from Travel Channel at this point.

It is still on my "to-do" list, and I'm trying to approach it another way. If I hear anything, I will post it here.

Thanks for your persistence. You're a wonderful host.

• 2 months later...

I contacted Azamara which gave me the following link to view the video on a computer:

http://www.travelchannel.co.uk/tradevod. You must enter southchina for both the Username and Password.

My husband and I watched it. The video is 47 minutes long and puts more emphasis on the ports than the ship itself. But it still brought back some wonderful memories of our most enjoyable cruise. We hope you will enjoy it too.

I contacted Azamara which gave me the following link to view the video on a computer:

http://www.travelchannel.co.uk/tradevod. You must enter southchina for both the Username and Password.

My husband and I watched it. The video is 47 minutes long and puts more emphasis on the ports than the ship itself. But it still brought back some wonderful memories of our most enjoyable cruise. We hope you will enjoy it too.

Thank you so much! I'll be sailing that itinerary on the Quest, with a few other ports thrown in, this winter.

I'll probably watch this more than once. :D

Just like to thank you also for posting the above as it brings back a lot of memories from our cruise that we did in Asia Feb 2010 on the Quest

Almost makes you want to do it again!!

Thank you so much for posting this link - have thoroughly enjoyed watching. Lovely to see the Quest on which we will be sailing in March from Hong Kong. The ports will be different but it brought back memories of the places we have already been too.

Hello Takapuna Grammer Girl,

Thank You for posting the link. When we first heard about this program from our UK Cruise Critic Members, I tried my very best to obtain access for our US Members, via Azamara and the Travel Channel - both of which did not provide a link to view the program. It's great that you were able to put this issue to rest.

I had the opportunity to view the program yesterday. It was outstanding. The photography was brilliant, and host Cheryl Baker was excellent. My only minor quibble, is that I wished it featured Quest a bit more, but that's the Cruise Ship lover in me ! While I'd love to visit the region someday, it's probably off in the distant future. Cruising the South China Sea, definitely moved it up several notches on my bucket list :)

Bravo to everyone involved at Travel Channel & Azamara for this program. If Travel Channel reads this... Please arrange to air this highly recommended program in the US. Thank You !

I had the opportunity to view the program yesterday. It was outstanding. If Travel Channel reads this... Please arrange to air this highly recommended program in the US. Thank You !

ANDY: Is the program available for sale for us Colonial types? (i.e. USA specs?)

ANDY: Is the program available for sale for us Colonial types? (i.e. USA specs?)

Hi Tom,

How are you ? I hope all is well.

Not that I know of, but I will be happy to email The Travel Channel, and see if I can obtain an answer for you. Stay Tuned !

Archived