Expanded Master Chef Dinner Menu

Krazy Kruizers

I was delighted that the MSD was not offered on the Prinsendam. :)

My June Prinsendam cruise clearly had the Master Chef's menu, but had none of the prancing and dancing that I have endured too many times on other ships.

The tenderloin was terrible! The presentation was different than in the past. instead of the meat placed on a bed of mushrooms, which could be pushed aside, there was a gravy that seemed to be made from pulverized mushrooms. There was no way to avoid it. Awful taste.

We did not have the "show" on Veendam in June and we were able to eat whenever.

I was thrilled when I asked about the Master Chef's Dinner and was told they didn't do it on that ship. And they didn't! No show. No juggling. Not even the menu. The last night was as every other, except for the sad "goodbye". This time I was there to say "goodbye" to my stewards.

We really enjoyed the MCD on the Westerdam last week. We were travelling with my parents who hadn't cruised with HAL before and we had a good time. Our wait staff were really hamming it up for the kids at the table and everyone was sincerely smiling.

We all enjoyed the food and there were also two additional courses prior to the appetizers.

We had the early dinner and the dining room was full for that meal.

I have to wonder when they are going to realize that few if any want to be forced into a dining time on one of the last nights of the cruise to attend this dinner. It is still not 'dining as I wish'........ ;) :D

I was on the Amsterdam between July 8th and July 22nd and I did "dining as I wish..." on the night of the Master Chefs Dinner---I ate in the Lido!

Archived