wine policy

Last time we got away with it was 2008. Since then, enforcement has been stepped up. Been to the naughty room twice since then (security told me I set the record on one cruise with 7 bottles of wine & 2 of booze). I felt like a drug mule popped at JFK:eek:. All confiscated and returned at 1 pm the last day (and ooo what a day it was!). Now we don't even try. We are Diamond now and the Diamond event helps.

Bon Voyage!

Just curious ... when did you last cruise. This has been RCCL's policy for quite a while.

Usually do Celebrity and you can bring on wine..did RCCL in April and Dec 2009 and brought on wine for the room..do not remember the policy being

so strict...

Usually do Celebrity and you can bring on wine..did RCCL in April and Dec 2009 and brought on wine for the room..do not remember the policy being

so strict...

The policy has always been strict.

Enforcement has been increased.

And that harsher enforcement started before April 2009. You were just lucky.

:)

so strict...

Ignorance (of the policy) is bliss they say. Sounds like you got lucky. I had someone on a roll call way back in 2007 just trying to bring a bottle to someone who worked on the ship.. RCL would not even allow it to be delivered to one in their crew.

I have not been cruising as long as some others on here, but none has always been the policy for RCL since Iv been cruising.

The policy has always been strict.

Enforcement has been increased.

And that harsher enforcement started before April 2009. You were just lucky.

:)

Ignorance (of the policy) is bliss they say. Sounds like you got lucky. I had someone on a roll call way back in 2007 just trying to bring a bottle to someone who worked on the ship.. RCL would not even allow it to be delivered to one in their crew.

I have not been cruising as long as some others on here, but none has always been the policy for RCL since Iv been cruising.

Thank you...I am new to CC and appreciate all input...I am more than happy to order onboard..Enjoy !!

If you'd like to see the full wine list, follow the photo link in my signature to the 2010 list.:)

Thank you so much..great to be able to plan ahead...would you recommend purchasing a wine package? I notice you have been on LOS twice..we are going this Nov ...

Just got back from Independence of the Seas. We did pack a bottle in our luggage which got through but when the cabin steward saw it he told us to hide it in case his supervisor saw it when he was doing the rounds, so we put it in the cupboard.

We didn't buy any on shore but we had our bags searched when we had some small bottles of Sprite & Diet Coke though they didn't take it off us. Loads of people had their alcohol taken off them until the last day.

Maria

This is one area that RCCL could improve on. With Princess, we were always able to bring aboard a bottle or two of wine at embarkation, and throughout the different ports of call This is really nice when you're traveling throughout Italy and the Med! I love to try different wines from the different regions of Europe, and having to save it for checked luggage is a pain.

The wine selection on RCCL is lacking too. We were on a 14 day med cruise, and the only wines on the list at the beginning of the cruise were CA wines. Nothing from Italy, nothing from France. Half way through the cruise, they brought out a different wine list with much better wine selections, AND much more reasonably priced wines.

Our wine bill was much less on RCCL than on our other Princess cruises. If they had brought out the better list at the beginning of the cruise, we would have spent more money on dinner wines.

This is one area that RCCL could improve on. With Princess, we were always able to bring aboard a bottle or two of wine at embarkation, and throughout the different ports of call This is really nice when you're traveling throughout Italy and the Med! I love to try different wines from the different regions of Europe, and having to save it for checked luggage is a pain.

The wine selection on RCCL is lacking too. We were on a 14 day med cruise, and the only wines on the list at the beginning of the cruise were CA wines. Nothing from Italy, nothing from France. Half way through the cruise, they brought out a different wine list with much better wine selections, AND much more reasonably priced wines.

Our wine bill was much less on RCCL than on our other Princess cruises. If they had brought out the better list at the beginning of the cruise, we would have spent more money on dinner wines.

I agree totally...you can bring wine and champagne on Celebrity owned by the same as RCCL..does not make sense to me.....

Archived