1st time on Princess

Holey

:confused:Can anyone please help? We are just sorting out our finaces for our forthcoming cruise.

We would like to know if we buy a bottle of wine in the mdr would we have to pay a corckage fee? Also is their anywhere that I could find prices of bar tariffs on Emeraled. Do they have a happy hour on cocktails if so how much do they charge. Any info would greatly be appreciated. Also in the mdr will they save unfinshed bottles of wine for the next evening?:)

RELAX !!!!

1. For alcoholic beverages bought on board in restaurants and bars there is NO corkage charge.

2. If you do not finish a bottle of wine at night, it will be re-corked and returned by your Waiting staff to your table first thing next evening .

3. On board drink prices we consider as quite reasonable, like Hotel bar prices in England or Australia .

4. You are allowed to take on board at embarkation one bottle of wine, which if you consume in your Stateroom will cost you nothing . BUT take that bottle of wine to any of the ship's restaurants and you will be charged an outrageous corkage fee only a few $ less than the price of the actual bottle of wine. Caveat Emptor !

5. There are heaps of grog promotions on board , Happy Hours , Two for One drink offers etc . Again relax, roll with the punches and enjoy your cruise .

If you buy a bottle of wine in the MDR then you do not have to pay corkage aswell. Corkage is only payable if you have taken something of your own to the public rooms. There will be no problem with keeping anything you don't drink until the next day, even if you do not have fixed dining.

Sorry, I started this post and then got distracted, hence the x post with kuldalai

Hi There

Corkage applies to a bottle that you have brought onboard not one bought onboard.

You may like to buy a bottle and keep iy at Vines if you like your wine, cheaper than buying a glass every night.

Should you buy a bottle at vines and want to take it to the mdr unopened

keep your receipt and show it if required as mdr might think you bought it ashore

enjoy your cruise

yours |Shogun

like most folk wines on princess are charged above the going rate from $25.00 upwards.

in mdr free corkage .

drinks are reasonable beers from $4. spirits from $5.00 including mixer.

you can take your own wine aboard for drinking in your cabin dont forget corkscrew.

There is a drink of the day for $3.99. Drinks are quite reasonable, at least compared to prices at home. A Bloody Mary is available in three sizes, ranging from $5.99-7.99. A lemon drop martini is $6.99 but if you want Grey Goose vodka, it's $7.99. Here in SoCal, a soda can cost you $4 and a Bloody Mary with house vodka, $10; a martini $12.

I know people are concerned about prices of alcohol on board ships but I have witnessed dopes at sporting events spending 10s of dollars for a couple of beers. Las Vegas has plenty of people willing to pay tons for a yard of something whether it is beer or mixed drinks. Prices on board are comparable to drinks at a hotel bar. I think the point is to not over indulge. Drink less, Pay less!!!

have to agree, prices on board Princess are quite reasonable. I am at a hotel currently and in the elevator there is an ad for specialty drinks in the bar and come try them and the drinks are $9.50 each!

there are often drink specials on board, but I agree with others here, budget for your trip for drinks costs per day and enjoy.

Question about bringing onboard wine and liquor. Should I wrap the bottles and pack them in my checked luggage, carry them on in a bag like this http://www.sbbags.com/i/DebcoSolutions/NW4908_Lime_Green_Black_Large.jpg, or carry them on in a back pack or some sort of sealed carry-on bag?

And if I was to bring on gatorade or pop or juice, what should I pack that in? Or is it okay just to bring a case of pop and not pack it in something else?

Princess Passage Contract allows passengers to bring an unlimited amount of wine and champagne onboard. Some people bring a case and just stick a luggage tag on it. Youcan put it in either the carryon or checked luggage. If checked make sure it is well protected.

The same contract prohibits bringing on other alcohol, including beer in either checked or carryon luggage.

You can carry on soda, water and other non-alcoholic beverages.

have to agree, prices on board Princess are quite reasonable. I am at a hotel currently and in the elevator there is an ad for specialty drinks in the bar and come try them and the drinks are $9.50 each!

there are often drink specials on board, but I agree with others here, budget for your trip for drinks costs per day and enjoy.

Posting on CC from an elevator? That's dedication, Vickie!

Posting on CC from an elevator? That's dedication, Vickie!

funny actually didn't say i was posting from an elevator but that i was currently in a hotel missed a comma that could of cleared it up :p but when it comes to cruising yeah I am dedicated, or crazy, or maybe both

Archived