Just off of Allure today

Great ship but a few flaws. The cabin AC does not cool very well. I was hot at night. I felt there were too many people. You always had to wait for the elevators for a long time. The Windjammer in the morning was too crowded. I couldn't find a seat. Also the tables are too close together. It's hard to walk around tables. I ordered breakfast in my room a few days, but it's not that great. You can go to the MDR and order breakfast or have the buffet. But it closes at 9:30. Too early if you're up late. Park Cafe was good for a limited breakfast but for lunch it was great. The food in the MDR was really good for dinner.

There are a lot of clubs & lounges you can go to at night. I went to the Jazz Club and it was nice. The shows were good too. The cigar bar on the port side of the 17th deck was just ok. During the day it was hot and at night it was hot & windy. Very disappointed.

There were a lot of activities during the day for everyone. Kids will love this cruise.

Jamaica was pretty bad. We hired a driver to take us to Montego Bay. The country is pretty run down. We had a hard time trying to fine a restaurant for lunch. Finally we did that was not a hole-in-the-wall. I had a fried whole red snapper in brown sauce that was pretty good.

We went to Tulum. It was beautiful but we spent a few hours traveling to it. It was very small and very hot.

My next cruise I would prefer a smaller ship and better ports. However, this ship is great for family with kids. There is a lot of things to do for anyone. The ship was beautiful. Overall, my wife & I had fun with our friends.

Great ship but a few flaws. The cabin AC does not cool very well. I was hot at night. I felt there were too many people. You always had to wait for the elevators for a long time. The Windjammer in the morning was too crowded. I couldn't find a seat. Also the tables are too close together. It's hard to walk around tables. I ordered breakfast in my room a few days, but it's not that great. You can go to the MDR and order breakfast or have the buffet. But it closes at 9:30. Too early if you're up late. Park Cafe was good for a limited breakfast but for lunch it was great. The food in the MDR was really good for dinner.

There are a lot of clubs & lounges you can go to at night. I went to the Jazz Club and it was nice. The shows were good too. The cigar bar on the port side of the 17th deck was just ok. During the day it was hot and at night it was hot & windy. Very disappointed.

There were a lot of activities during the day for everyone. Kids will love this cruise.

Jamaica was pretty bad. We hired a driver to take us to Montego Bay. The country is pretty run down. We had a hard time trying to fine a restaurant for lunch. Finally we did that was not a hole-in-the-wall. I had a fried whole red snapper in brown sauce that was pretty good.

We went to Tulum. It was beautiful but we spent a few hours traveling to it. It was very small and very hot.

My next cruise I would prefer a smaller ship and better ports. However, this ship is great for family with kids. There is a lot of things to do for anyone. The ship was beautiful. Overall, my wife & I had fun with our friends.

Sounds like you had a wonderful time,NOT.

I don't take it that way. I think the OP was just stating things they might not have liked, not that they did not have a wonderful time.

Tim

The negative out weigh the positives, so how can you have a wonderful time with so many negatives ?

The AC dampers can be adjusted to allow more cooling to the room. Just call Guest Services and they will send a maintenance man to adjust them to a more open position. Just be careful for what you ask for, too open on the dampers and you can hang beef in the cabin.

Everyone raves about this ship. I only pointed out some of the negatives from my point of view. The ship is not perfect. My wife and I were both hot in our cabin. I did call maintenance. It didn't help. I did have a good time with my friends. I did say the ship was wonderful.

For breakfast you could not order any kind of eggs except scrabbled for room service. Even in the MDR you could only order an omelet or scrabble eggs. Pretty limited. The last ship I was on you could order anything. The dinners in the MDR were great.

You are crusing the carribbean in August, of course its going to be hot. Of course, your room shouldn't have been hot, unless you had a balcony door open. But its hot in august.

Even in the MDR you could only order an omelet or scrabble eggs. Pretty limited. The last ship I was on you could order anything. The dinners in the MDR were great.

Oh no....are you sure...on the Oasis you could order fried eggs over easy. DH will not be too happy if he can't get eggs over easy.

Our kids like the soda packages, do the soda packages still include an insulated cup? Or have they done away with them? What do the new cups look like if they still include them?

Everyone raves about this ship. I only pointed out some of the negatives from my point of view. The ship is not perfect. My wife and I were both hot in our cabin. I did call maintenance. It didn't help. I did have a good time with my friends. I did say the ship was wonderful.

For breakfast you could not order any kind of eggs except scrabbled for room service. Even in the MDR you could only order an omelet or scrabble eggs. Pretty limited. The last ship I was on you could order anything. The dinners in the MDR were great.

You can go to Johnny Rockets and get a fried egg sandwich...if you don't see it, most times all you have to do is ask...the staff looks to please. I have also got eggs over easy whenever I asked.

You are crusing the carribbean in August, of course its going to be hot. Of course, your room shouldn't have been hot, unless you had a balcony door open. But its hot in august.

Totally agree....it's not like this is a surprise to the OP as he is from FL......if you don't like it hot in the summer....did you really think it would be cooler in the Caribbean in Aug:confused:

My thanks to the original poster for the timely observations. We sail on September 18.

While in our younger days DH and I could take the stairs, I now have mobility issues so it was nice to get a heads up about the wait for elevators, as this will impact our timeliness for reservations. Someone responded that the ship has 5,000 passengers. I think we all know that when we book, but I would also have expected the designers to have known that when they decided on the number of elevators.

Could you tell me where the muster drill was held? That's always the biggest challenge for my knees.

Thank you, and welcome back!

Carla

I was in Cabin 11326. I was not the only one with a warm cabin in my group of 20. One tip, there is a master switch in your room by the switches near the bathroom. Don't turn it off. It turns the AC off. There are over 6000 people. But I think the elevators are not programed right. I saw elevators zooming by and didn't stop all the time.

The muster drill is held in different places. Dinning Rooms, theater, etc.

Overall, the ship is great. Tons of stuff to do for everyone.

I was in Cabin 11326. I was not the only one with a warm cabin in my group of 20. One tip, there is a master switch in your room by the switches near the bathroom. Don't turn it off. It turns the AC off. There are over 6000 people. But I think the elevators are not programed right. I saw elevators zooming by and didn't stop all the time.

The muster drill is held in different places. Dinning Rooms, theater, etc.

Overall, the ship is great. Tons of stuff to do for everyone.

That is NOT correct...that is a master light switch that will turn all the lights in the cabin off...it will NOT shut off the AC.

Archived