Voyager Channel 7

Sun Princess looked to me like a cross between an RSL club - and an aged people's home!! It has made me realise that this is actually what I have been cruising on for the past few years.

Barry (aged 64)

So I take it you are going to book a cruise on the Voyager with a much younger passenger mix. The activities offered on it a bound to make anyone feel younger.

I had to laugh at the skating on top. I had visions of skating over the edge. Or climbing the rock wall and feeling as though you are going to fall into the ocean.

I loved the glimpse of the Voyager and I am considering a booking. I think that we are lucky enough to know what cruising is really about and that following the schedule or doing the choir are only 2 options or ways of doing it. However, if I were a person who had not cruised before I am afraid this broadcast may have put me off. Good for us though as more spots for us to cruise in LOL.

I know on the P&O Facebook page many people thought that the Voyager would be a germ haven that was crowded and not so much fun.

Interesting?

Sun Princess looked to me like a cross between an RSL club - and an aged people's home!! It has made me realise that this is actually what I have been cruising on for the past few years.

Barry (aged 64)

Right on Barry, 'floating RSL', 'floating aged care centre.' Many cruise ships are like that. HAL in particular. (PS Barry you old fella, I am only a spring chicken, aged 63 ! heh, heh.)

I saw the Ch7 show, the Aussie bloke with his list of 'committments' was a bit over the top. Not my style. I often even forget to carry the Princess Patter around. Crikey you are on board to relax, not keep to a 'time schedule' as has already been said elsewhere.

As for Voyager of the Seas, too big and glitzy, for me anyway, they can keep their rock wall and skating rink, might suit some people. The 'Grand Class' of Princess ships are big enough for me thanks.

Of all the people they chose to interview' date=' they picked a couple that were "Platinum and was looking forward to getting to Gold" What the?[/quote']

Hi,

Looking at your cruise history you already qualfy for platinium....yous P&O and princess cruises are combined.....what the?

Barry (aged 64)

Age is only a number ...enjoying yourself is an option.

Right on Barry, 'floating RSL', 'floating aged care centre.' Many cruise ships are like that. HAL in particular. (PS Barry you old fella, I am only a spring chicken, aged 63 ! heh, heh.)

I saw the Ch7 show, the Aussie bloke with his list of 'committments' was a bit over the top. Not my style. I often even forget to carry the Princess Patter around. Crikey you are on board to relax, not keep to a 'time schedule' as has already been said elsewhere.

As for Voyager of the Seas, too big and glitzy, for me anyway, they can keep their rock wall and skating rink, might suit some people. The 'Grand Class' of Princess ships are big enough for me thanks.

Hi

I am in your age bracket and trust me I will be climbing the rock wall,ice skating Playing golf and in-line skating....All I wish is that voyager had the flow rider...the more activities the better for me.Pity they don,t have the Officers vs the Pax in a cricket like the old P&O cruise years ago.

Hi,

Looking at your cruise history you already qualfy for platinium....yous P&O and princess cruises are combined.....what the?

What they should have said was..'Looking forward to getting to ELITE ! (not Gold, Gold is first level of Captains Circle before platinum.

Maybe they were having 'A Seniors Moment' We all have them, LOL.

As for VOS count me in for the golf. Even Ruby Princess has a 9 hole putting green up top and a golf pro with simulator. I play golf three days a week at home, you have to treat the withdrawal symptoms at sea.!

Just my two cents worth.

This "loyalty" scheme of Princess is a bit ridiculous.

Apparently, IF we( my wife and I) do a 1 night Princess cruise, we will immediately become an "elite" passenger - based solely on the cruises we have done with other cruiselines??

I know this is swimming against the current - but loyalty programmes are to me just like a free beer - nice to get, but we wouldn't determine where our future cruises will come from on the basis of getting a free beer, or even a couple of them.

Barry

Got home from work last night to watch the show only to find there was an error recording:mad: -not happy!

Then I found it online here

Looks like that was the story they were filming as I was told it was about the growth of cruising for Aussies, just didn't use The Santuary bit though.

On the web page story it says

"Cruise Ships we filmed on:

1. The Sun Princess owned by Carnival Cruises

2. The Voyager of The Seas owned by Royal Caribbean Cruises"

Still got to see myself sail into Sydney harbour though. Where were you Deb and Eileen?:rolleyes:

Got home from work last night to watch the show only to find there was an error recording:mad: -not happy!

Then I found it online here

Looks like that was the story they were filming as I was told it was about the growth of cruising for Aussies, just didn't use The Santuary bit though.

On the web page story it says

Still got to see myself sail into Sydney harbour though. Where were you Deb and Eileen?:rolleyes:

I was asleep of course. Even though it is lovely sailing into sydney harbour we have done it quite a few times now so sleep was more important. :D

What they should have said was..'Looking forward to getting to ELITE ! (not Gold, Gold is first level of Captains Circle before platinum.

Maybe they were having 'A Seniors Moment' We all have them, LOL.

Thank you Les, that is what I was referring to ....... you would think they would know that the top level is Elite not gold.... the second level.

I was asleep of course. Even though it is lovely sailing into sydney harbour we have done it quite a few times now so sleep was more important. :D

and if you sleepin to much you'll go back to GOLD by the looks of it:rolleyes:

Was that SUn P our cruise?

I can't remember if I made sail-in :cool:. I think I slept in too :eek: (hang on I'll check my camera). Nope must have slept in. Last photo on my camera is Jim and Clive digging into a whole baked alaska :D:p

You mean the two free cans of Budweiser, ugh.

Ours was VB:confused:

I can't remember if I made sail-in :cool:. I think I slept in too :eek: (hang on I'll check my camera). Nope must have slept in. Last photo on my camera is.....

Yep, we just got on in time for the Sydney bit, but after they gave away all those GOLD class passes:D.

PS J&C - busy girl!!?!:p

I can't remember if I made sail-in :cool:. I think I slept in too :eek: (hang on I'll check my camera). Nope must have slept in. Last photo on my camera is Jim and Clive digging into a whole baked alaska :D:p

Hahaha! That was a fun little cruise!

Archived