Voyager Channel 7

Maybe the Sunday program is doing a series on cruising.

We were on the Sun Princess 4 weeks ago and they were filming in The Sanctury for the Sunday program. I spoke to the Carnival staff member and was told they started in Perth, then in the Kimberleys and finally in Sydney for a special on cruising to be shown in about 6 weeks time (2 from now). So keep watching.

Maybe the Sunday program is doing a series on cruising.

We were on the Sun Princess 4 weeks ago and they were filming in The Sanctury for the Sunday program. I spoke to the Carnival staff member and was told they started in Perth, then in the Kimberleys and finally in Sydney for a special on cruising to be shown in about 6 weeks time (2 from now). So keep watching.

Thanks Pete, will keep my eyes and ears open.

We are the cruise ship nation at the moment. Oh wait. But we have to learn how to tip and find large non refundable deposits.:D

You'll be able to book with just a $100pp deposit next year (some have done this already on 2011 cruises). Tipping is out on Aus based cruises now. ;)

Just got the brochure from Princess with prices for Sun Princess 2012 World Cruise, crikey, prices have gone up, no doubt to compensate for the tipping deficiency.

We got on Arcadia from Sydney to Southampton - twin share - ocean view' for $5200 pp, plus OBC, less than half what it costs to board Sun Princess - inside cabin for the Sydney - Dover sector.

So cruisers take time out to check prices ! The 'other lines, P&O UK, Royal Caribbean etc are doing some good deals.

Sorry for the thread hijack, got carried away, yes, doco on Sunday night - Ch7, on VOS should be great for us cruise nuts.

LOL@Barry

That show will put a lot of people off. Let's see....the old guy (ok not that old) giving his daily "what I'm going to do". Seriously, most people would have gone what the!

They could have painted the Sun P at least. Looked like a rusty bucket from the outside. The atrium always looks good photographed though :D

I've already been eyeing off Voyager cruises :p Thinking of doing Singapore to Freo. Lots of yummy sea days in the tropics :)

I wonder if Princess Australia hijacked the story, as it was more about the Sun Princess than about the Voyager of the Seas.

I had been put off by the size of the Voyager of the Seas, but after watching the segment, thought that it had a lot to offer, especially for children.

Will have to wait and see what good deals they come up with.

I liked the job they did in research. I expect both cruise trips were sponsored by the cruise lines, hence the focus on those ships in particular, even though others were mentioned in passing.

As for the pax, they go with the territory. ;-)

Sun Princess looked to me like a cross between an RSL club - and an aged people's home!! It has made me realise that this is actually what I have been cruising on for the past few years.

Barry (aged 64)

Really thought they'd show more of Voyager. :mad:

Just loved the "choir" ....... NOT. :p

When were singalongs/'choirs' introduced ?

Also thought the guy talking about his list of daily commitments might have given the wrong impression about cruising....even if I do carry a copy of the Patter in my deck bag :o

Archived