Walk off port everglades time??

Pilot70D

If you have done the walk off carrying your own luggage at Port Everglades I need your input!!!

About what time were you off the ship through customs and then on your way???

We have a transportation situation over which I have no control. If I can get an average time from people who have done the self debarkation carrying their luggage then I can make my own judgement about how the timing of my ground transportation will work. Fortunately I have done business in Ft. Lauderdale and am very familiar with the area.

Everyone's information will be very welcome. Have a great day out there.

:)

The problem with giving you an accurate answer (which is impossible) is that, assmuing your ship docks on time (they usually do) the express disembarkation time is totally under the control of the US Customs and Border Protection folks. Once they clear the ship the disembarkation process can proceed. Normally, this will happen within an hour after docking, but there are some very nasty exceptions. For us the worst was several years ago on a Carnival ship that was held until 9:30 because they could not locate a crew member that the immigration folks wanted to interview. We have also been on several cruises that were held (for a lesser time) because certain non-US citizens did not respond to pages. This is not as uncommon because passengers are sometimes in their cabin and do not hear their names and or cabin numbers called. So if you are looking for a guarantee it will not happen. Otherwise, figure on 1 hour after the scheduled docking time and you will generally be OK.

Hank

Unfortunately, there's no way to tell. There are so many variables that can cause delays. I know this is frustrating, as I've encountered a similar situation to yours. On my last four cruises out of FLL, they started disembarkation at four different times, ranging from 7:30 to 9:10. The latest one was caused by two factors: non-US citizens failing to report to Immigration on time, and not enough Customs officials to clear the ship. I would suggest setting your pick up time for between 8:00 and 8:15. If you're early, you can take your time going through Customs, and if you're later, you might be able to call your ride and tell them of your delay.

April 2011, off the ship @ 7:10 am.

Thank You Retired067!! This is exactly what I need.

If I can get this one piece of information from 10-12 folks who have done it then I can make my decision whether or not to roll the dice so to speak.

I realize full well that no one can predict when a specific ship is going to be able to start debarking passengers but if I can find out when ten to twelve of us did the self debarkation then I can make my decision. We have cruised out of Port Everglades for the last twelve years consequently I am aware of the vagaries involved.

So please keep those times coming in.

Thanks.

:):):)

If you have done the walk off carrying your own luggage at Port Everglades I need your input!!!

About what time were you off the ship through customs and then on your way???

We have a transportation situation over which I have no control. If I can get an average time from people who have done the self debarkation carrying their luggage then I can make my own judgement about how the timing of my ground transportation will work. Fortunately I have done business in Ft. Lauderdale and am very familiar with the area.

Everyone's information will be very welcome. Have a great day out there.

:)

I don't remember the exact time we got off the ship but I do know we were at the Airport through Security at 8:05A.M.

Archived