Travel Mugs - Need Help

BENNETT531

It seems like everyone talks about how they bring their favorite mug type beverage holder on board the ship. It never crossed my mind to do that. (first cruise, still learning...) Anyhow, what are your favorites? I like to drink iced tea, pop, water. Occasionally an adult beverage. Is there a brand that is better than another? Now it seems like those clear double-walled cup things with the straws are popular. Do they sweat all over the place? How big should I get? A lid would be nice, but a straw would be better... Keep in mind I'm flying in, so it's probably not smart to pack a 70 ouncer. Any advice is appreciated.

Seriously...

:)and it seems to really work well, keeps ice longer than a regular cup, doesn't sweat at all, and the straw has a slider on it to keep you from losing it when the lid is off for a refill!! and not as difficult to pack as a mug with a handle and fits in my car cup holder!

I like the "bubba" brand mugs. The "tumbler" style I saw at Walmart last night had a lid and I do believe you can use straws with them. I'm getting the ones that fit in our drink holders in the vehicles.

Gotta go with the Bubba Kegs....different sizes depending on your consumption habits. Wally's has them at discounted prices, maybe even at clearance this time of year.

I like the OXO brand from Target. Holds 16 oz. of your favourite beverage and virtually 100% leakproof, so you can knock them over and keeps your drink intact. Great for enjoying a mojito on the beach, saves a bit of $$$ too. :)

Bubba brand are gret, have various sizes. Do have the narrower bases ti fit in car holder, but also have the Bubba Keg for cruising, less trips back to refill.

Funny this thread was posted....

I was just in Target yesteday looking at insulated cups. For my last few cruises I've used one with a handle that you'd typically see people use for coffee. It's a pain though because it takes a whole hand to hold. I'm looking for a water bottle type thing with a loop that I can just slip my fingers through to carry....but I want it to be insulated too. This seems to be a tough thing to find. :(

I was just in Target yesteday looking at insulated cups. For my last few cruises I've used one with a handle that you'd typically see people use for coffee. It's a pain though because it takes a whole hand to hold. I'm looking for a water bottle type thing with a loop that I can just slip my fingers through to carry....but I want it to be insulated too. This seems to be a tough thing to find. :(

I don't believe I've seen what you are loking for at Walmart or Target. Have seen what you are looking for at LL Bean &, Campmore. You probably need to look more at a dedicated sporting ggods place like EMS or Sports Authority, or a dedicated camping and outing place.

Will probably be an insulated container, with a rubberized sleeve that has either a strap on the side or shoulder/neck strap. You may want to look online at CAMELBACK. They have many beverage containers from small hand held, t backpack type for runers and military.

If you are traveling by air and want to save space, you can always buy an insulated travel mug in the gift shop on board. They are usually fine and they usually have several you can choose from. I prefer something I can put hot and cold drinks in. I like to carry around coffee or hot chocolate in the morning and fill with a cool drink in the afternoon. A new mug would be best because I have some I use every day for coffee and they taste like coffee after using them for a while when you put a cold drink in them.

I got a double walled one with a straw. I got mine at Walmart. I got the biggest that they have. I think it is 16oz..maybe 20oz

I saw those yesterday at Walmart. They were on special for only $5. Look over in the back-to-school section. They had a lot of those type cups marked down.

I just bought DH & me 2 24oz Tervis Tumblers will get the lids & straws at BB&B with a coupon. No sweating due to them being insulated. One reason I chose these is cuz I won't drink the morning coffee from the lido deck~yuck! And yes my BV alcohol will be used to make drinks in them~ These are the 2 I bought~

diva.png

I have one of the FlyLady stainless steel water bottles (google it). It's double-walled, holds ice for quite a while (and it's 110 where I live), doesn't sweat, and the full top will come off so you can add ice cubes, or you can just open the little part of the top for drinking. It uses a little lanyard to hold the lid to the bottle. The only thing I wish they would change is I'd love a sport top, but then they'd have more issues with leaking.

I saw those yesterday at Walmart. They were on special for only $5. Look over in the back-to-school section. They had a lot of those type cups marked down.

Yeah..that is what I paid for mine.

Ickle..I don't want it for mixed drinks..I just want it because the cups that they have give you about a sip..LOL. I don't mind 4 cups with my meal in the buffet. But be kind of hard to carry them all with me. So I am bringing one so that I can put more in my cup than the 8oz that the cups in the buffet hold.

If you are traveling by air and want to save space, you can always buy an insulated travel mug in the gift shop on board. They are usually fine and they usually have several you can choose from. I prefer something I can put hot and cold drinks in. I like to carry around coffee or hot chocolate in the morning and fill with a cool drink in the afternoon. A new mug would be best because I have some I use every day for coffee and they taste like coffee after using them for a while when you put a cold drink in them.

That's a great idea actually, and a twofer. I always like to get a mug from wherever we go; the insulated Carnival mug would be handy plus a souvenir.

Archived