Travel Dresses & Skirts?

Twibbs

Has anyone tried the dresses & skirts made specifically for travel, like those from ExOfficio? Everything I've heard about them was about their undies, but I want to know if their other stuff actually flatters anybody!

My husband and I both have some ex officio convertible pants, and I have a couple tops from ex officio. I like them. They're not high fashion - but they do wash & dry quickly and keep me cool.

I also have some wicking clothing from Columbia (including a white dress I asked about accessorizing a few weeks ago ;))

In most situations, you won't need to buy specific clothing for travel. However - the clothing I have - I wear in my "every day" life anyway. My husband and I are total converts to wicking clothing for outdoor activities! It can be very difficult to find things that don't look like gym wear, but they are out there (personally, I'd rather look like I'm going on safari than look like I'm going to the gym - that's just my personal style - can I help it if I got stuck on Out of Africa for too long:p)

Sierra Trading Post, Campmor, and REI (and REI Outlet!) often have great deals on clothing.....

Earlier this summer, I bought 3 tanks from the Eddie Bauer outlet in Williamsburg - wicking fabric - ribbed, a little shiny BUT otherwise don't look like athletic gear (no stretch or logos - that helps a lot) and they're great layering pieces for travel. I also have an ex officio sleeveless polo that feels like cotton though it's wicking as well. Got that from Sierratradingpost.com

Earlier this summer, I bought 3 tanks from the Eddie Bauer outlet in Williamsburg - wicking fabric - ribbed, a little shiny BUT otherwise don't look like athletic gear (no stretch or logos - that helps a lot) and they're great layering pieces for travel. I also have an ex officio sleeveless polo that feels like cotton though it's wicking as well. Got that from Sierratradingpost.com

I mentioned this in an earlier post. Sierra Trading has a cute nylonish skirt with little ribbons on the sides that can be pulled up a bit--quite cute, I think. I bought one in a sort of khaki color--it has 2 front pockets and 2 back pockets and a drawstring waist. Buy the size larger than you usually buy. I wear small/medium and bought large and it fits fine--but it washes and dries easily--could probably dry overnight hung up in your room. Best of all it was under $10!

I mentioned this in an earlier post. Sierra Trading has a cute nylonish skirt with little ribbons on the sides that can be pulled up a bit--quite cute, I think. I bought one in a sort of khaki color--it has 2 front pockets and 2 back pockets and a drawstring waist. Buy the size larger than you usually buy. I wear small/medium and bought large and it fits fine--but it washes and dries easily--could probably dry overnight hung up in your room. Best of all it was under $10!

I ordered it! Unfortunately, the buttons are set too far to the inside, so it looks like I'm about to pop them all the time. I need to get out my sewing kit and reset them.

Chicos has a travel line but I don't care for it but a lot of people really like their travel clothing. If you have one near you at least you could go try it on to see what you think.

I've been looking for 'travel' clothing as well and have been looking at sporting good stores and discount stores. Sporting good stores have a lot of wicking/quick dry things. Some of the stuff is more simple without logos which is nice. Walmart and Target both have polyester clothing that won't wrinke and would dry quickly. I just got a skirt for $14 at Walmart.

I live 2 blocks away from a Chico's! I'll have to check them out.

I'll do a round of the sporting good and discount stores next weekend.

I found a knee-lingth black skirt at Chico's that was from their Zenergy line. It is lightweight (but not clingy or see through) very quick drying. This traveled to Prague, Florida, New York, and Atalnta with me this summer.

I would love to have quick-dry tops and such - it's so hot here, and I ride around on a scooter. :)

REI has an outlet? I'm off to go a-googling!

I bought 2 of the ExOfficio tops for a trip to Africa. I already had 4 of their AirStrip Lite button-downs and 1 of the Bugs-Away button-downs. I wanted a few Tshirt-types. I found a short sleeve and sleeveless aZa shirt. It has a nice burned-out look with a flower pattern to it. I got the sleeveless boat neck in black and the short sleeve notch neck in basil. They are SPF 30, quick dry, and odor-controlling. Very lightweight! The black sleeveless doubled as a day shirt and a going-out shirt paired with my gray travel skirt (an Athleta stretch async cut).

I think you can find them on sale right now - REI.com and Backcountry.com, as well as the ExOfficio site.

Archived