Calling all JS and higher Suite Cruisers who have just returned........

Have you recently returned from your cruise?

Did you have a Junior Suite, Grand Suite, Owner Suite or better stateroom?

Did you have the mystery "G" printed on your SetSail pass?

When you checked in, did you find out what the "G" stood for on the SetSail pass?

If so, please post what the person at check in told you the "G" meant.

Thanks!

When you checked in, did you find out what the "G" stood for on the SetSail pass?

Thanks!

How many cruises have you taken with RCI? My Guess it means Gold C&A member

Mine has a DP on the set sail pass

I am waiting to hear from someone who has recently returned and can confirm.

My setsail pass has "P" "G" "GS". The "P" stands for Platinum C&A member and the "GS"stands for Grand Suite.

Only those people who have booked Junior Suite or higher have the "G". And, it doesn't matter what your Crown and Anchor status is because people who have never sailed have the "G". I think it is some type of alert for the check in staff that those in JS or higher also have early boarding priority along with the D & D+.

So, anyone out there who has recently returned and able to confirm what the middle "G" stands for?

I am waiting to hear from someone who has recently returned and can confirm.

My setsail pass has "P" "G" "GS". The "P" stands for Platinum C&A member and the "GS"stands for Grand Suite.

Only those people who have booked Junior Suite or higher have the "G". And, it doesn't matter what your Crown and Anchor status is because people who have never sailed have the "G". I think it is some type of alert for the check in staff that those in JS or higher also have early boarding priority along with the D & D+.

So, anyone out there who has recently returned and able to confirm what the middle "G" stands for?

I printed our SetSail Pass for our first of three upcoming cruises on Radiance on July 19. Above the circle it had D+ and JS.

I printed it again last week after that thread was started and it had D+ GS and JS above the Circle.

I printed off our Set Sail Pass for the other two cruises again and there was no G above the circle.

There is no rhyme or reason for the G and it means absolutely nothing unless one is a Gold Member.

I printed our SetSail Pass for our first of three upcoming cruises on Radiance on July 19. Above the circle it had D+ and JS.

I printed it again last week after that thread was started and it had D+ GS and JS above the Circle.

I printed off our Set Sail Pass for the other two cruises again and there was no G above the circle.

There is no rhyme or reason for the G and it means absolutely nothing unless one is a Gold Member.

I would agree with this if the "G" was on the left where the C&A Status is printed not in the center next to the JS or higher. Really no reason to identify a Gold member.

I printed my setsail pass and I'm Platinum status booked in a Grand Suite on my next cruise.

My setsail pass has a P followed by G followed by GS above the Suite Circle. (Platinum) ?? (Grand Suite)

A G has also been found on setsail passes for people who are not yet members of C&A who are booked in JS or higher, so the G can not mean Gold.

The last thread on this topic was closed and I am hoping that someone returning this week will have the answer and post the answer on this new thread.

Didn't you post this same question yesterday too? Perhaps a quick search of previous threads would answer your question.

The thread I started yesterday is no where to be found, that's why I started a new thread. Also, the original thread that asked this question was closed.

Here's hoping we find out what the G means.

I know we are not supposed to ask why threads are closed or deleted :( but, on this occasion, I would like to know what the Mods found to be the problem with these 2 threads.

I know the first one got a bit silly - but it was fun. There was no nastiness, no bickering.

I would have thought that questioning a code on a Set Sail Pass was a legitimate cruise topic.

Maybe the Mods could let us know their reasons.

Thanks!

Got off the Mariner on 13th August and we were in a Grand Suite, just looked at our SetSail pass and there is no G there!!!!

Got off the Mariner on 13th August and we were in a Grand Suite, just looked at our SetSail pass and there is no G there!!!!

Sorry, I am having a blonde senior moment !!! I was looking at the Sea Pass Card - cannot remember what the SetSail pass said now.

Best guess going was that it was related to priroity boarding with G = Gate Priority.

While some people with no C&A status had the G these were all GS and above - normal priority boarding. D & D+ get priority boarding anyway so it may be to make them easier to spot when in JS (which does not normally get priority boarding).

In programming speak...

IF GS-and-Above = True then Print-G = True else

IF D-Status-and-above = true and JS = True then Print-G = True else

Print-G = False

I think the OP question was for those who have recently boarded tha thad the mystery G how was their boarding process handled any different from past? Did they direct them to a special waiting area? Give them a special boarding card? Wristband?

Best guess going was that it was related to priroity boarding with G = Gate Priority.

While some people with no C&A status had the G these were all GS and above - normal priority boarding. D & D+ get priority boarding anyway so it may be to make them easier to spot when in JS (which does not normally get priority boarding).

In programming speak...

IF GS-and-Above = True then Print-G = True else

IF D-Status-and-above = true and JS = True then Print-G = True else

Print-G = False

I think the OP question was for those who have recently boarded tha thad the mystery G how was their boarding process handled any different from past? Did they direct them to a special waiting area? Give them a special boarding card? Wristband?

I sailed last year on Explorer and was given priority boarding in a JS. It is one of the perks.

I'm sailing again in a JS. My set sail pass has the G and I'm gold C&A.

I sailed last year on Explorer and was given priority boarding in a JS. It is one of the perks.

I'm sailing again in a JS. My set sail pass has the G and I'm gold C&A.

Then that would be a policy change, sort of. Problem is various RCI published sources are inconsistent about JS and Priority Boarding. Online under Enhanced Program for Suites they exclude JS.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=enhanced_program_for_suite_guests

And under Junior Suites it is not listed under the Enhanced program features for that category:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cabinclass/cabinTypes/cabinType/home.do?br=R&cabincls=D&cabinType=DS

But I have seen brochures where they do add Priority Boarding as a JS feature regardless of C&A level. Then to top it off they apply either policy sort of randomly (based on other threads). So perhaps the G symbol is heading toward a more consistent application and JS will indeed officially be included.

- normal priority boarding. D & D+ get priority boarding anyway so it may be to make them easier to spot when in JS (which does not normally get priority boarding).

Did they direct them to a special waiting area?

When we did a JS on the Mariner we were put in the corner with the rest of the suite pax and I guess D/D+ and got priority boarding

But i dont remember seeing a 'G' on our SSP

And we were gold at the time

And I agree with your last paragraph of above post(I type slow)

Then that would be a policy change, sort of. Problem is various RCI published sources are inconsistent about JS and Priority Boarding. Online under Enhanced Program for Suites they exclude JS.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=enhanced_program_for_suite_guests

And under Junior Suites it is not listed under the Enhanced program features for that category:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cabinclass/cabinTypes/cabinType/home.do?br=R&cabincls=D&cabinType=DS

But I have seen brochures where they do add Priority Boarding as a JS feature regardless of C&A level. Then to top it off they apply either policy sort of randomly (based on other threads). So perhaps the G symbol is heading toward a more consistent application and JS will indeed officially be included.

For those in a Junior Suite, did you get priority boarding? Were you directed to the suite waiting area? Or, was your experience a typical boarding?

For those in a Junior Suite, did you get priority boarding? Were you directed to the suite waiting area? Or, was your experience a typical boarding?

The G is gone! Over a period of the last month I have printed my set sail pass three times. The first time I printed it was about a month ago. No G was on the pass. When this discussion started I was curious and printed my set sail pass again, and the G was on it. I needed to print my set sail pass yesterday again, for unrelated reasons and the G was gone. The explanation given from someone who contacted Royal Caribbean was that the G was just a fluke, and was supposed to be some sort of symbol. While my confidence of getting a correct answer from Royal Caribbean isn't that high, I think they gave the correct answer.

Once you check in, you no longer keep your set sail pass, so having a G on it to give you priority to board the ship would be worthless. If Junior Suite Guests are given priority, the color of their sea pass would be enough.

Any JS or higher staterooms with the G on setsail pass out there who can confirm that it is for priority boarding?

JS cabins have priority "check-in" because the terminal reps look at what is in the circle at the top of your SetSail Pass which will say "Suite" in the circle if you are booked in a JS cabin or above.

Priority is given to Suite Guests, Pinnacle Club Members, D+ Members and then continues down the list. If you arrive after boarding has started, you would just proceed to the gangway to have your picture taken and then board the ship.

It has been our experience that, if we arrive early and boarding has not started yet, once we are checked-in and get our SeaPass Cards, the reps direct us to the appropriate section, according to what is printed on our SeaPass Card, to have a seat to wait until boarding begins.

The G is gone! Over a period of the last month I have printed my set sail pass three times. The first time I printed it was about a month ago. No G was on the pass. When this discussion started I was curious and printed my set sail pass again, and the G was on it. I needed to print my set sail pass yesterday again, for unrelated reasons and the G was gone. The explanation given from someone who contacted Royal Caribbean was that the G was just a fluke, and was supposed to be some sort of symbol. While my confidence of getting a correct answer from Royal Caribbean isn't that high, I think they gave the correct answer.

Once you check in, you no longer keep your set sail pass, so having a G on it to give you priority to board the ship would be worthless. If Junior Suite Guests are given priority, the color of their sea pass would be enough.

I also had the same experience. Printed SSP on July 19, no "G". Printed it on 8/20 and there was the "G". Today, went to print and the "G" was GONE!!

Archived