Calling all JS and higher Suite Cruisers who have just returned........

Are there any "Gold" members out there who have printed a Set Sail pass recently? Is your C&A status indicated with a black "G" on a yellow (gold) background?

If it is, the answer to this mystery is obvious ... it was a computer glitch that attached the "gold" status to Set Sail passes when certain criteria was met (suite being the most obvious).

But, on the other hand, why in the world would I think that!:eek: The RCI web site is, after all, glitch free. :D

The G is gone! Over a period of the last month I have printed my set sail pass three times. The first time I printed it was about a month ago. No G was on the pass. When this discussion started I was curious and printed my set sail pass again, and the G was on it. I needed to print my set sail pass yesterday again, for unrelated reasons and the G was gone. The explanation given from someone who contacted Royal Caribbean was that the G was just a fluke, and was supposed to be some sort of symbol. While my confidence of getting a correct answer from Royal Caribbean isn't that high, I think they gave the correct answer.

Once you check in, you no longer keep your set sail pass, so having a G on it to give you priority to board the ship would be worthless. If Junior Suite Guests are given priority, the color of their sea pass would be enough.

Thanks for the heads up. My G no longer is there.

Are there any "Gold" members out there who have printed a Set Sail pass recently? Is your C&A status indicated with a black "G" on a yellow (gold) background?

If it is, the answer to this mystery is obvious ... it was a computer glitch that attached the "gold" status to Set Sail passes when certain criteria was met (suite being the most obvious).

But, on the other hand, why in the world would I think that!:eek: The RCI web site is, after all, glitch free. :D

I just checked. My G is still there. White G on gold background.

gold.gifjs.gif

suite.jpg

Have you recently returned from your cruise?

Did you have a Junior Suite, Grand Suite, Owner Suite or better stateroom?

Did you have the mystery "G" printed on your SetSail pass?

When you checked in, did you find out what the "G" stood for on the SetSail pass?

If so, please post what the person at check in told you the "G" meant.

Thanks!

All the time we put into the other thread looking to find out what that G meant, I hope someone comes forward with the answer:eek:

I printed our SetSail Pass for our first of three upcoming cruises on Radiance on July 19. Above the circle it had D+ and JS.

I printed it again last week after that thread was started and it had D+ GS and JS above the Circle.

I printed off our Set Sail Pass for the other two cruises again and there was no G above the circle.

There is no rhyme or reason for the G and it means absolutely nothing unless one is a Gold Member.

Patti, I think they did away with the G when they took our G thread away:mad::(

Wrong "G" It was a "G" written in Black. The "G" you have is your Gold level in C&A.

My first Set Sail Pass I printed 8/10/11 didn't have the G just the JS.

When I printed it again on 8/19/11 it had the G with the JS.

Maybe they are starting to show Gold C&A on the Set Sail Pass.

Wrong "G" It was a "G" written in Black. The "G" you have is your Gold level in C&A.

The OP of the very first thread is a DP in a JS and her "G" in the middle was white. I would agree that this is for Gold C&A status if it was on the far left with a space and then JS, GS etc, it's not. The "G" is in the middle, that is not where they print and indication of C&A status. What would be the point of identifying Gold status?? One cruise and your Gold.

Is it possible that the 'G' is in testing for Grandfathering? The new rules allowing children in the Concierge Lounge means more crowding during cocktail hours. Maybe in the future D+ will be allowed in the CL only if booked in a JS or higher?

Is it possible that the 'G' is in testing for Grandfathering? The new rules allowing children in the Concierge Lounge means more crowding during cocktail hours. Maybe in the future D+ will be allowed in the CL only if booked in a JS or higher?

I think you may be right but I like the goat theory better:eek:

Um, the G's disappeared a few days after they appeared. My Set Sail back when this all started had it (Platinum, Sailing in a GS), but as of over a week ago, the G is gone and most on the other thread said the same thing.

Um, the G's disappeared a few days after they appeared. My Set Sail back when this all started had it (Platinum, Sailing in a GS), but as of over a week ago, the G is gone and most on the other thread said the same thing.

Mine is still there.

Mine is still there.

Your status is Gold correct? Totally separate from the G the rest of us are talking about. Mine is Platinum and at one point I had a G, P and GS. Now it only has a P and GS as it should.

Archived