Help with Silhouette Aft cabins

dutchess43

Looking for pictures of Silhouette Aft cabins we are thinking about booking a SV. Thanks

Hi, can't get you a photo but we asked the same questions about 18 months ago and spent months researching a cabin. We picked cabin 8353 and having just returned we can tell you that it is perfect ! It has teh bed by the balcony and basically eveything the other cabins have ! It is pretty much in the middle of the ship with a fantastic wake view. It was so quiet that we didn't hear anyone around us. Soooooo perfect !!!!!

There is a great thread re cabins but becareful as on the other Solstice ships the aft cabin 8353 was a bed by the bathroom. We were very surprised when we saw that it was not so on the Silhouette ! Then again, we weren't disappointed and preferred it !

The cabin we had could be seen from above IF you were by the rail. There was very little soot and the cabin steward hosed it down every day incase there was a problem (there wasn't for us). We got the sun nearly all day, every day of the cruise as well as some great views of the moon shining on the sea

I'll try to find photos for you, but believe me any on that deck are great !

:)

Hi, can't get you a photo but we asked the same questions about 18 months ago and spent months researching a cabin. We picked cabin 8353 and having just returned we can tell you that it is perfect ! It has teh bed by the balcony and basically eveything the other cabins have ! It is pretty much in the middle of the ship with a fantastic wake view. It was so quiet that we didn't hear anyone around us. Soooooo perfect !!!!!

There is a great thread re cabins but becareful as on the other Solstice ships the aft cabin 8353 was a bed by the bathroom. We were very surprised when we saw that it was not so on the Silhouette ! Then again, we weren't disappointed and preferred it !

The cabin we had could be seen from above IF you were by the rail. There was very little soot and the cabin steward hosed it down every day incase there was a problem (there wasn't for us). We got the sun nearly all day, every day of the cruise as well as some great views of the moon shining on the sea

I'll try to find photos for you, but believe me any on that deck are great !

Hi Presto2

We have booked 8353 on Silhouette, could you confirm if the cabin is 3 in

or 4 in, from Sky Suites as there appears to be a mixup with Celebrity Book and website, we previously had this cabin on Solstice and it was 4 in

with a large balcony. We appear to be getting mixed messages from Celebrity emails and phone calls to them also.

Thanks

Hi Presto2

We have booked 8353 on Silhouette, could you confirm if the cabin is 3 in

or 4 in, from Sky Suites as there appears to be a mixup with Celebrity Book and website, we previously had this cabin on Solstice and it was 4 in

with a large balcony. We appear to be getting mixed messages from Celebrity emails and phone calls to them also.

Thanks

Hi, we think that if you were standing in the passage way looking towards the sea there was the Sky Suite, then 3 other cabins and then ours. We think, but we're not 100% sure as we didn't really go any further. I must admit, when we checked with the Solstice Cabin thread above we read that the bed was by the bathroom. On the Silhouette it was by the balcony (which did us a favour because we actually preferred this lay out anyway in the end!).

Must admit, on the last day we looked down from the Sunset Bar and we thought that some SV balconies looked bigger than others. (Every other one) Is that right do you know or is it just an optical illusion???? If they do vary in width then ours was one of the smaller ones not as you're saying a larger balcony.

I don't know if this helps much - will try to look through our photos to see what else we can see !

:D

Edited : NB: Have just checked some photos and it looks like we were 3 cabins in from the right and 5 from the left ----

Hello Presto2

Thank you for the information, yes we certainly had a large balcony on Solstice and last year on Equinox we were Deck 9 directly ontop of 8353

same size , both had beds by bathroom.

We booked Silhouette way back in April, the current books from Celebrity

shows 8353 being positioned as previous cruise, but to add to our

confusion websites show it as being at the end of the corridor of rooms

and a slightly smaller balcony, and the room numbers all mixed up:confused:

We are going back to travel agent on Saturday to arrange flights so

will have another word with them.

Thanks for your help

Mrs Blue Sky

I think the room you are looking for is room 8348. It is the fourth SV room from the Sky Suite on the Starboard side. It and 8355 have the larger balcony with 8348 being the larger of the two. We have this booked for our June 2012 med cruise!

Snow bunny

I think the room you are looking for is room 8348. It is the fourth SV room from the Sky Suite on the Starboard side. It and 8355 have the larger balcony with 8348 being the larger of the two. We have this booked for our June 2012 med cruise!

Snow bunny

What we see on our photos doesn't match up with what we see on a Solstice Deck Plan that's for sure ! Just to check - do 8355 and 8348 have beds by the bathroom as this would match up with us saying that the room arrangement was different. Thanks for confirming that we aren't going a little daft !

Just is case it is not obvious to everyone, the Silhouette has one extra cabin on each side, therefore the cabin numbers for the Aft section are different when comparing them to the other Solstice class ships. I apologize if this is obvious to everyone, but some of the questions/confusions lead me to believe that some people might think that the AFT number cabins can be compared. The number of Aft cabins is the same, but the numbers are different because of the extra cabin on each side.

Cabin 8348 is in the location of 8344 on the Solstic and 8855 is in the location of 8353 on the Solstice.

Just is case it is not obvious to everyone, the Silhouette has one extra cabin on each side, therefore the cabin numbers for the Aft section are different when comparing them to the other Solstice class ships. I apologize if this is obvious to everyone, but some of the questions/confusions lead me to believe that some people might think that the AFT number cabins can be compared. The number of Aft cabins is the same, but the numbers are different because of the extra cabin on each side.

Cabin 8348 is in the location of 8344 on the Solstic and 8855 is in the location of 8353 on the Solstice.

Ah, thank you -- oh well, it did us a favour as we preferred the lay out as it was rather than what we'd booked !!! Its probably less obvious to anyone who hasn't cruised with them before as the brochure still has the old deck plans on as if they were the same for each ship. Must be even more confusing for regular cruisers !

Ah, thank you -- oh well, it did us a favour as we preferred the lay out as it was rather than what we'd booked !!! Its probably less obvious to anyone who hasn't cruised with them before as the brochure still has the old deck plans on as if they were the same for each ship. Must be even more confusing for regular cruisers !

Could you please post your cabin review on the Solstice sticky. This would be very helpful information for other cruisers.

I was very confused as well. If you do a side-by-side comparison of all S-class ship deck plans - you will see that the aft cabin numbers on Silhouette are different than its predecessors. So what is cabin # 1208 on Eclipse is NOT in the same position as 1208 on Silhouette, therefore, using the (awesome) Solstice cabin spreadsheet will be off. Here is a picture of the aft section of the Silhouette - this may help you determine "where" your cabin is located!

http://www.depping-design.de/test/displayimage.php?album=163&pos=18

• 2 months later...
Is this not Solstice as when you click on the pic, it mentions Solstice.

I think it is and if it is then is different on the Silhouette. There are some pictures of the aft cabins on the Silhouette on the Everything Silhouette thread which are great.

Archived