Self disembarking in Venice & EasyJet

TMLAalum

We are spending our last cruise nite aboard our ship and Celeb has told our TA once we are cleared we can depart anytime, even the day we reach Venice, so we are good to go as early as we want since we will take our bags off ourselves.

We've booked an EasyJet flight to Paris that departs @9:15 the day we all leave the ship. Boarding opens @7:15. As I recall from prior EJ flights, it's a cattle call even though we've prepaid early boarding & bag fees, so I'd like to be there with time to checkin and grab a cuppa.

Now to my questions: What time should be be off the ship? What is the most expedient way to reach VCE on a Sunday morning? Anything else we need to be prepared for? Thanks!!!

I would suggest pre-booking transportation. You may be able to get a taxi easily, but you may not. If there are no "home port" ships in port, there may very well be no taxis there.

At least that is what we were told when Grand Princess was the only ship in port. The taxi's only come out in hordes when there is "home" ship in port.

Hopefully Cruisemom42 (I think) is the one that has the taxi number and she will post. Now that the search function isn't working, it's going to mean a lot more duplicate posts.

And be real careful with the weight of your bags, I think you will only be allowed 44 lbs on that flight on Easy Jet from Venice to Paris (unless it is part of your International Ticket).

And be real careful with the weight of your bags, I think you will only be allowed 44 lbs on that flight on Easy Jet from Venice to Paris (unless it is part of your International Ticket).

Good memory. For free: 20 kg (44 lbs) checked luggage. After that, fliers are charged a very hefty penalty: 12 Euro for each kg. over the limit.

Here's a link to a site with more details about size and weight restrictions including aggregating the weight of your luggage with a companion's luggage.

http://blog.flylowcostairlines.org/2011/04/28/easyjet-baggage-allowance-in-2011/

Be sure to heed the VERY STRICT EJ policy on carryons!!! It is ONE PIECE. Not, one plus personal. I saw lots of women getting dinged on this one at the airport in Pisa. They were getting charged a lot of money for having to check their carry on because they couldn't fit their purses in the carryon. It was the equivalent of US $73!!!

We'll definitely prebook a cab based on advice here. That 44 lb limit is tight, but WHOPEE- I paid for a package that includes an extra 24 oz in our checked bags per person in our group of 4 (86 kg total weight among us). We're pretty good packers and know to wear our heaviest clothing aboard so we should be okay. Plus I checked the dimensions of the carryon allowed and it seems to be the same standard as the US, which gives extra leeway for packing.

EasyJet definitely not as bad as Malev Airlines which doesn't issue boarding passes until you reach the checkin gate for your flight.The entry into Budapest's airport was filled when we arrived 2.5 hrs prior to flight time. No queues until you get to the zigzag lines- what a madhouse that was. AerLingus intra-Europe flights out of the Dublin airport no picnic either.

Venice Treviso airport is closed at the moment so EVERYONE is going through Marco Polo. Our airline has advised even extra time allowance needed to check in.

I think it was Marco Polo we went through last year. It was the most chaotic airport we've ever experienced so I would certainly agree that you need lots of time.

Print your boarding pass from easyjet web site; if you do so there is no need to wait in check in line; just drop off your bags. If you prepaid "speedy boarding" it'll allow you to board the plane first and grab seats together; no other benefit. Taxi ride from pier to VCE is about 25-30 min.

Archived