Fall 2011 Season of DWTS Formal Gowns

KandCsailing

Monday November 7. Brooke's dress is different, in a good way. It's a short, one shouldered, heavily sequined dress, in silver and black. I think it's supposed to be an animal print look.

I'm not at all liking what I can see of Carrie Ann's dress. From what I can see, it has a large X over the breast area. Her hair is ironed very straight with long bangs.

Brooke's dress isn't the best, but it isn't the worst either. I hate her hair. It is in a loose fish scale braid, braided to one side. I think it looks messy. The crazy thing is she looks soooo much better than Carrie Anne! That never happens.:eek: I hate the dress, the straight iron hair is too extreme, and the crazy feather bracelet on her arm is a mess.

I loved Hope's dress for her first dance. It was sooo pretty. I think it is funny that Maks is trying to behave himself tonight. It looks like someone told him to change his attitude and quickly. ;)

Poor Tristan. Nancy and her mouth seems to be a very hard partner. At some point, he must be hoping that they get voted off just so he doesn't have to deal with her anymore.

Oh geez, did not like Carrie Annes look at all last night, while to me Brookes outfit was just unforgetable. Hope costume was so cute, still nothing I would wear on a cruise.

Talking about Hope, the jive was the best I saw her dance ever, good job. But by far the best dance of the night for me was the waltz that Ricki did and to give Hope and Rob the same score as Ricki shows just how bad these judges have become. I felt the waltz was as close to perfection that a dancer can get.

Nancy, I appreciate how she has improved and I think she is giving it all her dedication but yes I hope her time has come. LOL, she must drive Tristin crazy!!

I was so happy for JR last night, all 10's, well deserved. I loved seeing the servicemen in the audience for him.

I really did not like Brooke's dress, the huge pattern and stiff shoulder lump. It was hard to tell with Carrie Ann's; I might have liked the shape of the dress, if I could have seen it better, but the color was awful--kind of mud-colored on my tv. I also thought her hair was too flat and harsh.

I did like Hope's dress, but it was a little too retro to wear on a cruise, at least for me. None of the other dresses would really work for a cruise without major alterations--too costumey.

JR and Ricki are just a big cut above the others. While Hope and Rob improved a lot, their scores seemed a little high. It's time for Nancy to go, for sure.

Kind of funny to see Maks in his new humble mode. Bet it doesn't last!

I've never seen Maks so gracious and humble, but the meaner Maks makes for better TV, so much so in fact, I still think his outburst was semi-scripted at the very least.

Hope was her best so far this season. In fact, I confess I did not think her capable of a jive such as the one she treated us to last night. She does seem to have caught fire last night. Also, her hair and make up made her look so pretty. I don't know what was different, but it really worked for her.

This just has to be Nancy Grace's last night or I will see it as outright evidence that the voters are voting for Tristan. I do hope he is well paid for the sacrifice this season seems to have been. I wonder how it would have gone down if Maks had been her partner. They might have come to blows. :D

What I didn't like about Carrie Ann's look last night was the blatant mismatch between her softly Grecian-style chiffon gown and her harshly sculpted hair style. The contrast was too great, plus it made no sense to me. I usually much prefer Carrie Ann's appearance to Brooke's. But each one has her fans.

It is in a loose fish scale braid, braided to one side.
That fish scale/fish tail braid seems to be the hot new hairstyle on the web lately. I didn't think it suited Brooke or the dress though.

IMHO, Bye Bye Nancy.

Pretty please with sugar on it! :D She causes me mental anguish to listen to and to watch dance. Every dance now ends with her smiling at the judges.

I did like Hope's dress, but it was a little too retro to wear on a cruise, at least for me. None of the other dresses would really work for a cruise without major alterations--too costumey.

I love retro look, but I don't really own any yet.

I thought Ricki's blue gown was very nice and a wonderful colour for her. The only thing wrong for me was that I didn't like the neckline on her. Loved her very pretty half-updo that went with it.

It was nice to see Hope looking so happy and relaxing during the instant jive. Her outfit was a weird combo though. The top had this Spanish Western feel going on, plus arm bands and then the black fringe pants with it?

Ding ding ding!! I know this one -- It's from "Peter Pan"! ("To cook a cake quite large, and fill each layer in between, with icing mixed with poison, till it turns a tempting green ...")

So what do I win? :D;)

I was going to give you a rhumba with JR, but his agent isn't returning my calls. SORRY!:p

I felt like my mother last night. I used to straighten my hair in the 1960s (remember the orange juice cans?) and my bangs would hang into my eyes. "How can you see??" my mother would wail. Now I get it after seeing Kerry Ann, although once the intial shock wore off it didn't bother me.

PLEASE let Nancy be voted off. I hope there isn't some "anti" voting that kept Master P on for longer than he deserved. It hurt my eyes to watch her jive, when the gold sequins weren't blinding me. I only kept it on to hear the song.

And if JR's agent does call me back, I'm keeping him, LOL. Wow. Talk about a complete package.

LOL, I think we all are in agreement here!!

I dont know what has happened with this costume designer. I own a few Randall gowns and love them but in the past few years they are just horrible! Even the gowns they are selling to the competition dancers has gotten "way out there"!!

While talking dance fashion... I always wear my hair up for competition as do most ladies. Last competition, somewhat inspired by the "do's" on DWTS I went with a half up half down, the down curls... OMG, after our warm up, not even yet competing, the curls completly fell out because of the lights and sweating and now I know why the comp ladies dont wear hair down... It was a disaster hair day for me!!

One more thing then I will go away!! My husabnd and I laugh whenever they make a big deal about the instant dance. We never know the music prior to competition. What we do know is the beats per measure and the routine is chorographed very similiar to what Karina did... It is done in pharses or sections and by count. I find it interesting that the stars are not taught to count music but are taught what to do in what piece of the music instead. If they were taught by count and lost thier place in the routine, they could pick it back up in a count....

Here is hoping at least JR, Ricki and Rob are left standing tonight. Hope or Nancy, dont really care.

Tuesday, October 8--Results Show:

Brooke is glammed up big time in an ivory or champagne gown with silver sequins in thin, figure-defining lines. The lines of sequins all converge from a design near the center of the bodice, tracing thin lines around the gown. The skirt flares gently out at about knee level and is full length. This is the type of gown one sees on red carpets.

Brooke is wearing her hair free and lon, lucky she is because she reveals plenty of bust tonight, so her long locks cover up a small portion of this boobage.

Carrie Ann looks terrific and I want her dress for my own.

No offense, but I've seen better legs on a piano and clomp clomp might be a pretty accurate description of her footwork!!:rolleyes:

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/dancing-with-the-stars-nancy-grace-eliminated-tristan/

Hope has finally caught on, and going to USC doesn't make you a good dancer!! JR & Lacy in the finals, and JR, got our votes, not for what he is or represents, as I'm a Vet and have a son in Iraq, but for how he can dance.:)

Brooke's dress and hair were very Hollywood glam--I liked it, even if still too tight. I couldn't see Carrie Ann's dress very well, but it looked great and like something I could actually wear on a cruise, and her hair was better, also

The right person certainly went home--it was past her time. It's got to be JR and Ricki in the finals, though, and I'm giving the edge to JR after Monday's show.

No offense, but I've seen better legs on a piano and clomp clomp might be a pretty accurate description of her footwork!!:rolleyes:

My sister said that Nancy's legs looked like uncooked turkey drumsticks. Not very nice, but rather true.

Hi, I missed the show again and I will be on a cruise next week:)

This was a good season for me to miss most of the shows........;)

I would rather be cruising for sure:)

Why did they keep putting her in short skirts. Something just above the knee would have been so much more flattering.

As someone who also has uncooked turkey drumsticks for legs, I hated the instant tango dress they made Nancy. Couldn't they think of a style more suited to her figure and age.

I don't know if the dancers and stars were on all local news, but out here in LA they were on several channels this morning, was interesting to hear them comment on all the teams left, all were very complimentary of each other. They all did say the Ricky really is competative and REALLY wants to win, even Max was nice .

Cori

I leave for vacation tommorrow so I wont find out who is eliminated, but at least I can see them dance.

While in the nail salon I read an article about JR in Peoples magazine, he really is such an amazing person. I did not know he was a star on the soups, since I dont watch them.

My goal, get all packed before 8 so I can watch the show!

Archived