Cabin 1400, Freedom of the Seas (my video)

Esmerelda

Ok, I'm a tad slow at posting this. This was from our 6/26/11 cruise on the Freedom. I had heard so many good things about these corner cabins on 10 and believe me, they were all true!

This was a fabulous D-1 cabin that was more the size of a Junior suite.

Enjoy...:)

Ok, I'm a tad slow at posting this. This was from our 6/26/11 cruise on the Freedom. I had heard so many good things about these corner cabins on 10 and believe me, they were all true!

My family of 4 stayed in that room on our cruise to W. Caribbean in 2008...huge room...bigger than a regular Junior Suite. My friends got the next 2 rooms (#1402 & 1404). Again, huge balconies but just the same room size like a regular oceanview balcony room...very crowded for a family of 4.

I had Liberty 1700, and the OP is lying. Miserable cabin. Way to far to walk to. You can hear the rumble of the engines if you listen really closely. At least once (OK, twice) I heard a bit of noise from the Windjammer above. Uh, hmmm, the extra space encouraged over packing. The balcony kept me from reading by the pool and meeting new people. And a whole lot more terrible stuff too nasty to tell.

Do not book these cabins! Leave them open, and possibly some previous occupants will be able to rebook out of nostalgia.

Is there a cabin like that on the Allure? I guess you'll pay a pretty penny for it huh? Is it considered a regular balcony? I have a D1 on the Allure

Unfortunately there is not any D1 on the Oasis or the Allure that has a bigger room size, but they are mostly located on the hump so you have a bigger balcony.

Thanks for posting this video! We LOVE this stateroom and have been fortunate enough to have gotten it twice :)

I don't think it is bigger than a Js, which has a huge walk in closet and bigger bathroom.Personally I hate aft cabins on anything larger than radiance class ships. I also would hate that pole. I have seen this cabin in person, and found that pole more offensive in person. Thanks for posting the video.

I don't think it is bigger than a Js, which has a huge walk in closet and bigger bathroom.Personally I hate aft cabins on anything larger than radiance class ships. I also would hate that pole. I have seen this cabin in person, and found that pole more offensive in person. Thanks for posting the video.

we had 1400 on our last freedom cruise. DH and I had our 16 yr old with us so we had plenty of room, however I was worried about the pole. Kept thinking one of us would walk into it in the middle of the night going to the bathroom.So I put a couple of those stick-um hooks on it and hung our robes on it. this way if we did bump it would hurt so much. I wonder if the hooks are still there? We also went before dry dock and had old balcony furniture. Much better stuff now. loved the size of the room and balcony. I didn't like the long walk but I needed it after all the desserts I ate.;)

I disliked that pole as well! Right in the middle of the room! But, be creative!! Hang up the towel animals on the pole so it could be like a climber for those cuties. Since I saved over $1000 for the 4 of us, I said bye to the JS that had a smaller "room" size (I didn't live in the closet nor used the bath tub so having them was not a plus for me :confused:). I chose to have my $$$, a larger room, a bigger balcony and healthier cruise style as I needed to walk more to get to everywhere on the ship.

I stayed on midship once and I disliked the lack of privacy as everyone walked past my room, peeked into my room when the attendants left the room door open when they did the cleaning and got waken up in the middle of the night when people went past my room, just talking out and laughing loudly. Even when I stayed in a JS on the Voyager, I chose one of those aft ones that had a huge balcony rather than those that had the BEST MIDSHIP location. It's just a personal choice!

• 2 weeks later...

Very excited to have an aft JS booked for the Freedom in a few weeks (1706) :) Just wondering about the walk in closet.....I think I read somewhere that it is not as big as the closet in JS's on the sides of the ship? Anyone have pics of an aft JS on Freedom class???

I had Liberty 1700, and the OP is lying. Miserable cabin. Way to far to walk to. You can hear the rumble of the engines if you listen really closely. At least once (OK, twice) I heard a bit of noise from the Windjammer above. Uh, hmmm, the extra space encouraged over packing. The balcony kept me from reading by the pool and meeting new people. And a whole lot more terrible stuff too nasty to tell.

Do not book these cabins! Leave them open, and possibly some previous occupants will be able to rebook out of nostalgia.

I totally agree, wcook! We've had this miserable cabin (1400 on the FOS) twice!!! I don't know why they keep sticking us with this cabin, lol. I hope no one else will book this total waste of space :p

We had 1700 on the Indy loved our cabin :)

I'm glad that everyone is enjoying the video. We truly loved it. Yes, it was a bit of a hike back there, but we had both lost 3 lbs each when we got off the ship. :eek:

The pole was never an issue. I was so afraid that one of us would walk right into it but after you are in the cabin for a few, you don't even notice it's there.

Karen, this was the only video I made. I will try to find some photos off the back if I can and post them.

:)