Carnival Spirit to Alaska - GREAT!

grak

I justed wanted to comment on how impressed I was with the Carnival Spirit experience on the inside passage trip August 16. I've been on Carnival and other cruises many times. The friendliness was outstanding. We had anytime dining and the waiter (different ones) made a point to find out our names and use them. Our room steward (Marlon - as in Brando) was friendly and answered any requests we had immediately! I was very impressed with the Spirit spirit!!!:D

I justed wanted to comment on how impressed I was with the Carnival Spirit experience on the inside passage trip August 16. I've been on Carnival and other cruises many times. The friendliness was outstanding. We had anytime dining and the waiter (different ones) made a point to find out our names and use them. Our room steward (Marlon - as in Brando) was friendly and answered any requests we had immediately! I was very impressed with the Spirit spirit!!!:D

Hi Grak, We sailed the Spirit to Alaska last September and i agree 100%, I loved the ship and the staff :D.

LeeLee

Love reading such nice things about the Spirit and its staff. We're taking our daughter and her husband on an inside passage cruise on the Spirit in May. It's really reassuring to feel we made a good choice for them and us.

A couple of other good things to mention - the on board naturalist (is that right???) (Michelle I think her name is) was so informative and kept us posted on whale sitings, dolphins, etc. We weren't able to to into Tracy Arm but went to Endicott Bay (they are equally beautiful - just different).

Each night in the MDR they had a fresh fish speciality that wasn't on the regular menu They have changed the menu a bit all to the good I think.

And to Zanydoc --- I was born and raised (many years ago) in Telluride CO!! Love the mountains!!

Grak - I was on that sailing and agree with you 100 %:):D

We may be booking an Alaska cruise for 2014. From the looks of it, they book very quickly, especially for balcony cabins. It also looks like most cruise lines send smaller ships, which tend to be older. That's my concern about Carnival and the Spirit since the older Carnival ships seem short on amenities. But if the price is so much better, it will be something to consider. For now, will probably go Princess. But you never know.

My husband and I did the Alaska cruise on the Spirit last August, simply wonderful. We hand an extended balcony cabin very nice. One thing I do suggest for anyone taking a cruise to Alaska don't forget to pack a hat and gloves (don't worry they do sell them on the ship). This is a cruise that words can not describe you need to experience it.

Just got back from the Spirit. Going to get a review together. I normally love Carnival but this was not that kind of experience. Only one of the people that were on our CC board had really good things to say about it. I was really disappointed with most things I have taken for granted. I have cruised with Carnival since the 80's as well as other lines and will still continue. I was just dissappointed unfortunately.

Just got back from the Spirit. Going to get a review together. I normally love Carnival but this was not that kind of experience. Only one of the people that were on our CC board had really good things to say about it. I was really disappointed with most things I have taken for granted. I have cruised with Carnival since the 80's as well as other lines and will still continue. I was just dissappointed unfortunately.

Would like to hear about your personal experience.

Sorry to hear that your cruise didn't meet your expectations.

We may be booking an Alaska cruise for 2014. From the looks of it, they book very quickly, especially for balcony cabins. It also looks like most cruise lines send smaller ships, which tend to be older. That's my concern about Carnival and the Spirit since the older Carnival ships seem short on amenities. But if the price is so much better, it will be something to consider. For now, will probably go Princess. But you never know.

We sailed last May on the Spirit and had a fantastic time. It was cheaper than some of the other cruise lines, but we had the attitude that you get what you pay for. Would we sail on the Spirit again? In a heartbeat!

We also had anytime dining (which I love for the convenience, but missed the waiters doing all the "corny" routines like dancing and singing). Did you ever have Noel as your waiter. He was such a card, always joking and making us laugh. We would laugh so hard everytime Noel would say "thank you"....it came at as "Thankkkkk yyyyyyooooouuuuuuu". As the week went on purpose, he would elongate the words even more to make us laugh harder. It was priceless to see him and our 21 year old DS try to imitate each other. The last night Noel told our DS to stand up, switched places with him, slide in to the booth, picked up the menu and started rattling off what he wanted to eat. It was goofy, but had us laughing. :p

A couple of other good things to mention - the on board naturalist (is that right???) (Michelle I think her name is) was so informative and kept us posted on whale sitings, dolphins, etc.

Wasn't Michelle great? She sat next to me on the bus from the port to Victoria and didn't know it was her at first. Hadn't seen her in person the whole cruise; only heard her on the speakers. We stated talking and she was soo nice in person. Told us about her back ground (which was very impressive). Gave us some pointers for Victoria and we actually ran in to her again at one of the local spots.

Hi Grak, We sailed the Spirit to Alaska last September and i agree 100%, I loved the ship and the staff :D.

LeeLee

I'm guessing we were on the same cruise then since it's the only one in Sept. Was the weather not AMAZING that week?

Spirit class ships are not that old or small, not like the Imagination or Fantasy class. Just my opinion but I think the Spirit class ships are just the perfect size & have good amenities. But the Spirit is being sent to Australia after next year, so for 2014 who knows which ship Carnival will have going to Alaska.

We were on the spirit at the end of July. I have to say, it was absolutely perfect. We loved every minute of that cruise. We had anytime dining, always asked for Noel's table, he was a joy every night. Our excursions were great, saw a ton of whales in Juneau, including bubble feeding. I could have taken that cruise again, immediately. Had a balcony and spent a lot of time on it, watching whales, taking pictures. Best trip of my life!

Hmmm...this would be the first negative post I've read regarding the Spirit Alaska trip.....can't wait.

But the Spirit is being sent to Australia after next year, so for 2014 who knows which ship Carnival will have going to Alaska.

Bet on it being the Splendor. osts way to much to get another ship to the west coast. For the record, been on both and loved both. (Splendor and Spirit)

Had an amazing trip on the Spirit in June. Weather was cold and wet, but it is Alaska, to be expected. It was still awesome.

Did anyone get to meet the bartender from the piano bar, Savio? Adorable and sweet. Dining room server Mr. B was also fantastic and made for a great trip for my family and I!

Hmmm...this would be the first negative post I've read regarding the Spirit Alaska trip.....can't wait.

There are quite a few negative things said about the spirit if you look at the reviews. I choose not to read much into them and see for myself. If you will look at my review you will see that I was not nit picking and enjoyed things on the cruise, but was disappointed in service this time. If you look at our roll call the same things are repeated in their posts. It is like a big city there are things that are good and things not so great and they change at any given moment.

I think that is why the ships are different and the itineraries vary. I was just giving my opinion on a specific sailing.

Archived