What have you learned and appreciate about cruising on Celebrity??

Rick-cruiser

...the pool towel policy made me feel like a suspected criminal. I know that sounds paranoid and irrational but having to stand in that long line and having to hand over my cruise card to check out a towel with a warning I'd be charged if not returned COMPLETELY rubbed me the wrong way. This is after 20 mins checking towels out and only to stand another 15 checking in = 35 minutes total for TOWELS...ridiculous!

...Thank you Celebrity for trusting me with your towels. :D

I actually did not know this about Royal Caribbean (guess it's all over the CC boards, I just didn't notice). Anyway we've been tempted by Allure/Oasis, but also a bit hesitant due to crowd/line factors -- this kind of thing would just add to that reluctance.

As an aside, that towel policy is more in line with what we experienced at an all-inclusive resort in Cuba. Our belongings were stolen from their beach chairs, and the hotel staff were very adamant about charging to replace the towels (must have been a "property of the State... egregious offense to the People" thing ;))

What do we appreciate about Celebrity? The more traditional, slightly more formal ambiance it offers, the absence of party-hearty revelers, consistently great service, good food, tastefully appointed ships that aren't floating amusement park or Vegas theme hotels wannabees.

What do we appreciate about Celebrity? The more traditional, slightly more formal ambiance it offers, the absence of party-hearty revelers, consistently great service, good food, tastefully appointed ships that aren't floating amusement park or Vegas theme hotels wannabees.

Excellent above summary. Hits many of my key points/views from our first sailing on Celebrity in mid June. I also liked the different speciality dining places. The MDR can get a little boring at times over a 12-day cruise and that variety, added options helps. Good mix of shows with the entertainment, speakers, etc. Very friendly, helpful staff. Appreciated that this ship was well-designed and built. From my live/blog you can see many more details about the Solstice and its well-designed features, class. Below are a few of my visuals that help illustrate part of what we like on the ship and with Celebrity.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Recently back from a June 7-19 Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 36,717 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

The Solarium was one of our favorite areas. Food and drinks were nearby and it was very relaxed and sophisticated. Quieter, too, as it is an adults only area. Two hot tubs here. Not crowded, especially in the evenings. Nice art and design with this facility. Wonderful setting for relaxing and watching the outside water/shore views, inside action.:

SolsticeSolariumSunnyDay.jpg

In the pool area, they have these water jets that put on a nice “show”, both to watch and/or for kids to play in.:

SolsticeKidsPool.jpg

This is a view of the library area on the tenth floor that overlooked the central, open core area of the ship. Not a great book selection here, but it is a nice-looking area with a quiet reading hideaway.:

SolsticeLibraryView.jpg

For entertainment in the Solstice Theatre, it was called “Solstice -- The Show” featuring a European-style dance, air acts, music, etc. Very dramatic and interesting as they swing, twirl and soar over the audience and stage. Here is one example of the “air show” put on by the show performers.:

SolsticeAirShowFinalTwo.jpg

This is a view looking up in the Solstice central lobby with a music group playing there. :

SolsticeLobbyUpView.jpg

This is a view of the main pool area. Love the sun and activities here.:

SolsticeMainPoolView2.jpg

I can verify the towel experience with RCI- very anoying- one feels to go down to ones knees to get a towel, not to forget that draggon of a female attendant behind the counter!

After my RCI cruise, which I enjoyed beside all the down turns, I decieded to stay with X. I love their Radiance Class of ships though, but- well all said!

Michael

TLCohio- those pictures are so great- thanks for posting - even when they set me on a imidiate cruise withdrawel...! LOL!"

Sorry to make you "suffer" so much with "cruise withdrawal" pain. Getting back to the real world after a cruise can be tough!!! Appreciate the nice comments on the pictures. It's been fun sharing these great sights.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Recently back from a June 7-19 Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 36,929 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

I agree with what the other posters have said. We are Elite and LOVE those perks. Also love:

Smoking policy

Very few announcements

Wonderful staff and crew - so friendly and helpful

Live music all over the ship - but miss the harp in the specialty restaurants on the M class ships.

Good value for the money - the best way for us old retired folks to get the most bang for the bucks.

Our first S Class cruise will be in November and we are booked in Aqua Class - can hardly wait for Blu!

But I do miss having a Catholic priest aboard. Just my three cents.

Archived