What have you learned and appreciate about cruising on Celebrity??

Rick-cruiser

What have you learned and appreciate about cruising? especially on Celebrity cruises??. Of the many things I've learned and come to appreciate on our cruises, these stand out as having the most impact:

- without a deluge of announcements, the PEACE i experience without cell phones, noise, distractions, etc.... being able to find a place to just relax, quietly, while reading a book or just closing my eyes, listening to the ocean...

- learning to go-with-the-flow when itineraries are changed last-minute due to weather or safety issues.. Sometimes you wind up at unique, non-touristy places that wind up being one of the most memorable stops of your cruise...

Please share what you've learned.

Rick

For all the reasons already stated and one that REALLY bugged me on my last Royal Caribbean cruise....pool towels!

Yes, the pool towel policy made me feel like a suspected criminal. I know that sounds paranoid and irrational but having to stand in that long line and having to hand over my cruise card to check out a towel with a warning I'd be charged if not returned COMPLETELY rubbed me the wrong way. This is after 20 mins checking towels out and only to stand another 15 checking in = 35 minutes total for TOWELS...ridiculous!

I know this is probably due to people leaving them in port or whatever but what's next, signing for stateroom pillows? Toilet paper allotments? They already have the shampoo/conditioner/body wash contraptions on shower walls. I didn't check but guessing artwork is bolted to walls as well. lol Come to think of it, it probably is but for stability reasons..

Oh well, thank goodness I had a balcony and was happy enough with stateroom towels. One time experiencing the Royal Caribbean pool deck towel exchange was enough for me...

Thank you Celebrity for trusting me with your towels. :D

I appreciate:

Ice Cream in the buffet

Hot Milk for my morning coffee

Un-scented detergents for the bedding and towels

Unobtrusive-professional waiters; esp. in the MDR

Housekeeping department

Lecturers

No smoking policies

Towels on lido deck

THE CARD placed on Lido Loungers to warn Cruisers that assorted place savers will be removed when left unattended. Bravo for enforcement!

-Maris

We have come to really appreciate so many of the things Celebrity offers...

The smiles and welcomes from the staff and crew; I truly think just about every staff or crew member we meet always makes it a point to say hello.

The friends we have made on our cruises, including fellow cruisers and the crew and staff.

The NO smoking policy.

The Elite breakfasts... we don't always go for those, but it is so nice when we do...a cappuccino is such a treat. Most of the Captain's Club staff are wonderful, and it makes for a quiet, peaceful start to the day.

Tuscan Grille. We really liked that restaurant... less formal than Murano's and the other specialty restaurants on the M-class, but the staff is wonderful, and the food is amazing... I could be done after the antipasto course and that focaccia bread! Our waiter, Mustafa, kept us all in stitches.

The Aqua Spa cafe for lunch... again, we don't always go there, but it is nice to have that to pick up something light and delicious for lunch.

And, of course, the Martini Bar and the staff that make our evenings there so memorable. :D I did miss the larger martini bar on the Constellation last March... I wonder if the powers that be will reconsider the relocation of that bar when they do the Solsticization of the other -class ships?

The specialty restaurants -- in particular Tuscan Grill and Qsine.

The price point -- I don't think there is a better value at sea for what you get. We also cruise Oceania for almost twice as much as I don't think we get twice as much in return.

The entertainment -- it is generally wonderful and forces us to stay up at night.

The service - it has been exceptional on all 3 of our Celebrity cruises.

The great music all over the ship -- with many opportunities to dance.

- Good quality food, and a nice choice of speciality restaurants on the new ships (even though you do have to pay a surcharge for them!)

- Affordable fares

- Great staff

- Consistent service

- Great perks for repeat passengers (elite in particular)

Can't wait for our next cruise in 5wks...:D:D

Celebrity is probably the best value at sea because its prices are very comparable, and frequently less, than other mass market cruise lines.

To give an example of what a bargain Celebrity is - we are paying more for a 5 night Disney Cruise that we booked with our daughter's family than we are for a 12 night cruise on Celebrity's Silhouette, which is a new ship. According to my daughter, as well as other people I have discussed this was, Disney is more upscale but I doubt that it is upscale enough to justify being almost three times as expensive, on a per diem basis, than Celebrity. I guess I will find out soon enough :)

I like Celebrity for:

1) The S Class - very classy ships

2) The nice little touches - drinks upon embarkation - cool towels when coming back from a port.

3) Fresh pancakes and waffles in the morning

4) THE SMOKING POLICY - one of the biggest reasons I am switching from RCCL.

We have been on Carnival and RCCL and what we really appreciated on Celebrity was the quality of the service everywhere. Not that the other two were slackers on service, Celebrity was just that much better. Yes, the food was better in the MDR, yes the no smoking policy means I can really enjoy my balcony and yes, I loved watching craftsmen at the hot glass show without someone trying to sell me something but it was really the service that made me take note on our cruise.

I have cruised over 10 times each on Carnival and Princess and once on RCCL and X.

I am beyond the party stage that the first 3 seem to think that needs to be 24/7.

I enjoy the elegance, and relaxed quite atmosphere that X has. The no smoking policy is the bonus.

The food, cleanliness, and service has been great on all the cruise lines and I can't find fault with any of them.

Entertainment seems to be a little better on the other lines but I don't like the constant loud bands playing all the time by the pools.

Unless something really changes I will keep sailing on X. It has what I enjoy in a cruise.

Bridge Maven-

I have been on 8 Disney cruises (my niece is an addict) and just completed my first cruise on Celebrity. While Disney is great--it is not worth the cost. I went to Hawaii for 2 weeks with Princess at less than half the cost of a week to the Caribbean on Disney (comparable cabin class), and the Princess service, food, etc. was comparable to Disney in every way.

Other than one Carnival cruise about 15 years ago, I have no experience with the other lines. After swearing off cruising 15 years ago, I have one thing that got me back into it and with Celebrity every year unless something changes. A great value for my vacation dollar. On land or sea, I have not been able to find a better value. There are many reasons I feel like Celebrity offers an unmatched vacation value. Here are a few.

1. No announcements over a loudspeaker.

2. Photographers aren't too pushy

3. A room attendant who let's me know he has been in the room by turning back my covers and offering a spotless retreat and not be leaving a towel folded as a monkey on my bed.

4. The food throughout.

5. The Martini Bar and the Wine Cellar.

6. Nice music throughout the ship.

7. No belly flop competitions.

I could keep going, but these are the highlights.

7. No belly flop competitions.

I could keep going, but these are the highlights.

Please keep going, I have not been on anything else but Celebrity and was considering doing one of the shorter "econ" cruises to get some of the work jitters out... belly flop contests? Really? Belly flop contests and loudspeaker announcements are not mixers with R&R.

Thanks for keeping it classy Celebrity. Maybe the upcoming 5 day Millenium cruise will fit the bill.

Bridge Maven-

I have been on 8 Disney cruises (my niece is an addict) and just completed my first cruise on Celebrity. While Disney is great--it is not worth the cost. I went to Hawaii for 2 weeks with Princess at less than half the cost of a week to the Caribbean on Disney (comparable cabin class), and the Princess service, food, etc. was comparable to Disney in every way.

Leo41, thanks for sharing your experience with Disney. The main reason why we booked a Disney Cruise is because my daughter and son in law have been on a number of different cruise lines and like it best. Since this will be a three generation cruise with our grandchildren, we are more concerned with what is best for this type of situation than cost. Even though I think Celebrity is a good cruise line for us when we are traveling alone or with another couple, I don't think it is a good cruise line for three generation cruises.

I have cruised over 10 times each on Carnival and Princess and once on RCCL and X.

I am beyond the party stage that the first 3 seem to think that needs to be 24/7.

I enjoy the elegance, and relaxed quite atmosphere that X has. The no smoking policy is the bonus.

The food, cleanliness, and service has been great on all the cruise lines and I can't find fault with any of them.

Entertainment seems to be a little better on the other lines but I don't like the constant loud bands playing all the time by the pools.

Unless something really changes I will keep sailing on X. It has what I enjoy in a cruise.

I disagree with your thoughts that Princess is a "Party Line"

Bob

just my opinion

Leo41, thanks for sharing your experience with Disney. The main reason why we booked a Disney Cruise is because my daughter and son in law have been on a number of different cruise lines and like it best. Since this will be a three generation cruise with our grandchildren, we are more concerned with what is best for this type of situation than cost. Even though I think Celebrity is a good cruise line for us when we are traveling alone or with another couple, I don't think it is a good cruise line for three generation cruises.

We also chose another cruise line for a 3 generations cruise. As we wanted to go out of NY, we chose NCL. Our grand daughters, ages 7 and 12 loved it! Our son and his DW enjoyed it so much they are going to Bermuda from NY in Oct. on NCL. DH and I wouldn't chose NCL for ourselves, but this cruise (to celebrate our 40th anniv.) was for the entire family, and proved to be a good choice.

Archived