How does HAL celebrate Halloween on-board?

Travel_Lover28

We have been on several Halloween cruises.

A couple ships didn't do much off anything.

Some ships had the dining room decorated -- a couple of the bars were decorated.

There was a costume party -- started around 10:30 -- prizes given for various reasons.

Most recently one ship had a pub crawl.

Last time we sailed on Halloween, they had a fun party in Crows Nest with a costume competition. While we didn't wear costumes, we enjoyed the party. :)

It was to have been a formal night but they cancelled it so anyone who wished to wear their costumes the whole evening could.

We will be on board the Westerdam on October 31, how does Holland America celebrate Halloween on board? Will there be a costume party? Will the ship be decorated?

Travel_Lover -- why don't you join us on our Westerdam Roll Call? It hasn't been super busy, but we're organizing a Meet & Greet. Here's the link -- http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1349160&page=4

The last 2 pages have most of the M&G discussions.

Linda:)

I was on the Zuiderdam and my children went trick or treating with Club HAL around the ship. Their first stop was with the captain and then on to various spots like the gift shops and guest services.

How cute! Kids must hate to be away from home on Halloween (think of the haul they're missing!), so it was nice of the ship to give them a memorable trick-or-treat.

I never have seen one recognized, Maybe on some specific cruises from some specific American ports where when high familly # were aboard...

:cool:

But Hey Oct 31 is in the middle of a the school year... why would there be children out of schoolat that time????

I never have seen one recognized, Maybe on some specific cruises from some specific American ports where when high familly # were aboard...

But Hey Oct 31 is in the middle of a the school year... why would there be children out of schoolat that time????

It's the end of the first quarter of school and they have 2 days off for teacher conferences. That's why we are doing it again this year!

Home schooled!!

Many of the children in our neighborhood are taught by their parents -- they can choose when they want to vacation as long they they follow the school plan that was outlined before the regular schools opened.

Archived