The Geek Family Goes Cruising - Valor 8/21-28 Western Caribbean

megmno

Thanks for the kind words. I had a lot of fun writing it. I kept a little notebook to jot down a few words at the end of each day, which helped me remember things. I wish I had made more notes, though, like about what we had for dinner etc.

There were some guys on stilts in front of Tulum, wearing Mayan costumes. They were pretty cool.

I really enjoyed every bit of your review and pictures. The "dead wino" in the back comment had me laughing out loud like an idiot. Thanks for taking the time to write this! (and I hope you made it thru Irene okay - we were without power for 6 days!)

Always, always, always pack a few sheets of bubble wrap and a couple of plastic bags in your luggage just in case you buy something that could break and/or soil the contents of your luggage! :cool::rolleyes:Better yet, next time drive to Manhattan and take a cruise on the Miracle! :D Sorry the return trip was so stinky, but thanks so much for sharing this. I had a lot of fun with you! ;)

After checking out our rooms we set off to get something to eat and explore the ship. The Valor has the usual Carnival enthusiastic design. If you enjoy Las Vegas style decor you will like the public areas on Carnival ships. If you don't, then not so much....

I happen to be amused by goofy looking stuff, like this:

New%252520camera%252520071.jpg

Really, bananas??? Why??

For the most part the ship is lovely, especially when it's not crowded, as it wasn't during embarkation:

FYI: the bananas is there because i believe they are recreating Josephine Baker who was famous for her banana dance. She had them wrapped around her waist as in the statue in the pic. Josephine Baker was a famous singer/dancer in the 1920s. Interesting life she had.

I never been on the Valor but i betcha this statue was around some type of Lounge?:)

I tend to eat light in the morning, and since this was actually Second Breakfast, I decided to have fruit and yogurt

OMG Second Breakfast is such "Geeky" LOTR reference!!!

I love the GeekFamily! I am a fellow geek reading your review from my geeky computer tech job! LOL

Thanks so much for your review and all the great pictures. We went on this cruise in February of this year and loved it!! We came home and booked our next cruise for February of 2013, we are doing the southern caribbean cruise then. We are doing a land trip to Aruba in 2012 but reading all of these reviews makes me sad we are not doing a cruise instead. We love cruising. Thanks again geek family!!! :):):p:p;)

FYI: the bananas is there because i believe they are recreating Josephine Baker who was famous for her banana dance. She had them wrapped around her waist as in the statue in the pic. Josephine Baker was a famous singer/dancer in the 1920s. Interesting life she had.

I never been on the Valor but i betcha this statue was around some type of Lounge?:)

Yes, it was by the Paris Hot lounge. Someone earlier posted the Wikipedia entry about her - she sounds fascinating.

I tend to eat light in the morning, and since this was actually Second Breakfast, I decided to have fruit and yogurt

OMG Second Breakfast is such "Geeky" LOTR reference!!!

I've always thought Hobbits have the right ideas about how to enjoy life.:)

Thanks for your review. I really enjoyed it. We are sailing the Valor next October to Aruba. I sailed some of your ports on the Dream last year and am thrilled to see Yellow inner tubes ( read NON-latex) on the cave tubing adventure. We will someday go back to Belize and Hubster wants to cave tube. I am allergic to Latex and up until now could not go cave tubing. I am thrilled to see that your excursion was Latex free!

Archived