Has Princess got it very wrong?

Armchair Cruiser

I'm also hoping this does not happen on the Ocean Princess. In French Polynesia sunset is at 6 so if they change our seating to 5:30, I won't get to see a single sunset :(. Plus for us with a 5 hour time shift 6pm seating is like 11 pm at home. Usually we do late seating but eating at the equivalent of 1:15am does not sound fun to me!

[quote name='aussie57']On Princess ships based in Australia - Sun, Dawn & Sea Princess there is NO anytime dining. Our options are 5.30pm or 8.15 traditional dining only. This thread is about the early dinig time of 5.30pm in the height of summer in a port intensive itinerary.[/quote]
On our recent cruises on the Sun Princess, dinner on port days where departure was fairly late (after 5pm or so), they had "open sitting" for dinner (similar to lunch time). I hope they have this on your cruise. I think it is up to the Maitre d'.

[quote name='Aus Traveller']On our recent cruises on the Sun Princess, dinner on port days where departure was fairly late (after 5pm or so), they had "open sitting" for dinner (similar to lunch time). I hope they have this on your cruise. I think it is up to the Maitre d'.[/QUOTE]

Yes I remember open sitting and a slight relaxation about jeans in the dining room at night when we had a long day on shore It is good that Princess take this into account

[quote name='Armchair Cruiser']
Yesterday, a Customer Services Representative advised that the decision was made for "operational" reasons.

I think the term "operational reasons" is used by all the cruise lines whenever there is a change made. I have seen it used more when a port has been dropped for "operational reasons".

Sounds kind of silly, but while 5:30 is a bit early for me, 6:00 is better. You dont actually get served anything till 6:20, so thats almost an hour later. I am hungry at that time, and oddly, if I waited till late seating, I will have no appetite left. Hmmm, sounds like a plan to lose a little weight.

Whether it's operational may be a question but my DW and I always eat at 5:30 unless we are coming back from an excursion. This is the time we eat even at home. So I see no problem with it. Let's us get to the first show time.

Archived