Heald: New Loyalty Program

happy cruzin

Me, too! My menopause brain is hit and miss. It helps me recall when, what ship, what room type. :D

Amen sister....

surgical menopause is even worse.....

some mornings I can't remember my own name!! :eek:

LOL.....I say that I suffer from "part-timers". I only remember "part" of the time :rolleyes: ;)!

I too started my signature list as a way to have all of the sailing in one place for easy reference. Because it was getting difficult to remember them - in the correct order! :o AND because when I joined CC - I was careful to answer questions about ships I had sailed. I wanted posters to be able to see that I had expereince on that ship. ;)

Or you could be suffering from halfheimer's... ;)

Tom

I agree with he poster who thinks it is an impulse to get to Platinum before the new requirements kick in. I did the same thing....going 3 times on the Sensation in December so I could get my 10th cruise in.

They are Grandfathering in the people who are Platinum before the new requirements. I think John Heald said it would be the 1st of March.

As far as the flying in, that is almost half the cost of the cruise itself.

One of these days I am going to get up the nerve to drive to a port from Indiana.

Melanie

If Carnival goes to 225 days to achieve the

next status, I for one will more then likely

stop cruising with Carnival. I have currently

been on seven Carnival cruises, will be retiring

soon, and then will be going on 3-4 cruises per year.

Looks like none will be on Carnival, except for

the one I currently have scheduled.

They have to have some sort of program that can be

reached in say five to ten years. If they go to 225 days

it will take most people 20-25 years to meet

there new criteria.. Does not exactly endear me to Carnival!

JMHO

It seems to me that some of the changes made on other lines have hurt one set of cruisers but helped another - balancing the act between number of cruises vs. number of days.

What is seems to me, though, is that the proposed Carnival changes aren't helping anybody. Carnival doesn't have the super-long cruises that other lines do, so there's not as much of an advantage to switching to days as there is on other lines. The proposed plan just looks to be an excuse to increase the requirements across the board. From what I can tell, no one is really benefiting from these changes, as Carnival doesn't offer the 9+ day cruises year-round like other lines do. When the other lines went to the days structure, those who benefited were the ones who took the 9+ day cruises. If they're making the current platinum 75 days - who does that REALLY help? Unlike on other lines, it helps no one, because no Carnival cruiser has spent a majority of their time on the 9+ cruises.

That being said, something does need to be done, as the platinum ranks are filling up quickly. Let's face it, the top tier should not be easily attainable. That also being said, though, I think 75 to 225 is a tough jump - it would take 22 7-day cruises to get to the next level? That's too much. 225 days is fine for a top level, but there needs to be something in between, or people are going to think it's completely unattainable and just try something else instead of working towards that next level.

I think changes need to be made, but I think they're going a bit exteme on this one.

RCCL makes you Platinum at 30 cruise days. Carnival will make the 25 cruise days the Platinum level. RCCL's next meaningful level is at 80 cruise days. Carnival will have a similar level at 75 cruise days (like current Milestone).

Anything else should make every one of you who own Carnival stock sell because it would be a stupid business decision and one that the leading cruise company is not likely to make.

RCCL use to be Platinum after only five cruises. Now it is 30 days.

For Carnival do existing Platinum passengers become tier two or tier three. If they become tirer two with the usual Platinum perks what would the tier three perks be? It seems bad for the people who would sail on their Platinum cruise a month after the new system goes into effect. Since the proposed system is based on points. What would earn bonus points? A suite, a back to back, one point per cruise?

... Since the proposed system is based on points. What would earn bonus points? A suite, a back to back, one point per cruise?

Nothing has been floated regarding any method for earning extra points. To me, it makes sense to add extra points for booking a particular category or higher -- but I am not so sure they will do that. Time will tell!

Tom

By March 11,2012 I should have 223 days at sea so when I hit 225 plus I would jump to the next tier and then what would change?

gary

$64,000 questions!

Besides.. If John said (and I don't recall him doing that.. but I don't read his blog very often) that March 1st would be the start date for the new program. Don't count on it. There are issues with deadlines being met...

Tom

It seems that a lot of people think the new tier is at the bottom and I feel that it will be at the top, where I think it needs to be.

The first tier shows 1 - 24 cruise days so there is nothing that currently relates directly to that except the current Gold since the Blue card gets you nothing. Maybe there will still be a Past Guest party.

If the second new tier is 25 - 74 days then that can correlate to the current Platinum since you can do 10 three day cruises for 30 days to meet that.

If the third new tier is 75 - 224 days than that can correlate to the current Milestone since you can do 25 three day cruises for 75 days to meet that.

If the new second and third tiers are as I think, then there is no need to grandfather in anyone since if you're at that level, you've already accumulated the minimum number of days needed.

Currently, there is nothing beyond Milestone and I think that is what the new fourth tier will be since that would be equivalent to 75 three day cruises or 32+ seven day cruises.

There needs to be something beyond the current Milestone since the perks are the same as the Platinum level, except for the four actual Milestone cruises - 25, 50, 75, and 100.

I haven't seen John mention March, or any other date, but he is having a meeting with the "beards" to talk about the new loyalty program and on his Facebook page he is asking for what questions you want him to ask. He will pick 12 of those and get back to us.

Since none of us really knows what perks each tier will have, this is all pure speculation and we have to wait and see.

By March 11,2012 I should have 223 days at sea so when I hit 225 plus I would jump to the next tier and then what would change?

gary

by Feb'12..so no new incentive for me..but working on my 50% off cabin cost for one thatz worth while. packing for # 37 as we speak.

When I had my 25 cruise I got 25 percent off on the cruise rate wich was pretty good but my 24 cruise I had a cabin on deck 6,a wrap around balcony in the back of the ship. That was one of the true up grades in 28 cruises. So it will be interesting what perks will a guest have with 225 plus sea days.

Besides.. If John said (and I don't recall him doing that.. but I don't read his blog very often) that March 1st would be the start date for the new program. Tom

No date has been given, not on the Blog or his FB page. I read them both.. Alot..To much, LOL! The closest I have seen to any date was maybe by "mid 2012". And as with you. I will believe it when I see it. They started saying this in atleast early 2009 and definately before August of that year. The reason I know as I made sure my dd got to platinum so she would be grandfathered in. And her platinum cruise was August of 09. And nothing has changed...:rolleyes:

The first tier shows 1 - 24 cruise days so there is nothing that currently relates directly to that except the current Gold since the Blue card gets you nothing. Maybe there will still be a Past Guest party.

If the second new tier is 25 - 74 days then that can correlate to the current Platinum since you can do 10 three day cruises for 30 days to meet that.

If the third new tier is 75 - 224 days than that can correlate to the current Milestone since you can do 25 three day cruises for 75 days to meet that.

Then if this is what will be the new system, I'm already Platinum with 38 days, if we do another cruise in Nov. But will it be the same benefits as Platinum in the old program?? My husband just turned Platinum on our lasted cruise.. I loved by passing the lines, just that along makes it great.

That being said I cruise Carnival for what they provide. But it would be nice for me to get to Platinum before they make the change. So for me to do my 10th cruise, I would have to do it before March 1st "if" that is the date.

Guess we will find out sooner or later.

If you became Platinum by taking shorter cruises then I am happy for you. To be upset its just jealousy or plain bitter envy.

Enjoy your 2,3,5...10 days cruise as you please.

Exactly. I know if you divide our S&S bill up by days, we spend more on our shorter 3-day cruises than we do the 7-dayers. Not sure why, but we always spend more. Whether I take ten 3-day cruises or ten 7-day cruises or ten 15-day TAs, I am making a choice TEN times to be loyal to CCL, and they should be loyal to me. Days has nothing to do with it.

The new loyalty program will not make everyone happy. some people will get an upgrade to the next level and some people will be in the "donut hole" and get screwed. Carnival can't make everyone happy because there are a number of stories of where past guest think they should be placed in the new system. For "Me" I will see where I fall and if the next level..... "Milestone" and the new perks are to many cruises away I'll try other cruise lines.

leedm:o:o:o:o:p

Then if this is what will be the new system, I'm already Platinum with 38 days, if we do another cruise in Nov. But will it be the same benefits as Platinum in the old program?? My husband just turned Platinum on our lasted cruise.. I loved by passing the lines, just that along makes it great.

That being said I cruise Carnival for what they provide. But it would be nice for me to get to Platinum before they make the change. So for me to do my 10th cruise, I would have to do it before March 1st "if" that is the date.

Guess we will find out sooner or later.

Is March 1st, the change date? My 10th cruise is March 4th....:( What will that do to me ?

Charleyann

Is March 1st, the change date? My 10th cruise is March 4th....:( What will that do to me ?

Charleyann

No date has been announced - to my knowledge.

But - I do know that Carnival has been hinting to changes to the loyalty program for over 2 years - and nothing has happened yet . Who knows when - or even if - any changes will actually happen......:rolleyes:

Would you believe this post is now 14 pages long and the only thing to be learned are the 4 loyalty day counts which may or may not be official and finalized. Of course, that all depends on the publication of the terms which may or may not be published some time in the early part of next year. I hope I cleared up the matter for every one.

Charleyann

If I were you, I would count up the days you currently have to see how far away you are from 75. If it is quite a bit, you might want to monitor this situation to see how it develops, and when they do announce a date, and if you will miss it for your 10th cruise, I would consider jumping on a quick weekend one if it is available to you at a reasonable price. JM2C

For me, I don't think I can squeeze another 12 cruises between now and March to get to the Milestone level, so I'll just enjoy my platinum perks and be happy.

Archived