Seattle Pier 91 Wine Store Location??

John Cruise

I don't know for sure but I don't think so. Pier 91 is pretty isolated and somewhat difficult to navigate in and out if you don't know where you are going. Even cab drivers have trouble and it has been open at least two years. Hopefully, a Seattle resident will respond to your question.

As the previous poster indicated, there aren't retail shops in that area. It's a shipping/industrial area. My sister and I found the best wine prices at the IGA Kress grocery store in downtown Seattle.

Roz

I don't know for sure but I don't think so. Pier 91 is pretty isolated and somewhat difficult to navigate in and out if you don't know where you are going. Even cab drivers have trouble and it has been open at least two years. Hopefully, a Seattle resident will respond to your question.

Now I don't feel as bad, since even though our hotel had a Stay-Park-Cruise package, we still missed the turnoff to the pier, and wound up in Ballard. Had to use the cell phone GPS to get to the ship.

Although it's not exactly right there, a Whole Foods ("whole paycheck???") is about 2 blocks north of the entrance to Pier 91. It would be a schlepp of a walk however. They have a great selection of wines.

There's also a Trader Joes right next to Whole Foods and if you get more into the area around the SPace Needle there's a Safeway (same as VOns for some of you folks in other regions), a QFC (slightly higher end) and a Metropolitan Market (higher end). Those are all on Mercer within a stone's throw of Key Arena.

There's also a liquor store (yes hard alcohol is not allowed but a large wine variety) around the corner from Metropolitan Market and Safeway.

There's plenty of choices. If going by cab just ask them to stop by a grocery store that has a decent wine selection and to please wait while you go in (HAVE A GAME PLAN OF WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR to minimize taxi costs) :)

Archived