CC balcony w/o overhang on "S" class

jimmy2x

We are looking at the Eclipse for a 14 day in 2013. As such we are far enough out that the cabin selection is still very large. Previously we did a CC on the Summit and while the cabin was fine, I disliked the overhang as it cut out so much of the sky view.

It is my understanding that any cabin on Deck 10 (Resort) will have the overhang. Are there any CC cabins (not aft) that you can get w/o the overhang? If so are you partially covered, completely covered, or completely open to above decks?

I'm sure this is a weird question to many of you, but it IS important to us.

Thanks.

Hi Jimmy2x,

I have a CClass cabin booked with a sister Solstice Class Ship to the Eclipse for a cruise in January... we have a mid-ship cabin... and it is my understanding that the "overhang" doesn't effect Deck 10 (Sky)... but rather Deck 11 (Penthouse) as the Resort Deck is # 12.

Cheers!

We are looking at the Eclipse for a 14 day in 2013. As such we are far enough out that the cabin selection is still very large. Previously we did a CC on the Summit and while the cabin was fine, I disliked the overhang as it cut out so much of the sky view.

It is my understanding that any cabin on Deck 10 (Resort) will have the overhang. Are there any CC cabins (not aft) that you can get w/o the overhang? If so are you partially covered, completely covered, or completely open to above decks?

I'm sure this is a weird question to many of you, but it IS important to us.

Thanks.

Is there some reason you are set on having a CC cabin on the Eclipse? In my view, they aren't worth the premium. They're the same size as all the other balcony cabins. At least on the M class you get a bigger cabin when you book CC. I recently sailed on the Eclipse and we booked a 1A on the slant which had a triple size balcony. The balcony was great!

I haven't been on a Solstice class yet, but from deck plans and photos, it appears to me that while deck 10 is further away from the affected areas of the 'overhang' than deck 11, you still might be slightly reduced in sky visibility somewhat. The other area of deck ten that would not be affected at all is the forward end, before the deck narrows down....

If you want a cabin that is wide open then get an aft cabin. All the aft cabins, except for the top deck of them, are 2/3 completely open to the sky. You won't even have the normal covering/ceiling from the deck above except for 1/4 to 1/3 of the veranda. The rest is completely uncovered.

Just confused........What is overhang vs. covered????????????

What is probably meant is that most 'average' verandas are covered by the veranda above it. Some of the aft ones, have less than full coverage due to the 'tapered' back of the ship. On the other hand, some on deck 11 and 12 are more than fully covered, since the deck above is cantilevered out even further than the verandas are.

Just confused........What is overhang vs. covered????????????

What is probably meant is that most 'average' verandas are covered by the veranda above it. Some of the aft ones, have less than full coverage due to the 'tapered' back of the ship. On the other hand, some on deck 11 and 12 are more than fully covered, since the deck above is cantilevered out even further than the verandas are.

Archived