I am disappointed about Dream already

cingroomer

Even my worst cruise was better than not going at all. If you focus on the negative, that's what you're gonna get. I always go in happy and excited to be traveling, and anything bad that happens just seems so miniscule.

It's a Fun Ship. GO HAVE FUN! :cool:

Really you have to take reviews with a grain of salt IMHO. If you believe every thing you read you would never go, stay or eat anywhere . It seems a lot of people gets upset over the one thing and then slam the entire thing , for example we are stayin in the Sheraton Old San Juan , half the people love it the half seem to hate it , I have stayed there twice never a problem , food places seem to be the same one bad waiter can get bad reviews for a good place. I feel cruise ships can be the same thing , some people just live to slam things IMHO.

"I am disappointed about Dream already "

Don't want to be mean but seriously, what kind of attitude is that? :confused:

You're upset because you read some bad reviews? As others have said, go with an open mind.

I'm betting you will have a great time.

Let's see...

You'll be celebrating your anniversary.

You'll be on a cruise ship.

What's not to like? ;)

Seriously, though, ignore the naysayers and go have the time of your life! I always get tickled about people who complain about lines. I mean, you're on a ship...what's the big hurry? Do the people who write these things never ever ever have to wait in line for a few minutes at land-based buffets or movie theaters or the ATM? Last I knew, there was no *prize* for being first in line. :D

"Sure, the ship has its hiccups, but if you're well read on those issues, you'll know how to completely avoid them."

I dont know about the rest of you but when I board a ship I dont want to worry about avoiding issues. I think the above statement sums it up pretty well. I for one will never go on the Dream. Just my nickle.

"I am disappointed about Dream already "

Don't want to be mean but seriously, what kind of attitude is that? :confused:

You're upset because you read some bad reviews? As others have said, go with an open mind.

I'm betting you will have a great time.

I think its because I've played it up so big in my mind and have been waiting for so long, and so many bad things have happened in my life in the meantime, that I don't want any disappointment, but everyone here has set my mind at ease.

I think its because I've played it up so big in my mind and have been waiting for so long, and so many bad things have happened in my life in the meantime, that I don't want any disappointment, but everyone here has set my mind at ease.
I got to tell you, now you're making me nervous.;)

You may experience a small disappointment.

In fact there is a good chance of it. So what. Overall you will have a good time.

Don't mean to be trite but life is what you make it. Best wishes.:)

I got to tell you, now you're making me nervous.;)

You may experience a small disappointment.

In fact there is a good chance of it. So what. Overall you will have a good time.

Don't mean to be trite but life is what you make it. Best wishes.:)

Oops. sorry. When I get back I'll write my trip report. LOL

My expectations aren't huge. Food that is pretty good, some good entertainment, strong drinks and relaxation is all I'm looking for. If I could tolerate that Disney cruise (I had to go for work) I'm sure this will one certainly excel.

We sailed on the Dream the end of July and had a fantastic cruise. Ignore the posters on here who have an agenda....if you read CC enough you see who they are....95% of their posts are negative. We had no complaints whatsoever about the ship or the service or the food. I think we'd like to do a b2b east/west cruise on her sometime soon. Have a great cruise!!! :)

We have sailed on Dream three times so far and have a 4th scheduled. Have all our cruises been perfect? No! Our first week in April was a spring break cruise and it was definitely not our favorite on there. Did you notice that the bad reviews are mostly over the summer? The ship is sailing with every possible berth full. With more people, of course the ship will be more crowded.

If you go at school time, there will be fewer people (more cabins with 2 people as opposed to 3 or 4) Also, with a lot of people onboard, no matter what time of year, a little planning goes a long way. Most people go to the WJ about 9 or a little later. So, go earlier or late or better yet go to breakfast in the dining room. The same applies to lunch. If you go at noon, of course it's going to be crowded. How hard is it to go earlier or later to avoid the worst part of the crowds?

If you go with the attitude that you will have a wonderful cruise, that's what you will have. If you go expecting to have a lousy time, that's your problem, lol. I don't have any problem sailing on Dream again and if I paid attention to the reviews, we probably would have never gone the first time.

I guess the most important things are sail when kids are in school and have a little patience. With those two things, your cruise will be wonderful.

Oops. sorry. When I get back I'll write my trip report. LOL

My expectations aren't huge. Food that is pretty good, some good entertainment, strong drinks and relaxation is all I'm looking for. If I could tolerate that Disney cruise (I had to go for work) I'm sure this will one certainly excel.

Say Hey to "Cage the (Towel) Elephant" for us! (can't post a pic but a crew staff dressed as a big towel elephant...better than friendship freddie):)

I havent been on the Dream. I would LOVE to try that ship. Dont let all the "Debbie Downers" bring your hopes down. There are some very negative people that thrive on negativity. Everyone's experience is different. Go there, have fun, celebrate your anniversary with a big smile. :)

We just got off the Dream last Saturday and had a great time. We have never had an easier embarkation or debarkation. We were off the ship at 6:30 am. We went and picked up our rental car, then were fortunate to be able to watch a rocket launch from NASA. The ship was very clean, and we really enjoyed the comedy club. Four different comedians during the week, and the comedy club host was very funny himself. Butch the CD was very energetic and his staff was good also. We enjoyed the shows in the main theater. The food was very good, tried the Didja items and enjoyed them. I can't imagine why you won't have a great cruise on this ship. This was our 17th cruise and it was right at the top of all of them in terms of enjoyment and satisfaction.

Mike

I haven't even left for my cruise and I've read so much bad about the Dream that I am sorta not even looking forward to it now. We've booked a spa suite for our anniversary and I was so excited up till today.

Has anyone had any good luck on the Dream. This is our first time on ship this big, normally its the smaller ones, Inspiration, Fascination, that fleet. Its our 6th Carnival cruise.

I picked this ship because of all the Serenity area and the Therassotherapy Pool and Steak house (which we already have ressies in). I also opted for open dining since we had always done the late dining in the past but were ready to eat earlier but didn't want to take a chance that we weren't ready.

I also don't see any late night buffets on this one and that was another reason for the opening dining. Eating late, we were never hungry for the buffet.

Any good words about the Dream?

It seems you only choose to read the not so positve reviews so you can feel negative about the cruise. Try reading all the positives reviews and hopefully you will feel better about your cruise.

I haven't even left for my cruise and I've read so much bad about the Dream that I am sorta not even looking forward to it now. We've booked a spa suite for our anniversary and I was so excited up till today.

Has anyone had any good luck on the Dream. This is our first time on ship this big, normally its the smaller ones, Inspiration, Fascination, that fleet. Its our 6th Carnival cruise.

I picked this ship because of all the Serenity area and the Therassotherapy Pool and Steak house (which we already have ressies in). I also opted for open dining since we had always done the late dining in the past but were ready to eat earlier but didn't want to take a chance that we weren't ready.

I also don't see any late night buffets on this one and that was another reason for the opening dining. Eating late, we were never hungry for the buffet.

I hope that you go and come back with RAVE reviews of the spa suite and steakhouse! We are going in Nov and have the same m/o as you do (spa suite, 25 year aniv., steakhouse res.). I would certainly not let any of the "bad" reviews bum you out... esp. before you have even stepped foot on the ship. Expect that you will have a good time, and you WILL have a good time :) There are ways to get away from people and steer clear of the rush about times. As for food, don't forget you can always call on room service! Let us know how it goes when you get back... ENJOY!!

I had a wonderful time on the Dream--for 12 days. If anything was going to go wrong it would have gone wrong on the very first cruise. We had the time of our lives.

Don't let others' issues become yours. Take them as information but not the final word. You will most likely kick yourself for worrying when you get on board.

We just got off the Dream 3 weeks ago and had a fabulous time. She really is a beautiful ship! Many of the common complaints that worried me before this cruise were unfounded. Lines were no worse than any other cruise I have taken, "The Smell" was nowhere to be found (and i was looking for it LOL!) and the ship's movement was similar to any other we have sailed on (With the exception of Hurricane Irene when we sailed in her wake re-entering Port Canaveral). Elevators in the rear of the ship were crowded at times but no problems with the forward elevators near the Atrium. As someone who loves the smaller spirit class ships and was a bit hesitant sailing Carnival's largest ship I would not hesitate to sail on the Dream again in the future and probably will!

Don't let negative people ruin your cruise. We were on the Dream last Nov and are going on her again this Oct. The only problem we encountered was the lack of privacy on our Upper Deck, deck 6, balcony due to the promanade deck below. We corrected that problem by getting a balcony on the Lido Deck this time.

The Steakhouse was fabulous. In fact, not only are we dinning in the Steakhouse again on this upcoming cruise, we are doing the Chef's table as well. We, like you, have always sat at the late dinning but have decided to go to anytime dinning because of our great experience with it on our last cruise. Never more than a minute or two wait.

If you booked a Spa Suite you will be very pleased. The Spa was better than any of the Spas we have seen on any of our cruises.

BTW, we never experienced really long lines at the buffet except the Mongolian Grill which seemed to back up almost every day. We also never noticed "The Smell" that everyone talks about. Not saying it isn't there, but we never noticed it during our week on the Dream.

I hope this helps. I understand doing research to prepare yourself, but never, never let anyone get you to the point where you are not looking forward toward your well deserved cruise. Have a great cruise and let us know how things are when you get back. I am sure you will have a great anniversary cruise.:D

Archived