Elite laundry service upon boarding

JudithLynne

I have a situation related to our Elite status and the Laundry service perk. Am hoping to hear from someone who has had a similar experience.

We are spending 5 days in Washington DC prior to our Canada/New England cruise (CB). When we board the ship, we will have 5 days worth of laundry which I anticipate will be primarily underwear and socks. We would love to have that laundry set out for cleaning the first night.

Will our laundry bag(s) be declined as it is too much and we obviously did not create the dirty clothes while on the cruise?

Thanks for any feedback……..

Judith

We normally bring all our suits for free dry cleaning even if we have no intention of wearing them durring the cruise.

The only time I have had something rejected was when we brought some down comforters and tried to get them to clean those.

Unless its per-bag each sock is counted as 1.....My Husband always has his tux sent out the first day to get cleaned or just pressed so its ready for Formal night......

Each sock is counted as one what? 2 socks = one pair and that's how they charge (if of course you are paying for your laundry).

No problem!. . . we always do the same thing and have dirty clothes from our pre cruise and we always do the same thing. . . that evening fill up out laundry sack the our stateroom attendant always takes it!

When I have a pre-cruise trip, I do the same thing: send out a bag of laundry as soon as I board. No problem.

We had to smile when we saw this.

A few months back, we Elites were chastised for bringing dirty clothes aboard and giving our Steward our dirty clothes to send to the Laundry.

Poster stated that we were going to ruin the Perk for every one.

We had to smile when we saw this.

A few months back, we Elites were chastised for bringing dirty clothes aboard and giving our Steward our dirty clothes to send to the Laundry.

Poster stated that we were going to ruin the Perk for every one.

Were you bringing dirty clothes from home or from being on the road?

The only time I have had something rejected was when we brought some down comforters and tried to get them to clean those.

It wasn't the comforter, it was the filling. If they had been filled with an acrylic fiberfill (such as the sleeping bag I brought from my summer camping trip) you wouldn't have had any problem! :p

Were you bringing dirty clothes from home or from being on the road?

We usually spend a few days, pre-cruise, travelling.

So, our dirty clothes are from our travels.

Would NEVER bring dirty clothes from home.

Who chastised you, the steward?

No, there was a Post, some months ago, complainging about Elites having

dirty laundry on the first day.

As we recall, we posted that we have dirty laundry from pre-Cruise travelling.

Again, as we recall, the OP suggested that we have our laundry washed prior to boarding:confused:.

Tried to Search for the Post; however, could not find it.

You can turn in your laundry for example Saturday night, but don't expect it back before dinner time on Monday. Unless of course you are willing to pay the expedited fee.

Now that they have elliminated the free express service we have our steward take our laundry beforedinner and have it back by the next evening.

Again, as we recall, the OP suggested that we have our laundry washed prior to boarding:confused:.

Don't bother researching. Envy always rears its ugly head.

I apologize for any offense. The post I remember was someone bragging about bringing dirty clothes from home and having them washed for the cruise. I recall them being told that abusing the system like that would lead to Princess curtailing the laundry benefit.

I would never look askance at anyone washing clothes the first night from a pre cruise trip. Otherwise you'd have to pack way more clothes and pay more luggage fees.

If someone chastises me for sending out laundry the first day I'll give it right back. It's MY laundry and I'm using a perk I've earned.

I'm going on a pre-cruise trip to Galapagos next February and will be using 6-7 days' clothing before boarding the ship. I'll be dirty, sweaty, wet, stinky, etc. for those days and the heck with anyone who thinks I'm abusing the perk. You can bet I'm sending my stuff out ASAP.

Just wondering - how harsh is the laundry on Princess on the actual clothes? We will be elite on our Ruby Cruise and the only time we sent clothes to the laundry was on Celebrity and everything shrunk (and it wasn't us that expanded either Pia - that time anyway! :eek:)

We have had a lot of laundry done on Princess, and only once did some of the black marker get on the neckline of my white sweater. It ran off the tape they put on. My hair covered it no problem.

The first night of the cruise is also a good time to use the self-service laundry. We often have a pre-cruise trip and bring our fair share of dirty laundry on board. Now that we're elite that's less of an issue. And yes, we also use the laundry perk - hey we've earned it! ;)

We've had the same situation. used several bags and placed them on the bed the first night when we went to dinner. Laundry was returned late the next day.

Shirley

My understanding is that laundry turned in late one day will be returned TWO days later in the evening. The cutoff for laundry is in the morning (around 9am, we've been told several times). It is returned the next evening around 5pm.

This changed happened sometime last year, and it did have an impact on how much we packed.

It may be an earned perk, but personally, we're not comfortable sending several days of pre-cruise laundry in for cleaning. If it's any more than a day or two's worth, we use the self serve laundry on the ship. That's just us, though, and I'm not judging those who handle it differently.

Even though we love having the free laundry, I still prefer to wash my own underwear. Just have a thing about some stranger handling the undies!

I do send out Ed's tux & dress shirts for pressing on the first day and some things from our precruise.

It's a wonderful perk and I would hate to have it limited like Princess did with the internet.

We plan on laundry taking two days, put it on bed before steward makes up room that evening and it comes back the next night. We just make sure that we don't rely on this "express service" so we are not disappointed if it ends up taking two days. Have yet to have that happen, but sure as Murphy is alive and well, if something is needed ASAP, check express and pay for it if billed.

If someone chastises me for sending out laundry the first day I'll give it right back. It's MY laundry and I'm using a perk I've earned.

I'm going on a pre-cruise trip to Galapagos next February and will be using 6-7 days' clothing before boarding the ship. I'll be dirty, sweaty, wet, stinky, etc. for those days and the heck with anyone who thinks I'm abusing the perk. You can bet I'm sending my stuff out ASAP.

I'm with you on this one, Pam . . . At least we didn't bring all of our suits and bedding from home to be washed as a previous poster tried to do. On our upcoming cruise we are spending 5 nights in New York City before the cruise and we will have some dirty clothes.

Archived