my excursion reveiw on carnival not published

kbmeow

They said it was against policy. I say it was because I gave it 1 star and a generally negative review . I stated the place the excursion went was beautiful, but the tour operators were liars and not a good company to use to go there.

You should of called up Carnival and told them there is an issue with tour staff instead of writing a bad review. If you talked to Carnival and they review the case, then they might remove the tour off the list of shore excursions.

I gather it was a CCL booked excursion, not a private one? CC policy says we are not allowed to use tour operator's/companies names. In all our cruises, we had one problem with a CCL excursion - a dune buggie excursion in GT. The buggies kept breaking down - spent a lot of "down" time each time we had to stop so the operators repaired them. When we got back on the ship we stopped by the excursion desk just to let them know the buggies were in ill-repair. They refunded 50% of our tour price! We didn't even ask them to, as we had a blast anyway! Did you tell the excursion desk that there was a problem? Do you mind us asking what excursion/island it was on?

They said it was against policy. I say it was because I gave it 1 star and a generally negative review . I stated the place the excursion went was beautiful, but the tour operators were liars and not a good company to use to go there.

Who is "they":confused:

I gather it was a CCL booked excursion, not a private one? CC policy says we are not allowed to use tour operator's/companies names.

Really? How come on the reviews and definitely in the ports of call threads there are TONS of posts mentioning different companies and tour guide names? Are these not allowed?

P.S. Okay just did a little reseach under CC "Guidelines" and found this:

We welcome the legitimate review or recommendation of tour operators, guides, property & business owners in ports of call. You must post your recommendation in response to a request for that specific information or your post will be removed without notice.

So I would like to request information from the OP - what excursions should I avoid when booking thru Carnival and what excursions would you recommend?

First of all I called and they more or less said you got your money back what do you want us to do now. No one is apologizing just doing the well it is a outside company. I want to feel like I am being heard. I do not care who runs it I paid carnival and expect them to back it and try and make me feel like I am being heard. I think a real apology would be nice about now.

I did not copy my review. It was through carnival.

I stated, That Coba is a beautiful and historic site that everyone should see but not threw this guide. Our rain or shine excursion was canceled. Because of rain they had a few days before. There were only 10 people going and they waited until we were on the ferry for 30-45 min to tell us it was canceled after try to get us to switch. I know it was canceled because there were not enough people and the guide lied to us. So do see Coba but not threw this operator.

My story. Not what I wrote on the excursion. I know if I wanted to go book a land vacation as I have done in the past. Also I checked weather when I got home, the weather was the same in Tulum and Coba and the are 44km apart. Understand I can handle the cancellation. I can not handle the blatant lying

We pre booked Coba as we had gotten engaged there and I am sure I missed a few things. We get to the ferry and were about to board and the guide shouted that there were extra busses to go to Tulum if anyone wanted to go. Did not think anything of it then but should have. Our ferry had people for Coba, Tulum and Xcaret . So after quite a few minutes the tour operator asks for a show of hands of how many going to Coba. Maybe 10 hands were up. He then stated that there had been rain and it was wet so no climbing, but you can go to Tulum instead. He then had to explain it to the people behind him and I then said, but you can not climb Tulum anyway what difference does it make. He was trying to convince them to go to Tulum and they did not want to go as they went last time. Ok 15 min later they cancel Coba but are pushing everyone to stay on and go to Tulum. Us and another couple got off. At that point I realized, it had nothing to do with weather it was because they had so few people they did not think the tour was profitable. I knew this getting off. But after waiting for tickets and going back to the ship for a refund it was at least noon. Most excursions were gone or we could not make because of the time. My husband has a prosthetic leg so it takes us a little longer. ) Yes we got a refund but i also asked if we found something could we get the pre book price as we had pre booked everything and it wasn't our fault it was canceled. No one said let us try and help you or even, hey it leaves in 10 min but if you leave now I can have them hold it a few ( for the land ones) that were shorter excursions, I got a no.

Why am I complaining. because I was lied to. I know why my " rain or shine" tour was canceled. Not enough people. If they had told us that I would not be so angry. If they had canceled us earlier or the night before I would not be so angry. We sat on a boat for 30-45 min then we were canceled. But we could go with them to Tulum. They made it so we had no options except to try and find a local to take us, this was suggested by a crew member. But without research I will not do that. I know that there is safety in numbers. I also know that our camera gear is worth more than some locals make in a month and the wrong guide could have " friends" rob us or we may never make it back in time. I have always booked threw Carnival, because I know I will get to the ship. We also did some Port shopping and I saw the tour operator getting a chewing out by one of the carnival excursion people. I heard him back storying and trying to justify. Oh this never happens

Was it not published here, on Cruise Critic... the forums on Carnival.com? Where???

posted where? on a carnival site, or cruise critic?

there are other places to post it if you have problems.

Different cruise lines, same thing where they try to distance themselves from any problems involving tours. I have got 1/2 of my money back on 2 tours that were not as promised. I never got an "we are sorry". Just 1/2 the money.

Secondly, I have had several tours cancelled on different cruises lines because they did not have enough people booked and they told us that is why they were being cancelled, but never when we were already on the tour and they ended it early/cancelled. That would tick me off also.

Sadly, I have found, the more upset I get and the more I write, the more I get ignored or critisized by others reading it on CC. I had 3 weeks of problems on 3 cruises with HAL. I got blasted when I told why and no one really understood what I went through, because my anger did not let me describe everything in a way people could understand my frustration.

So, I just toss everything I get from HAL in the garbage and when given the chance, I tell anyone that will listen why I would never book HAL again and definitely not recommend it to friends. Works for me and since we take 3 cruises a year and are still working fulltime, it is HAL's loss and not mine. I would give Carnival another chance(I gave HAL two more), as I think/hope it was not the line as a whole, but just a few bad apples.

Was it not published here, on Cruise Critic... the forums on Carnival.com? Where???

posted where? on a carnival site, or cruise critic?

there are other places to post it if you have problems.

The OP said the excursion review section on the Carnival site. They allow people to rate/review carnival excursions.

Different cruise lines, same thing where they try to distance themselves from any problems involving tours. I have got 1/2 of my money back on 2 tours that were not as promised. I never got an "we are sorry". Just 1/2 the money.

Secondly, I have had several tours cancelled on different cruises lines because they did not have enough people booked and they told us that is why they were being cancelled, but never when we were already on the tour and they ended it early/cancelled. That would tick me off also.

Sadly, I have found, the more upset I get and the more I write, the more I get ignored or critisized by others reading it on CC. I had 3 weeks of problems on 3 cruises with HAL. I got blasted when I told why and no one really understood what I went through, because my anger did not let me describe everything in a way people could understand my frustration.

So, I just toss everything I get from HAL in the garbage and when given the chance, I tell anyone that will listen why I would never book HAL again and definitely not recommend it to friends. Works for me and since we take 3 cruises a year and are still working fulltime, it is HAL's loss and not mine. I would give Carnival another chance(I gave HAL two more), as I think/hope it was not the line as a whole, but just a few bad apples.

My husband is 10x more angry about the lie than me. We were going to video part of the conversation between the carnival persona nd the tour operator and change our mind. Our SLR has great hd video. i think we should have.

If it helps... I rated a couple they didn't except also and I gave them 5 stars! I have no idea why they didn't except them, but I think they are pretty particular about things that go on the site.

I'm willing to bet that they didn't publish your review because you didn't actually go on the excursion. Those reviews are for people that are interested in doing the excursion to know how it works and what people think of the actual activity... not as a complaint forum for the actual tour operator. You definitely have a complaint to Carnival and the excursion company, but I'm not really surprised they didn't publish your reviews....

BTW.. there are some one star reviews posted also for certain excursions....

Company's typically won't let their website be used to commit libel against another person or company, it would open them up to a lawsuit. Your use of the term "liar" and "lie" fall within that category. If you say the other company lied to you and Carnival posts it on the website the tour company would have a case against Carnival.

Why am I complaining. because I was lied to. I know why my " rain or shine" tour was canceled. Not enough people. If they had told us that I would not be so angry. If they had canceled us earlier or the night before I would not be so angry. We sat on a boat for 30-45 min then we were canceled. But we could go with them to Tulum. They made it so we had no options except to try and find a local to take us, this was suggested by a crew member. But without research I will not do that. I know that there is safety in numbers. I also know that our camera gear is worth more than some locals make in a month and the wrong guide could have " friends" rob us or we may never make it back in time. I have always booked threw Carnival, because I know I will get to the ship. We also did some Port shopping and I saw the tour operator getting a chewing out by one of the carnival excursion people. I heard him back storying and trying to justify. Oh this never happens

You got your money back, and Carnival is aware of the issue with that tour operator. Carnival didn't lie to you, the tour operator did. AND you got a full refund. I understand your disappointment, but what else are you expecting, a free cruise?

You got your money back, and Carnival is aware of the issue with that tour operator. Carnival didn't lie to you, the tour operator did. AND you got a full refund. I understand your disappointment, but what else are you expecting, a free cruise?

Did you miss the word "apology":confused:

Archived