All aboard 1 hr prior to leaving ports. Truth or Fiction?

Karysa

[quote name='ColinIllinois']May I just take a second to use my superior intellect to explain this all in simple language. NCL.com is a U.S. website that says be onboard one hour prior to sailing. When you go to other countries they use the metric system.

One hour (U.S.) is thirty minutes in the metric system.

Dummies.[/quote]

Dang it ... all this time !!! I knew I was doing something wrong..

[quote name='ColinIllinois']May I just take a second to use my superior intellect to explain this all in simple language. NCL.com is a U.S. website that says be onboard one hour prior to sailing. When you go to other countries they use the metric system.

Dummies.[/quote]

:D :D ROFL this is way too funny. Especially to someone who is old enough to remember when Canada used "real" measurements of everything (imperial). After 40 years I still haven't gotten the whole concept of metric especially for weather.

Dummies.[/QUOTE]

Ahhhhhhh, now it makes sense. lol :D

No offense, but that's what this thread turned into since your question was answered 2 pages and 76 posts ago. :rolleyes:

Too bad and time to just start a thread about it. You will more than likely get the attention of fellow "dock watchers" and have way more fun anyway.

May I just take a second to use my superior intellect to explain this all in simple language. NCL.com is a U.S. website that says be onboard one hour prior to sailing. When you go to other countries they use the metric system.

Dummies.

LOL-great explanation. TY!

:D :D ROFL this is way too funny. Especially to someone who is old enough to remember when Canada used "real" measurements of everything (imperial). After 40 years I still haven't gotten the whole concept of metric especially for weather.

To convert to degrees F...double it and add 30

++++++++++++

Seriously, about this thread-NONE of us 'enjoy' it when someone misses the ship (OK-I do know a few that I would enjoy watching run along the pier). When we see the runners, we really do feel sorry for them.

++++++++++++++

Is that all ? It only feels like days.

Anybody for a Hot Dog ? ;)

LOL-we haven't had a good hot dog thread in a long time. Some of the new members are now going "HUH?"

May I just take a second to use my superior intellect to explain this all in simple language. NCL.com is a U.S. website that says be onboard one hour prior to sailing. When you go to other countries they use the metric system.

Dummies.

Colin -- If you look out your window, you may see your house surrounded by people in white jackets !! Please go with them peacefully --- Be assured they are only trying to help you !!!:D:D

++++++++++++

Seriously, about this thread-NONE of us 'enjoy' it when someone misses the ship (OK-I do know a few that I would enjoy watching run along the pier). When we see the runners, we really do feel sorry for them.

++++++++++++++

LOL-we haven't had a good hot dog thread in a long time. Some of the new members are now going "HUH?"

Too late for back peddling, I read every post. I really do not believe your middle comment to be true for all of those who posted on this thread.

Gee thanks, I just find it much easier at 5am to have thermometers inside and out as well as my thermostat in imperial (purchased states side). So when they tell me it's 25deg in the summer on the radio, I'm not reaching for my parka instead of my bathing suit. ;)

I'm sure this is true, when watching the videos with OMGs and oh no's and aw's. Some do laugh but sometimes I think that is similar to someone laughing after you have fallen. No one wants to see someone hurt themselves but sometimes the look on their face or the way in which they are sprawled in the middle of the sidewalk, can't help but bring a laugh even to the one that is fallen (of course once you make sure they are OK). Pier runners can bring that same smile when you see the astonished looked on their face as the ship is pulling out. BTW that is just based on watching videos as I never even realized this went on until after my last cruise when I read a thread on CC. And yes some people do just get pleasure out of someone else's misery, unfortunately.

Exactly, I had hoped it was clear we were joking. Not that we don't watch, but that we do feel badly. In fact, I've been known to cheer them on. But I guess our humor was not immediately apparent. :rolleyes:

How do YOU like YOUR hot dog, Mr. Bisson?

I'm sure this is true, when watching the videos with OMGs and oh no's and aw's. Some do laugh but sometimes I think that is similar to someone laughing after you have fallen. No one wants to see someone hurt themselves but sometimes the look on their face or the way in which they are sprawled in the middle of the sidewalk, can't help but bring a laugh even to the one that is fallen (of course once you make sure they are OK). Pier runners can bring that same smile when you see the astonished looked on their face as the ship is pulling out. BTW that is just based on watching videos as I never even realized this went on until after my last cruise when I read a thread on CC. And yes some people do just get pleasure out of someone else's misery, unfortunately.

Well said

Oh & btw-you can skip the next meeting of the Polar Bear Club ;)

Exactly, I had hoped it was clear we were joking. Not that we don't watch, but that we do feel badly. In fact, I've been known to cheer them on. But I guess our humor was not immediately apparent. :rolleyes:

How do YOU like YOUR hot dog, Mr. Bisson?

Yep-I enjoy laughing enuf that I like to find humor in many things 'after the fact'.

Loaded but no ketchup please

Gee thanks, I just find it much easier at 5am to have thermometers inside and out as well as my thermostat in imperial (purchased states side). So when they tell me it's 25deg in the summer on the radio, I'm not reaching for my parka instead of my bathing suit. ;)

Sad, but true, that some people actually do get pleasure out of someone else's misery.

Sad, but true, that some people actually do get pleasure out of someone else's misery.

All kidding aside , your statement is true. I do hope I am never the one bringing joy to my fellow passangers up on deck. ( though the cheers may make me run faster!)

So far everyone of the runners I have witnessed has made it back.:)

(I'll take mine with relish and onions)

Archived